Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Iran Nuclear Program: U.S. Believes

iran u.s. nuclear weapons war un

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

WASHINGTON, Aug 9 (Reuters) - The United States still believes that Iran is not on the verge of having a nuclear weapon and that Tehran has not made a decision to pursue one, U.S. officials said on Thursday.

Their comments came after Israeli media reports claimed U.S. President Barack Obama had received a new National Intelligence Estimate saying Iran had made significant and surprising progress toward military nuclear capability.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1762134.html

#2    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,431 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

Not surprising since we totaled the facility that could have enriched uranium with a computer virus.  But why would the Isaeli press fabricate suc nonsense?

#3    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,658 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

View PostOverSword, on 10 August 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

Not surprising since we totaled the facility that could have enriched uranium with a computer virus.  But why would the Isaeli press fabricate suc nonsense?

Maybe because they want to attack Iran and know they can't get away with it without Americas backing.

Just a wild guess.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#4    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 10 August 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

Maybe because they want to attack Iran and know they can't get away with it without Americas backing.

Just a wild guess.

Br Cornelius

Must have taken you ages to think of that. :tu:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,974 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

So the world community seems to have a serious problem with Iran possessing a nuke but no problem with them having all the components of same - unassembled?  The idea being, I guess, that intel would give advanced warning before they could assemble such a device for use?  My guess is that Netanyahu has been trying to get the job done by us and now that he sees it isn't going to happen he will begin to tone down his rhetoric before he looks even more like a fool.  Either that or Israel kicks A'jad in the &***zz in October just prior to election day.  A nuclear armed Iran will set the whole world on a hair trigger because of Iran's adventurism against the US and Israel...especially Israel.  Those here who dislike Israel and the US and who will be pleased by Iran getting their bomb might want to consider that...

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#6    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:37 AM

so did they sent their lapdog " usa " to do the dirty work ? or not yet ?
like that nuclear would ever be threat to israel
if they ever threat to use it .. iran would attack gulf and arabic countries .. not israel

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#7    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,658 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

View Postand then, on 11 August 2012 - 02:00 AM, said:

So the world community seems to have a serious problem with Iran possessing a nuke but no problem with them having all the components of same - unassembled?  The idea being, I guess, that intel would give advanced warning before they could assemble such a device for use?  My guess is that Netanyahu has been trying to get the job done by us and now that he sees it isn't going to happen he will begin to tone down his rhetoric before he looks even more like a fool.  Either that or Israel kicks A'jad in the &***zz in October just prior to election day.  A nuclear armed Iran will set the whole world on a hair trigger because of Iran's adventurism against the US and Israel...especially Israel.  Those here who dislike Israel and the US and who will be pleased by Iran getting their bomb might want to consider that...

i hardly feel safe knowing that Israel is in possession of a Nuclear arsenal. Religious fanatics of any flavour in possession of WMD are a scary thought.

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,974 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:31 AM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 11 August 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

i hardly feel safe knowing that Israel is in possession of a Nuclear arsenal. Religious fanatics of any flavour in possession of WMD are a scary thought.

Br Cornelius
It's even worse than that brutha....Netanyahu comes from a family of ....HISTORIANS   bu wahahahaha.   Israel is as secular as the US...in fact maybe more so.  And Israel is a proven actor with these things after a history of 40+ years... no incidents or accidents and they don't go around using them as a club - just a subtle reminder.  What bothers you is that they have a deterrent that keeps their neighbors in line for the most part.

#9    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,974 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 11 August 2012 - 04:37 AM, said:

if they ever threat to use it .. iran would attack gulf and arabic countries .. not israel

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 11 August 2012 - 04:37 AM, said:

Case in point Br Cornelius....here's someone who lives in the region and he assumes they will be aimed at the Arabic countries.  Hmmm...S.A. collects their pre paid nukes from Pakistan.  Egypt gets all "bomb envy" and starts building... Israel is looking in several directions at once and on a heightened alert status 24/7.  What's not to love about the Iranian bomb?

Edited to add:  Thanks KoS for making my point for me about the dangers posed by Iranian nukes to the region.

Edited by and then, 11 August 2012 - 08:39 AM.

#10    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

View Postand then, on 11 August 2012 - 08:31 AM, said:

It's even worse than that brutha....Netanyahu comes from a family of ....HISTORIANS   bu wahahahaha.   Israel is as secular as the US...in fact maybe more so.  And Israel is a proven actor with these things after a history of 40+ years... no incidents or accidents and they don't go around using them as a club - just a subtle reminder.  What bothers you is that they have a deterrent that keeps their neighbors in line for the most part.

