Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

thinking about buying a ouiji board

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#91    voiceofreason

voiceofreason

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 151 posts

• The proof is out there.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

View Postvoiceofreason, on 21 March 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

Because it's a trick, like most of the spiritualism stuff. Although you do make a good point that there is no proof that the spirit watched you highlight the sentence. So, try this, once a "spirit " has been contacted, explain that you are going to highlight a sentence in a book. Then do it so only the participants cannot see the highlighted sentence. Then place the book, open at the highlighted page, in a position that cannot be seen by the human participants, but can be seen by anyone or anything else in the room. Then ask for the sentence to be spelled out. Again, the sentence is never spelled out. However, if you leave the room, the sentence is "mysteriously" repeated by the spirit.

With regard to the finger, ask a skeptic along to your next sitting and ask them to contact a spirit and make the glass move. It doesn't. Because? there is no spirit, and therefore no finger.

Edited by voiceofreason, 21 March 2013 - 12:41 PM.

#92    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,732 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

You know... If I was a ghost or spirit.. I would really resent being asked to do silly parlour tricks... I mean... I come back all the way back from heaven (I hope) or get a temporary leave of absence from the 'other place' - to once again communicate with my family/friends loved ones (or creditors) - and they want me answer a bunch of stupid questions... With my warped sense of humor there is no telling what I would 'say' on one of those silly boards...

#93    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

View Postvoiceofreason, on 21 March 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

Because it's a trick, like most of the spiritualism stuff. Although you do make a good point that there is no proof that the spirit watched you highlight the sentence. So, try this, once a "spirit " has been contacted, explain that you are going to highlight a sentence in a book. Then do it so only the participants cannot see the highlighted sentence. Then place the book, open at the highlighted page, in a position that cannot be seen by the human participants, but can be seen by anyone or anything else in the room. Then ask for the sentence to be spelled out. Again, the sentence is never spelled out. However, if you leave the room, the sentence is "mysteriously" repeated by the spirit.
Okay. But I won't do it. Why don't you do the experiment instead. You need 100% cooperation from the spirit, you need to ask if it saw the sentence and you need to ask that it will not lie when answering.

View Postvoiceofreason, on 21 March 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

With regard to the finger, ask a skeptic along to your next sitting and ask them to contact a spirit and make the glass move. It doesn't. Because? there is no spirit, and therefore no finger.
Your point is? A skeptic cannot make the glass moves and a believer can make it moves? There is no difference between a skeptic's and a believer's subconcious (if you think it's about subconscious). None. We're all humans, everyone has a subconsious.

#94    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

• The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

Will still talking about the ouija board game from parker brothers?  Guys, the whole thing is for fun, divination boards/crystals are the staple of old gypsy sheisters.  Trust me, I am of middle eastern/mediterranian dissent, I have great aunts that "fortune tell" really well, it's all a load of BS.  (Well it does require some good intuitive skills to read people and make believable guesses.)

Ouija boards are for entertainment purposes, if teens and preteens were constantly being eaten or possessed by other dimensional beings, I'm sure they would have been pulled off toys-r-us shelves or atleast make the "top 10 dangerous x-mas gifts" list by now.

Sheesh...

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

#95    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Here is something for you quija board believers... Try in blindfolded.

What??!! All of a sudden the ghosts cant spell!!??

That should tell you something.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#96    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• 1,395 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

View PostDBunker, on 21 March 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

Here is something for you quija board believers... Try in blindfolded.

What??!! All of a sudden the ghosts cant spell!!??

That should tell you something.
Turn off your screen. What??!! No more post/thread is made!!??

#97    nosaviour88

nosaviour88

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

It is a bad idea. Its like opening your door and letting anyone walk in. You might not be scared of a demon attack and all that but as someone who has been through all of it you may want to be careful. At 18 I was being stalked by demons and shadowpeople. Both of whom wanted me dead. They would walk out in the middle of the road and jump at my car. My brakes would stop working etc. I had evps of demonic voices telling me I was going to die etc. Leave it alone. If you want to prove to yourself that this is real there are much safer ways to do so. Preferably with a group and experianced people who know what to do when a situation goes bad.... Good luck and please be careful no matter what you decide to do

#98    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,538 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

View Postnosaviour88, on 24 March 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

. If you want to prove to yourself that this is real there are much safer ways to do so.

