Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Family who chose prayer over medicine

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#16    Arbenol

Arbenol

Poltergeist

• 2,145 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 23 April 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

Gese people... As misguided as their actions are, they are not monsters. They didn't want to have their children die, they just bought into the bull****. I could not throw them into jail or shoot them.... But takeing their other kids away from them seems prudent.

All fair comments.......except one.

They absolutely should be in jail. Stupidity is no defence. They failed to provide the necessities of life to someone who relies on them totally for their wellbeing. And they did it twice. That goes a bit beyond 'misguided'.

#17    notforgotten

notforgotten

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

• One day I saw my doppelganger and someone in heaven revealed to me that I had been cloned by aliens.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:19 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 23 April 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

In todays times its baffling how some people still believe that "god" will save their child, he never did it in the past and I can`t see why he would do it now....actually I do see why, because here is the proof of his non existence, but I can hear the God worshippers saying it now "but its his way and it was meant to be".Posted Image
I believe that Jesus had cured me of hepatitis C. I had symptoms and the test came back positive. I prayed and low and behold I was cured. Glory be to my Healer Jesus Christ.

#18    Amalthe

Amalthe

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

Death of a child is a tragedy, and i feel sorry for the family loss. Maybe they should start praying to not have kids in the first place? To put all hope in prayer for a God miracle, it seems to me like a sort of exortion. I wonder will they remain to be religious after burying their second child.

#19    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 9,814 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

View Postnotforgotten, on 24 April 2013 - 06:19 AM, said:

I believe that Jesus had cured me of hepatitis C. I had symptoms and the test came back positive. I prayed and low and behold I was cured. Glory be to my Healer Jesus Christ.
You are seriously underestimating your own abilities. But if you want to believe it was Jesus, then so be it, personally I think your own inner resilience and self determination is the answer, but like many others out there, they do not.
You will not be able to rely on Jesus all the time, one day you may need to stand up and take the reins, I do hope you do not have to and do not forget how to do it. Its an instinct many are losing and many have lost and IMO its nothing to do with Jesus, its to do with being human and understanding what nature gave us.
Sometimes we have to realize that medicines are the answer if we can not fight it alone and I believe the world of medicine has a far greater power than Jesus at this stage.

Wish you well and peace.

#20    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 9,814 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostAmalthe, on 24 April 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

Death of a child is a tragedy, and i feel sorry for the family loss. Maybe they should start praying to not have kids in the first place? To put all hope in prayer for a God miracle, it seems to me like a sort of exortion. I wonder will they remain to be religious after burying their second child.
Africa...enough said!

#21    Amalthe

Amalthe

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 24 April 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

Africa...enough said!
I don't think i follow what a word "Africa" has to do with my post. Maybe you were adressing to the fact that many children die there and God does nothing to prevent it, or people don't pray enough to stop having children? But to assume that if innocent children die despite prayers, that means there is no loving a caring God is logical fallacy.

#22    Midyin

Midyin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

Sometimes I see stories like this, the OJ Simpson case, or the jureys botching of the Casey Anthony case and I think to myself.... "When did AMERICANS become so cowardly, lazy, and complaisant?... Our forefathers would strung these people up for this crap.."

What ever happened to Angery Mob justice?

#23    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 9,814 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

View PostAmalthe, on 24 April 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

I don't think i follow what a word "Africa" has to do with my post. Maybe you were adressing to the fact that many children die there and God does nothing to prevent it, or people don't pray enough to stop having children? But to assume that if innocent children die despite prayers, that means there is no loving a caring God is logical fallacy.
Yes and the bit about : ". Maybe they should start praying to not have kids in the first place?" many do put all hope in god, but this is really another thread as this subject could  go on for many pages......just like it has gone on for many years.

#24    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

View Postnotforgotten, on 24 April 2013 - 06:19 AM, said:

While you were praying to Jesus did you stop your treatment?  How do you know you are cured?  Did you have it re-checked and received the all clear?

My point is when someone I know is sick I pray for their healing and at the same time I pray that the people treating them are guided to help them.  You can have your prayers answered by praying for the steady hand of a surgeon or the help of God's angels in guiding the medical profession.  Doctors and nurses, if you are a believer, are part of God's creation also, or the result of it as it stands today.  Pray for a good Doctor folks.

