Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Check your TESCO food stuffs! Ice cream

Simbi Laveau

Painkillers Found in Supermarket Ice Cream Cones

December 31, 2013 at 10:33AM by Zoe Bain | 10 Comment

Spiked ice cream can be fun treat for responsible adults, but one thing you don't want in your dessert is an unannounced dose of painkillers. According to The Telegraph, UK supermarket Tesco had to recall its own brand of Chocolate and Nut Ice Cream Cones after it was discovered that cones sold at two locations contained pain relief pills. Police are currently investigating the incidents, but detective superintendent Dai Malyn stated that his, "gut instinct is that it was a deliberate contamination." So far the culprit hasn't been found and the police haven't made any arrests

http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-reviews/painkillers-found-ice-cream

Edited by Simbi Laveau

I saw this earlier. Seemingly two cones affected.

A Tesco spokeswoman said: "As a precautionary measure, we issued a product recall on Tesco Chocolate and Nut Ice Cream Cones in November, after two individual cones were found to contain tablets.

http://www.telegraph...ce-suggest.html

• Like 1

I hope that's all they find

So do I! I buy Tesco ice cream :unsure2: but not their cones...thankfully.

I heard/read a lot of stories about stuff in food from TESCO. How do the employees let these slip? If I visit the store I'm afraid of finding something in my food.