Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Queensryche Operation: Mindcrime

supervike

So, 25 years ago this month, Queesnryche, a progressive rock band from Seattle, released what IMHO, is the best Hard Rock Album of all time.

The album was a concept album which tells the story of a young man, who is lured into being a hitman for a Revolution via drugs. Ultimately, realizing his wrong doings, tries to stop and loses his sanity among other important things.

Anyhow, I dug it out again after all these years and have been listening to it for a couple of weeks. I'm amazed at how it rings true after all these years. This album could have been written today and still be right on to the current political climate.

Lyrics like:

Fighting fire with empty words

While the banks get fat

And the poor stay poor

And the rich get rich

And the cops get paid

To look away

As the One Percent rules America.

The music, lyrics, and production of this album just meshed perfectly and formed this release that really goes beyond just 'an album'.

If you've never heard it, check it out. If you are familar with it, do like I did and re-experience it.

It's well worth the time.

• Like 1

I think this song by Bread still holds true.

Sure gets funny thinkin' 'bout money

Makin' my daily bread,

The more you make, the more they take

You never seem to get ahead,

You break your backs just to pay your tax

Then you don't like the way that it's spent,

Somewhere back we jumped the track

This isn't what the governmeant...

Bet my now I've made a hundred thou

But I ain't saved a dime,

The IRS came out best

They got my money every time,

It caín't be fair when the millionaire

Never has to give them a cent,

Sad to say we've lost the way

This isn't what the governmeant ...

Then the war , don't know what for

Somebody said it had to be fought,

I'se sposed to go but I said no

'Cause I'se afraid I might get shot,

but here I am on my hands and knees

scrubbin' in my dungarees

I got burned but I finally learned

This is what the governmeant

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/This-Isn%27t-What-The-Governmeant-lyrics-Bread/AC2D67660F253AA0482568C8000B70DF

• Like 1

So, 25 years ago this month, Queesnryche, a progressive rock band from Seattle, released what IMHO, is the best Hard Rock Album of all time.

The album was a concept album which tells the story of a young man, who is lured into being a hitman for a Revolution via drugs. Ultimately, realizing his wrong doings, tries to stop and loses his sanity among other important things.

Anyhow, I dug it out again after all these years and have been listening to it for a couple of weeks. I'm amazed at how it rings true after all these years. This album could have been written today and still be right on to the current political climate.

Lyrics like:

Fighting fire with empty words

While the banks get fat

And the poor stay poor

And the rich get rich

And the cops get paid

To look away

As the One Percent rules America.

The music, lyrics, and production of this album just meshed perfectly and formed this release that really goes beyond just 'an album'.

If you've never heard it, check it out. If you are familar with it, do like I did and re-experience it.

It's well worth the time.

Yes, Operation: Mindcrime is most definitely one of my top hard rock albums of all time!

I have listened to it many, many times and never get tired of it. It is on my list of albums that you would pick to have with you if you were stuck on a deserted island and could only have a limited amount of music with you. Provided you had power of course.

I believe they are from the city of Bellevue right across Washington Lake on the other side of Seattle though.

• Like 1