Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Alien & time travel

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    manz

manz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

As per Steven Greer : Aliens/UFOs do travel faster that light, Does that mean they time travel too? and If so, we would be able to obtain their tech and go to past/future by using their UFO??

#2    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

View Postmanz, on 12 October 2012 - 06:22 AM, said:

As per Steven Greer : Aliens/UFOs do travel faster that light, Does that mean they time travel too? and If so, we would be able to obtain their tech and go to past/future by using their UFO??

The short answer...NO

The long answer...Space ships can not move faster than light.  As the velocity of an object closes in on the speed of light it gains mass.  The greater the mass, the greater the gravity an object has.  If an object were to reach the speed of light it would have infinite mass making it, for lack of a better term, a black hole.  The occupants would be crushed by the gravity.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#3    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Greer says a lot of things.  I have worked for the government, including on DARPA projects, and the way this guy talks about his "experiences", it's as though he's reciting an elaborate story.  The way the government goes about black projects is that of complete compartmentalization.  You will have a large group of people, each with their own piece of the puzzle, working towards a common goal without any of them having the full story.  He goes off as though he knew everything about what was going on, and people were telling him all sorts of things, which is BS.  They ALL would have had a small piece of info to work on, and neither would have the whole story, and they would have all been sworn to secrecy from discussing it with their co-workers.  His story has absolutely no official government procedure.  The guy is a pathological liar.

#4    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

View PostQuaentum, on 12 October 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

The short answer...NO

The long answer...Space ships can not move faster than light.  As the velocity of an object closes in on the speed of light it gains mass.  The greater the mass, the greater the gravity an object has.  If an object were to reach the speed of light it would have infinite mass making it, for lack of a better term, a black hole.  The occupants would be crushed by the gravity.

I agree with this the universe has set laws that cannot be broken in my opinion.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#5    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostCpl599, on 12 October 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

Greer says a lot of things.  His story has absolutely no official government procedure.  The guy is a pathological liar.

I agree with most of your post #3, but regarding Steven Greer, II don't believe he's a pathological liar.  JMHO. ;)

#6    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

View PostQuaentum, on 12 October 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

The short answer...NO

Space is awful big, we don't know what kind of minerals or resources may be out there that could make an exotic form of propulsion or have odd or negating effects on gravity...

#7    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

There are a lot of things we don't know, if they're way ahead of us technologically speaking, then odds are they've solved a lot of problems that we can't get past. While there is nothing in the known laws of physics that says you can't time travel......then who can say?

My own pet theory is that some of the UFO's we see and are reported might be time travelers from our past, that is our future selves trying to get a better handle on historical events rather than aliens. Yeah, I know that's kind of out there, but when you consider the technological advances we've made in the last two hundred years, can you imagine what we might do in another two thousand? We've gone from horse and buggy to sending robots to Mars and probes into deep space.........in another two thousand years? Who knows?

Just food for thought.

#8    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:43 AM

View PostMantis914, on 12 October 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

Space is awful big, we don't know what kind of minerals or resources may be out there that could make an exotic form of propulsion or have odd or negating effects on gravity...
Very true........ we have only our limited knowledge to draw from. There are many unknowns which could make gravity wobble or just dissappear.

#9    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:57 AM

I remember a science teacher of mine said it was impossible to time travel into the future because it doesn't exist...and if it did, would it constantly be changing due to our actions? Are there a million futures based on what we do to change it? How can we know which one we'll end up into, and due to the action of time traveling, will that future change too? Can you change what future you'll travel to?

Confusing. :unsure2:

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#10    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:26 AM

View PostMisstreeDove, on 13 October 2012 - 04:57 AM, said:

I remember a science teacher of mine said it was impossible to time travel into the future because it doesn't exist...and if it did, would it constantly be changing due to our actions? Are there a million futures based on what we do to change it? How can we know which one we'll end up into, and due to the action of time traveling, will that future change too? Can you change what future you'll travel to?

Confusing. :unsure2:

Thats a good point, so you wouldnt be able to travel to the year 2040 because it hasnt happened yet. I saw this thing on this show once and this guy said technically If time travel were possible and you made a machine for it, you would only be able to go back in time to the point you actually turned the machine on.
When speaking of time travel it always boggles my mind not to mention the paradoxes you would have to watch out for.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#11    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:40 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 13 October 2012 - 05:26 AM, said:

Thats a good point, so you wouldnt be able to travel to the year 2040 because it hasnt happened yet. I saw this thing on this show once and this guy said technically If time travel were possible and you made a machine for it, you would only be able to go back in time to the point you actually turned the machine on.
When speaking of time travel it always boggles my mind not to mention the paradoxes you would have to watch out for.

Yeah. There are practically hundreds if not thousands of paradoxes than can happen due to time travel. To try to explain just one paradox:

If you travel back into the past, what if you meet yourself? What would past-you do? What would present-you do? What if past-you decides not to time travel? What happens to present-you? Will you cease to exist? And we've mentioned that technically, the future doesn't exist. So would the future not exist for past-you? Then how would present-you exist? Would present-you simply not exist? Will there be a million present-you's from a million futures? Is the future for past-you the same for present-you? What if you interact? Would this change the future for past-you? Would if change the future for present-you? How would the future change? Would present-you change? What if present-you does cease to exist? How does that effect past-you? Would past-you cease to exist too? Would all of the you's cease to exist from the timeline?

Wow. My brain is trying to escape from my skull.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#12    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 12 October 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

I agree with this the universe has set laws that cannot be broken in my opinion.

Are they the universe's laws or mans laws?  I'm not convinced that humans are ready yet to speak on behalf of God.

Posted Image

#13    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,115 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

View Postzoser, on 13 October 2012 - 06:41 AM, said:

Are they the universe's laws or mans laws?  I'm not convinced that humans are ready yet to speak on behalf of God.
Yet we invented him.

#14    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• let thy insanity keep thee sane, but if that doesn't work then go fishing... I need to go fishing real Real bad!.. catch a big one

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

It is my belief that the Laws talked about here are man's laws. not nature's laws   in it's truest form nature is a ballence. ( when man isn't around to eff it up)  what goes up must come down, life is followed by death and death feeds the life around it, summer is eventually followed by winter and  winter is eventually followed by summer.  Using this ballence as my unproveable defense, Time cannot go forward if something isn't going backwards.

I hope  time travel is real and will soon be available whether by faster than light speed or electromagnetic wormholes because  i would like to some day go back in time and see woodstock, i was to young the first time.

#15    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

View Postzoser, on 13 October 2012 - 06:41 AM, said:

Well said..... my thoughts exactly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users