Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

dAz...real or not (debunkers welcome)

Daughter of the Nine Moons

Many things have been attributed to dAz in the strange and wonderful history of UM.

He is member number 4, an "administrator" so they say. Not much is known about him except that dAz did it. The forum's broke? dAz did it! Strange things happening on UM? dAz did it! Losing time? dAz did it! MSN wonky? dAz did it! Your cat disappeared? dAz did it! (well maybe not I heard he was allergic)

I ask you how do we really know that dAz exists? Who or what is dAz? It has been quietly whispered that dAz is in fact the white wizard. (shh ok?) Some say he waits in the shadows only to appear in times of great need. I have heard be wary if you call on dAz he just might answer. I can neither confirm nor deny these as fact. I do not know.

If anyone has a verifiable* dAz sighting, please post it here, after all whether sceptic or believer, we all search for the truth.

* pic's (with or without orbs) are acceptable as well as, video, and screenshots.

I see... I had always wondered about this mythical dAz. Does he exist, why are there no clear photos of him...

I say we start a dAz expedition to find this creature!!

He *sniff* is like the great Edward on 'Out of The Silent Planet' That tune rocks!,*gets serious* dAZ may Exist,but is he the great administrator?Or just some wonky legend?He may Not exist! He is the great dAZ, the nessie of UM!!!Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recent reports place dAz somewhere in Idaho. These reports are sketchy at best, and we can only wonder what he's doing up there. I can only offer this alleged photo of dAz himself. Whether this is actually dAz, and what exactly he's doing in this photo, we can only draw our own conclusions.

user posted image

Snuffy's seemes to be crystal clear! He likes to snowbaord!!

Snuffy, I will have to take the position of sceptic here. How do we know that that is dAz? That could be some random google search pic for all I know.

:lol:

He's real............REAL I tell you ! I have witnessed the dazzy phenomenon first hand.........TWICE :o . Snuffy? I don't know who gave you that picture but it''s not daz, tis actually me :P .

Now then who's gonna bribe me the most to see the evidence? huh? huh?

I too, on numerous occasions, have met the dAz in person, been in his house in fact. Beeen to his work too :P

I have photos....

MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Now then who's gonna bribe me the most to see the evidence? huh? huh?

:o! For profit? Oh Thistle! Is your name now Sylvia Brown?

I have photos....

MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Snowy, You must provide your sources.

I heard just today that you can summon him if you stand in front of a mirror in a darkened room and say aloud 3 times "I don't believe in dAz". It's supposed to work real well if you have a fine single malt scotch whisky. My friend has a friend who said this worked for her. Dunno though

No you have your myths mixed up, thats the bell witch. :P

Like in all legends of mythical creatures, there may be some truth to the claimed existence of Daz.

When I first joined UM as a young and naive soul, I too believed that Daz was real without question. I admired the fact that, though he held such a high position in the hierarchy of the forum, he seldom, if ever, interfered with the natural progression of any thread. I began to envision him sitting on a golden throne before his computer, silently and patiently watching over all the members of UM.

In time, I began to use his inspiration to help me deal with difficulties that arose in my life. I would look the problem over, then ask myself, "Now, what would Daz do in this situation?"

But then came the sudden realization that Daz was not infallible. In fact, I found out that Daz could screw up big time! The biggest disillusionment came when I discovered that Daz had been responsible for deleting half the forum. I never fully recovered from that.

I began to notice that, as DOT posted above, Daz was being blamed for anything that went wrong here. Rumors began circulating that the letters in his moniker stood for 'deranged administrating zealot' or 'drunken-@ss zombie.'

So, what is the truth about this mysterious figure? Is he a wise and Nobel watcher, or is he the bumbling character that many claim? Or, is he simply an UM urban legend, a fictitious 'fall guy' created by the higher ups to take the blame when something goes awry? Let's look at the facts:

1. People who say they have seen and spoken to him have never presented photographic evidence to back up their claims.

2. The photographic evidence that has been presented is believed to be a hoax.

3. If Daz is real, then why has he never come forward to say so, or posted a pic of himself to prove his own existence?

4. The rare posts that have been made by "Daz" are so lacking in content that it is impossible to compare them with the writing style of admin and members alike (lending weight to the claim that Daz is a creation of someone's imagination).

My conclusion is this; until Daz lands his flying saucer on the White House lawn, or pokes his head out of the waters of Loch Ness to say "Hi," he will remain as just another unexplained mystery.

:P

• Like 1

:lol:

So still no conclusion on whether he is a man or a myth.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons

I always wondered who the hell DAZ was. I've here for a while and still haven't figured it out.

International Man Of Mystery, eh? I myself, often wondered who this 'dAz' person is and why he's so mysterious! He seems to elude all who wonder about or question his existence . . . a total mystery.

It seems we have a case in our hands...

Who are we gonna call?

Myth Busters!!

user posted image

They will make quick work of this myth!

Back in the old days, right around naught 1* there where many sightings, but the reported appearances of this beast, are becoming few and far between. I have a theory...

dAZ is or was more than one person. Perhaps even it is possible, that a whole herd of dAZ once roamed the forum of UM. I myself have had contact with this phenomena but never at a close range.

And allthough it is true, that things can go wrong when the dAZ and a fine bottle of Scotch Whiskey are mixed, there is absolutely no solid evidence that proves dAZ actually did, do it.

*Naught 1 = 01 as in 2001.

No worries I had a couple of beer's with him not to long ago......... hmmm he was suppose to call when he got home now I'm worried sick. AHHHHHH where the heck is he. haha

daz? fact or fiction ? stay tuned.

Yes I believe it was like some genetic experiment that went wrong.

Perhaps somebody wanted to create an army of dAZ clones, allthough why any body would want to do that is beyond me.

Pffft... :rolleyes:

Everyone knows that dAz is only let out of his cage on the third tuesday following the blue moon. At that point he crawls onto Sarumans desk to help moderate the website while Saruman goes to get a nice batch of chips.

I happened to have been able to come across a picture of dAz as he is being let out of his cage by Saruman. He doesn't know I have this picture so please don't tell him I posted it:

user posted image

The dAz IS real....

There is only ONE dAz....

I know where he lives.... he is MINE!!!! :D

Well he was here yesterday at 3:51 PM ET.

And here is what he posted on Jan 2 2006, 01:08 PM ET

:devil:

*creeps back into the shadows......*

And his avatar..... user posted image

Did what? :unsure2:

Broke the forum?

Ahhh so DAz is behind my "crashes" during posting... Maybe he disliked what I'd said and put the kabosh on it ever entering onto the site...

Seriously though he's hiding in my kitchen cupboard; ready to help next Wash Day :rofl:

[attachmentid=22337]

post-25857-1136728699_thumb.jpg