Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Cries for Help from inside FEMA Camps

inside fema camps

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

If there are any people on UM who are familiar with the FEMA tent city, named “Camp Freedom”, where over 800 people are being sheltered in the New Jersey area, please feel free to post about that here.
-=-=-

Camp Freedom - Inside New York’s Tent City. Victims of Sandy are raising red flags over FEMA’s latest effort.
How bad is it? It’s hard to tell since the agency has banned the media from entering the FEMA camps.

As detailed by a handful of independent news outlets like Asbury Park Press, the media is bared from entering New York’s FEMA camps. The paper took its readers on a brief, first-hand tour anyway. After being chased away by camp guards, investigators lured some residents down the road to tell their story.

As they departed the camp gates, the reporters described the appearance of the fenced-in tent city saying it ‘more closely resembles a prison camp’. The FEMA camp resident who spoke to the news team even wore a government identification tag that gave the official title of his new home – ‘Camp Freedom’.
Read more

#2    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,755 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

Why did they ban the media? Whats the justification?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,649 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

I think it's disgraceful that these people are being kept from basic needs.  We are able to do better than that here.  I'm no fan of the Feds on any level, regardless which party sits in the Oval Office, but situations like this have MANY causes and blaming a single entity doesn't work.  The press carried Obama's water so he could be reelected and now they would have to admit being complicit if they report the aftermath so, silence.  The State government seems to be waiting on the Feds and isn't trying to spend any of their budgets to help...it's disgraceful.  Cold Katrina.......

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#4    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

View Postand then, on 22 November 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

~~~ ...

...  The State government seems to be waiting on the Feds and isn't trying to spend any of their budgets to help...it's disgraceful.  Cold Katrina.......
From the OP article:
Governor Cuomo has requested $30 billion in federal aid for his state alone. So far, President Obama has only authorized $1.5 billion for the entire East coast. The White House reminded the media that it included $600 million approved for direct assistance to individual victims.

#5    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

Call Penn and Pitt. Or, would that be against their religion? No party platform to preach from.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 22 November 2012 - 12:52 PM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#6    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

Are you kidding me ? Wtf . Why isnt there a hint of this on the news here ?
They go on and on about how awful occupy wall street allegedly was ,but that they used force to break up ,and the media was banned .
Nice .
Reposting this everywhere and sending it to all my news peeps . Thank you for this .
*furious*

Miss me?

#7    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,984 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

Were there FEMA camps set up in Katrina? Did they last this long? Were they reported on?

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 22 November 2012 - 01:32 PM.

Posted Image

#8    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,269 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

I'm guessing that Whiteout Press, Independent News for Independent Thinkers, is probably not a source that would be entirely free from an agenda of its own.
Surely if it demonstrates anything, this demonstrates how FEMA, for whatever reason (lack of funding or whatever else), is actually barely capable of running a hot dog stand, let alone a network of gulags into which Dissidents from Obama's regime will be herded and secretly disposed of.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#9    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,984 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

View PostKarlis, on 22 November 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

From the OP article:
Governor Cuomo has requested $30 billion in federal aid for his state alone. So far, President Obama has only authorized $1.5 billion for the entire East coast. The White House reminded the media that it included $600 million approved for direct assistance to individual victims.

Isn't it strange how and when Obama chooses to be fiscally prudent? He gives away untold billions for green companies with no intent on an ROI, gives billions in aid to our foreign enemies and domestic ones too I'm sure and let's not forget Benghazi where it is said that because republicans voted against the funding! Really? We've got $900B for an experiment in kenseyan economics and so much other wreckless and wasteful spending and proposals to eliminate a debt limit yet we don't have enough money for a dozen or two marines to watch the embassy or enough to eradicate this Sandy bs?! We give $2B to Pakistan and Egypt for crying out loud.. They spend $25B maintaining and cleaning unused vacant federal infrastructure and we can't give the east coast what it needs to get cleaned up? Wow!
And why no press? What do they not want them to see? That it takes more than a walk down the street with a republican and a camera to fix a disaster? Well done players. Transparency was promised and its easier than ever to see right through these guys. b*******.

Posted Image

#10    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

. After everyone started complaining and they found out we were contacting the press, they brought people in. Every time we plugged in an iPhone or something, the cops would come and unplug them.”

Hummm should we start calling the National security people gestapo or stazzi?  Oups that name is already taken.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#11    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,984 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

View Post747400, on 22 November 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

Surely if it demonstrates anything, this demonstrates how FEMA, for whatever reason (lack of funding or whatever else), is actually barely capable of running a hot dog stand, let alone a network of gulags into which Dissidents from Obama's regime will be herded and secretly disposed of.
You said it all right there. Have you any idea how much credit was given for not only a job well done but a superb job well done? There were pats on the back, photo ops, NFL pregame photo ops, no ceremonies, with Roger Goodell and the head of FEMA along with all these other fake asss New York City power players. Well my Steelers crapped on that for them and they (the officials) did literally everything they could to give that game to the Giants. Point is Obama and FEMA were heralded as a great success before the cleanup even started. All they did was show up and the MSM drooled and crowed about how much better than Bush he is. The press was absolutely complacent in getting him re-elected. That's not sour grapes that's true and this op proves that.

Posted Image

#12    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 22 November 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

Were there FEMA camps set up in Katrina? Did they last this long? Were they reported on?
No,because they we completely ill equipped for the event .You never even heard of FEMA until Katrina ,and their inept response .
Everyone was in the sports dome ,and complete lawlessness went on .

I might also want to remind everyone ,that FEMA camps and how bad they will be,is an alleged conspiracy theory .
Not anymore . Now its fact .
Surprise surprise .

Miss me?

#13    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,984 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 22 November 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

No,because they we completely ill equipped for the event .You never even heard of FEMA until Katrina ,and their inept response .

I might also want to remind everyone ,that FEMA camps and how bad they will be,is an alleged conspiracy theory .
Surprise surprise .
Much of that lawlessness eventually turned out untrue. Much was invented to squander the Bush administration.
Are you saying the camps are bad? Is that the fact?
I'd like to know why it's locked down like Area 51.

Posted Image

#14    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,649 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 22 November 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

Surprise surprise .
I'm only vaguely aware of the stuff being said about the FEMA "camps".  THIS issue seems to be pure ineptitude and politically motivated horse stuff to cover themselves from bad press.  It's disgraceful that Americans should just be left to suffer while political types argue over who's going to foot the bill - and you KNOW that's what this is really about.  Obama should be flooding the region with cash and the jobs it would bring but he doesn't really need to now does he?  He is politically untouchable now.  And he KNOWS it.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#15    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 22 November 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

Much of that lawlessness eventually turned out untrue. Much was invented to squander the Bush administration.

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 22 November 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

rapes and murder and stealing,occured in the dome ,it was awful . I had friends down there .One was literally swept away .
I watched all the news reports for weeks .It was very bad .
I never heard the dome stories were untrue .

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users