As a final note, every ambulance and fire engine that passes me on the road receives a prayer from me for the patient in the ambulance to be healed and the paramedics and firemen to be safe and blessed in their work.  Just saying ;) .

Edited by libstaK, 24 April 2013 - 12:08 PM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#25    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

They should be allowed to choose prayer instead of medicine for themselves. And hey, placebo even works sometimes. But they don´t have the right to make that murderous decision for their toddler. Prison for murder.

Edited by Zaphod222, 24 April 2013 - 12:09 PM.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#26    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 9,814 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 24 April 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

They should be allowed to choose prayer instead of medicine for themselves. And hey, placebo even works sometimes. But they don´t have the right to make that murderous decision for their toddler. Prison for murder.
They did not set out to commit murder.

#27    Midyin

Midyin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 24 April 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

They should be allowed to choose prayer instead of medicine for themselves. And hey, placebo even works sometimes. But they donīt have the right to make that murderous decision for their toddler. Prison for murder.

They may be able to get charged with "Man Slaughter"(accidental killing), but as there's no way to prove weather or not they had malice intent they can't be charged with "murder"(deliberate Killing) without storing up a whirlwind of controversy over religious rights and freedoms.
The courts may be able to toss on "Criminal neglect" and "endangerment of a minor" to puff the sentencing up a little more though...

In my Personal Opinion, it was murder. The same thing happen to their last child, so either these to are both suffering from some form of Learning Disability, or they knew what the outcome would be...

How many times do you have to drop a brick on your toe before you realize it hurts? A fully functional human brain figures it out after the first try. Even children understand "cause and effect" enough to learn from it...
That says to me that they are either Saddest, or mentally incompetent...

Edited by Midyin, 24 April 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#28    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

There is an old joke that pertains to this story of the man on his rooftop praying for salvation from the flood raging abound him.  A boat comes up, and they holler to him to climb in, but he says he has faith in God to save him and doesn't need the boat.  A little later as the flood gets even worse another boat comes, and the same thing happens.  Even as the waves are overtopping the man's house, he still prays, and another boat just barely is able to get there, but he again waves them off saying he has faith in his prayers.

The flood comes and washes him away, and he drowns.  When he gets to heaven, he asks the Lord why he abandoned him to the flood in spite of all his fervent and faithful praying.  The Lord answers, "What do you expect, I sent you three boats."

#29    Midyin

Midyin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 24 April 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

There is an old joke that pertains to this story of the man on his rooftop praying for salvation from the flood raging abound him.  A boat comes up, and they holler to him to climb in, but he says he has faith in God to save him and doesn't need the boat.  A little later as the flood gets even worse another boat comes, and the same thing happens.  Even as the waves are overtopping the man's house, he still prays, and another boat just barely is able to get there, but he again waves them off saying he has faith in his prayers.

The flood comes and washes him away, and he drowns.  When he gets to heaven, he asks the Lord why he abandoned him to the flood in spite of all his fervent and faithful praying.  The Lord answers, "What do you expect, I sent you three boats."
I'll have to remember that one... LOL!

#30    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostMidyin, on 24 April 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

They may be able to get charged with "Man Slaughter"(accidental killing), but as there's no way to prove weather or not they had malice intent they can't be charged with "murder"(deliberate Killing) without storing up a whirlwind of controversy over religious rights and freedoms.
The courts may be able to toss on "Criminal neglect" and "endangerment of a minor" to puff the sentencing up a little more though...

In my Personal Opinion, it was murder. The same thing happen to their last child, so either these to are both suffering from some form of Learning Disability, or they knew what the outcome would be...

How many times do you have to drop a brick on your toe before you realize it hurts? A fully functional human brain figures it out after the first try. Even children understand "cause and effect" enough to learn from it...
That says to me that they are either Saddest, or mentally incompetent...
I think in their world view, they may believe the second time around they were "clearly being tested" by God and probably prayed even more fervently than the first time around.  It is a state of delusion and fascination with the manifestion of God's power in one's own life, these people are tragically mistaken in their understanding of the tenets of faith. Jesus Christ himself was tempted by the devil to show his faith in God by jumping from a high tower, Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'" Matthew 4.7.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users