Here we go again.......

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#99    voiceofreason

voiceofreason

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 151 posts

• The proof is out there.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostFlyingAngel, on 21 March 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

Okay. But I won't do it. Why don't you do the experiment instead. You need 100% cooperation from the spirit, you need to ask if it saw the sentence and you need to ask that it will not lie when answering.

Your point is? A skeptic cannot make the glass moves and a believer can make it moves? There is no difference between a skeptic's and a believer's subconcious (if you think it's about subconscious). None. We're all humans, everyone has a subconsious.
My point is, it's just a game and no more likely to be a conduit for spirits than monopoly.

#100    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,553 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

IF ghosts/demons are real and can communicate with people, they won't need a mass produced cardboard game board and plastic triangle to do it.

Embrace the impossible.

#101    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

View PostPurplos, on 25 March 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

IF ghosts/demons are real and can communicate with people, they won't need a mass produced cardboard game board and plastic triangle to do it.

They don't need it, I said that a few pages back.

I experienced plenty of ghost/demonic activity in my life that had nothing to do with ouija boards :tu: however, ouija boards have developed the reputation for what they supposedly do and with that comes energy.You don't sit down to play Monopoly inviting spirits and the key is really wanting and believing to come into contact. Oh I know the skeptic line is about to come out but there's far more to the human being and aura than science can fully explain right now. Your belief and will is very powerful. You don't get far on google if you don't know what you're looking for. Your mind holds the key to your aura and all kinds of things on different planes of existence to the physical that we don't fully understand... if you don't yet have the keys, you won't be opening those doors.

Just my take on it.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#102    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

• The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

You were right... the skeptics have to come out. When you said this - "the key is really wanting and believing to come into contact."  It's statements like those that seperate "believers" and skeptics.

I'm not arguing, the human mind is extremely powerful and complex, and if you "convince" your brain that something "is" that in all likelyhood for you, it is reality.  But that doesn't make it "real" to the world at large so to speak.

So of course, if you buy a magic board fully believing it will contact spirits, likely it will, in your mind.  But as someone else said, try it blindfolded with a camera on you and your partner and see how well the spirits do.

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

#103    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

View PostCakeOrDeath, on 25 March 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

You were right... the skeptics have to come out. When you said this - "the key is really wanting and believing to come into contact."  It's statements like those that seperate "believers" and skeptics.

I'm not arguing, the human mind is extremely powerful and complex, and if you "convince" your brain that something "is" that in all likelyhood for you, it is reality.  But that doesn't make it "real" to the world at large so to speak.

So of course, if you buy a magic board fully believing it will contact spirits, likely it will, in your mind.  But as someone else said, try it blindfolded with a camera on you and your partner and see how well the spirits do.

I'm saying unless you send out the right invitation (your belief, will, whatever you want to call it) then your message is never going to get to the right address - or even out of the post box.

By all means, you can investigate the unknown without the aid of a ouija board nor the belief in anything other worldly. Plenty of supposed haunted locations out there, meaning spirit is already around - get busy! Be rational, be safe and good luck in your quest :tu:

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#104    OrdinaryClay

OrdinaryClay

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:14 AM

View PostSakari, on 20 March 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

Wrong.......Wrong....Wrong....Wrong......

Proof?........Right here... http://www.unexplain...pic=181521&st=0
You don't understand what proof is.

Fist, while "your" thread may make you proud, it is hugely repetitive. Second, it is as much proof that demonic entities have free will and can choose not to be summoned as it is that demons don't exist. We are not the puppet masters. Humans are the deceived in the game of demonic peek-a-boo.

#105    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 1,560 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

As i have said before,those who go seeking things may get a manifestation that what they believe or seek is true the brain is no doubt a powerful thing.Those who do not seek yet see have seen the truth,no matter if they want to believe it or not.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users