Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man jumps into tiger den at Bronx Zoo,

Still Waters

A man jumped out of the Bronx Zoo's monorail into the tiger exhibit Friday afternoon, where he was badly mauled by one of the big cats before zoo employees rescued him using fire extinguishers, zoo officials said.

The man, believed to be around 25, severely injured his leg and foot in the attack, which happened just before 3:30 p.m., sources tell NBC 4 New York. He also has deep cuts to the back.

Once the tiger backed away, the man was instructed to roll under a hot wire to safety, said Bronx Zoo Director Jim Breheny in a statement. The keepers then called the tiger into its exhibit holding area and secured him there, Breheny said.

http://usnews.nbcnew...dly-mauled?lite

But.. why did he jump in there in the first place?

But.. why did he jump in there in the first place?

You've never had that urge???? A few weeks ago I took my grandies to the zoo and the rhino was sitting in the water doing nothing. I really really wanted to jump in there and go pet him...I was actually scoping out the escape root. Only one fence to climb to safety.....fortunately it was about that time I realized that mules cant climb....

• Like 4

He is lucky he isnt dead.

What a stupid thing to do... this dude is off to the psych ward for further evaluations no doubt.

As beautiful and huggable a tiger may appear to be one never forgets this is an apex predator and the mightiest big cat alive today.

Must of had a death wish. Then had second thoughts after he was being mauled.

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 1

The tigers there just had cubs I believe .It's a big attraction right now . Makes me wonder what motivated him ....

As long as they don't hurt the tiger .It wasn't the tigers fault .

What an idiot. Ruined it for zoo owners. They will probably have to put in a lot of preventions to stop this happening again.

On the news they said he wanted to be one with the tiger. He almost was, in the tigers belly. I am glad the tiger is ok. There is no way to idiot proof everything.

The tigers there just had cubs I believe .It's a big attraction right now . Makes me wonder what motivated him ....

As long as they don't hurt the tiger .It wasn't the tigers fault .

I heard the mother tiger had three cubs. This man clearly defined stupidity at it's best.

He's on the level of moron's who think it's okay to own a wild animal as a pet and who think Taco Bell is Mexican food.

Indeed, Dorito flavored Tacos???

People sure are doing some idiotic things these days. It almost makes you think there actually is a evil spirit/scientist that is getting into people's heads saying, "Go on and do it, it's fun!"

Indeed, Dorito flavored Tacos???

People sure are doing some idiotic things these days. It almost makes you think there actually is a evil spirit/scientist that is getting into people's heads saying, "Go on and do it, it's fun!"

Hey I like those Dorito tacos, but they better not kill that tiger because of some dumbass thinking its okay to approach a wild animal

• Like 1