The Israeli govt is not secular. It is full of right wing religious extremists at this present moment in time.

Personally I think Israel should be made to give up their nuclear weapons, and be given a public promise from the U.S. that states if they are ever attacked first, then the U.S. will intervene, and that if they are ever attacked by nukes then the U.S. will respond in kind.

Israel having nukes in that region is only going to spur other nervous nations on to gain them also. This is why Iran had a nuclear weapons program before it was cancelled in 2003. People seem unable to realise that ISRAEL is the country that has started a nuclear arms race in that region.

Also, according to numerous independent polls in the region, the people of Middle Eastern countries are not afraid of Iran possessing nuclear weapons. They believe it will even the power in the region. It it is tin pot U.S. protected dictatorships who are afraid of such a scenario, for fear it will eventually end their status quo of repression and riches.

#11    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

http://www.rawstory....AQdUxk.facebook

Looks like we are getting mixed reports on whether Iran is a threat or not... lol

Terrorist route works best for them though.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#12    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,974 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 11 August 2012 - 10:22 AM, said:

The Israeli govt is not secular. It is full of right wing religious extremists at this present moment in time.

Personally I think Israel should be made to give up their nuclear weapons, and be given a public promise from the U.S. that states if they are ever attacked first, then the U.S. will intervene, and that if they are ever attacked by nukes then the U.S. will respond in kind.

Israel having nukes in that region is only going to spur other nervous nations on to gain them also. This is why Iran had a nuclear weapons program before it was cancelled in 2003. People seem unable to realise that ISRAEL is the country that has started a nuclear arms race in that region.

Also, according to numerous independent polls in the region, the people of Middle Eastern countries are not afraid of Iran possessing nuclear weapons. They believe it will even the power in the region. It it is tin pot U.S. protected dictatorships who are afraid of such a scenario, for fear it will eventually end their status quo of repression and riches.
Israel has been a nuclear power since the 60's.  Either the neighboring States have been taking a LOT of valium for a long time...or Israel has behaved in such a way (even during wars) that caused no real anxiety.  Not sure where your independent polls are from but the governments of the region despise and fear Iran.  The people of the region simply despise Israel and soon enough I think they will get what they have wished for - an all out war to slaughter the Jews.  Only problem is they are going to lose spectacularly...again....

#13    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,658 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

View Postand then, on 11 August 2012 - 08:31 AM, said:

So why do you imagine that Iran would suddenly Nuke Israel if they had them. Is it simply racial prejudice which allows you to believe that Israel is a responsible holder of Nukes but Iran is not. Let us not forget that the only country which has used Nukes in an act of War is America - are we to be afraid that America will suddenly decide to do so again.

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

#14    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,974 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 11 August 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

So why do you imagine that Iran would suddenly Nuke Israel if they had them. Is it simply racial prejudice which allows you to believe that Israel is a responsible holder of Nukes but Iran is not. Let us not forget that the only country which has used Nukes in an act of War is America - are we to be afraid that America will suddenly decide to do so again.

Br Cornelius
You never can tell brutha...we Americans are a vicious lot.  Israel has a demonstrated history of moderation and rationality where these weapons are concerned.  Iran has a record of attacking and killing citizens of other countries through acts of terror.  It is the "shield" effect that worries me about Iran, not their overt use of a nuke.  Their leaders are cowards who kill from the shadows or by using paid assassins in Hezballah.  But the groups that work with Iran might feel some level of impunity to attack and THAT could lead to regional war.

#15    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

View Postand then, on 11 August 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

You never can tell brutha...we Americans are a vicious lot.  Israel has a demonstrated history of moderation and rationality where these weapons are concerned.  Iran has a record of attacking and killing citizens of other countries through acts of terror.  It is the "shield" effect that worries me about Iran, not their overt use of a nuke.  Their leaders are cowards who kill from the shadows or by using paid assassins in Hezballah.  But the groups that work with Iran might feel some level of impunity to attack and THAT could lead to regional war.

Iran doesn't have any such record. They fund groups - have funded groups - that were in a legitimate battle for survival against Israel. They didn't provide funding to Hezbollah and state ' you must kill citizens of Israel or America with this money', as you seem to suggest. They provided the means for legitimate resistance organisations for their struggle. This is before we even recognise that Hezbollah primarily attacked military targets (it was Hamas that killed civilians in retaliation of the Occupation).

Your view of Iran is warped. More so when we consider the events that the U.S. is responsible for against them, before we even mention the brutal and illegal sanctions now installed against them. What about the Iranian commercial plane that was brought down by the U.S. Navy? The brutal regime the U.S. installed and backed, etc, etc, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users