Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egypt Military Commit a Massacre

Knight Of Shadows

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2358126/Egypt-unrest-40-pro-Morsi-protesters-killed-300-injured-trying-storm-military-HQ.html

well let's see what people think of this

and the official claim of the egypt army that these people were " terrorist group "

and that brings out a delightful memory based on my experince

it looks to me the egyptian army is following a very dangerous path

or it will be ok to do that " because protestors were muslims " ?

i can personally say i don't buy the offical story

specially the fact there is children among the killed

i been hearing and witnessing disgracefull comments on news

lines of support and joy after the military killed these people

and this in my opinion a sign of civil war on the way

am not fan or supporter of morsi

but in his single year of rule

he didn't stop people from protesting

and allowed them to speak freely

didn't shut down media and other means of speech

and no such incident happened

now after only week or saw of opposition and army rule

death toll started rising .. and some channels are being shutdown

the exact same channels that covered the original revolution

and people working in those channels arrested

if that's what the " Tamrod " and other opposition groups are bringin

i can honestly say good luck for egyptian who's standing against them

egypt going on dangerous path and if the people allow the military to behave this way

then no good can come out of this that i know very well

let's see if egyptians " opposition " will condone those actions

based on that we will be able to know " who is right and who is wrong "

personally i didn't makeup my mind about egypt yet

but after this am leaning against those new groups such as " Tamrod "

i haven't yet heard from them a word of condemnation against what happened

only stupid excuses and even worst some delight and joy comments on news texts

encouraging the army leader after what he did to these victims

and i find that sick litarly

Not sure about this one, I dont see any women or children in this. Also there reports of the protesters shooting

the children i could see on live feed in aljazeera channel previously

otherwise if i didn't see it i won't say it

the media has been extermely baised " western media " on covering the events

the military is taken over the rule in iron fist

http://www.dailymail...ilitary-HQ.html

well let's see what people think of this

and the official claim of the egypt army that these people were " terrorist group "

Yes, they are Muslim Brothers and affiliated groups like Al Quaeda. The people that Nasser put in prison, and Obama helped to take power recently.

and that brings out a delightful memory based on my experince

it looks to me the egyptian army is following a very dangerous path

or it will be ok to do that " because protestors were muslims " ?

No, because they are islamist extremists of the worse kind. Who do you sympathise with --- them, or the secular Egyptians?

Yes, they are Muslim Brothers and affiliated groups like Al Quaeda. The people that Nasser put in prison, and Obama helped to take power recently.

No, because they are islamist extremists of the worse kind. Who do you sympathise with --- them, or the secular Egyptians?

what's there in this post worth replying to ?

i would sympthise with everyone suffered injustice

i supported egypt people in their revolution , and in their second revolution

but there is no way i would support killing people who were just protesting

that would be the total absenth of morals

what's there in this post worth replying to ?

i would sympthise with everyone suffered injustice

i supported egypt people in their revolution , and in their second revolution

but there is no way i would support killing people who were just protesting

that would be the total absenth of morals

The Muslim Brotherhood and Al Quaeda are not going to go away peacefully. Everybody knows that. The Assad clan in Syria has been battling these crazies for decades. In Qatar they have just been banned. If you sympathise with the likes of Hamas, Al Quaeda, and Islamic Jihad, that is your problem.

-------

"It is the nature of Islam to dominate, not to be dominated, to impose its law on all nations and to extend its power to the entire planet." (Hassan al-Banna, founder of the Muslim Brotherhood)

Edited by Zaphod222

Terrorists dead on gone.....That is a great thing. Who knows how many lives they just saved, good for them.

People have been shot and killed by their own military and all you guys can say "They're Muslims, must've deserved it".

• Like 1

People have been shot and killed by their own military and all you guys can say "They're Muslims, must've deserved it".

Who said that?

I said terrorists.....Unless you consider Muslims terrorists.

• Like 1

In your mind "Al Quaeda" = "muslim"?

That is a pretty extreme simplification.

• Like 1

The civil war is probably a foregone conclusion at this point. The MB isn't going anywhere quietly. An insurgency is relatively easy to sustain. The more often the military goes heavy handed against them the more likely the insurgency will build. Bad situation but I think Egypt is not so tinder dry as Syria was. They have a window of time left, maybe, to find some kind of accommodation between the civilian groups - secular and Islamic.

that is a possiability and then

but unfortunatly i don't see some one rational enough stepping up to reach middle ground between both teams

the military took extreme stand and if they go on like this an armed struggle will start

military who compassion with islamic group will defect and it will be mess

because unfortunatly my friend people are looking in eyesight of racisim these days

they don't see human beings anymore .. they see christians , muslims , etc etc

and i think that's clear in some comments by some people as you can see

• Like 2

am not fan or supporter of morsi

but in his single year of rule

he didn't stop people from protesting

and allowed them to speak freely

didn't shut down media and other means of speech

and no such incident happened

now after only week or saw of opposition and army rule

death toll started rising .. and some channels are being shutdown

the exact same channels that covered the original revolution

and people working in those channels arrested

Seriously Knight, I must question your sources of information. There are records of the exact opposite of these flattering claims (in bold)

- One of Mursi's first actions was to have MB members or loyalists replace the editers-in-chief "of each of the fifty state-owned publications, which include the most-widely distributed newspaper in Egypt, Al-Ahram, as well as several other widely-read ones, including Al-Akhbar, Al-Akhbar Al-Youm, and Al-Gomhoreya"

-Two private newspapers were shut down, the printed Egypt independent met the same fate in April 2013

-"

censorship has taken the form of harassment and criminal charges. The archaic crime of "insulting the President" was most famously used by Mubarak in 2007 against four of the most popular opposition newspaper editors. Unfortunately, it is a crime that is being utilised with great vigour under President Morsi. In October, Tawfik Okasha, an outspoken talk show host and long-time opposition figure was sentenced to four months jail time for this crime. The proceedings against him showed the extent to which freedom of speech would be violated in order to protect the presidency from criticism; it was claimed: "Morsi is the President of all Egyptians and insulting him is like insulting the whole nation." Islam Afifi, editor-in-chief of independent newspaper Al-Dostor, also faced charges of the same crime. On Tuesday 11 December, in conjunction with massive protests nationwide opposing the constitution, a variety of newspapers refused to print their daily editions, in protest against the continuous violations of their freedoms of speech and expression." Do you remeber the recent case of Bassem Youssef 'Egypt's Jon Stewart'?

-As for TV channels: "In November, the privately-owned Dream television channels, which had several anti-Islamist shows, were shut down for a week due to unclear licensing problems. More recently, popular and widely-watched nighttime TV presenter Amr Adeeb was forced to take a break from his show, following a particularly critical program in which he called Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood “failures.” Starting in December, the frequency and level of government interference with the media and its figures has increased. Another well-known host, Mahmoud Saad, was questioned by police for three hours for the now oft-used charge of "insulting the President" while presenting his program. Khairy Ramadan, presenter of popular show "Momken," announced his resignation on air for not being allowed to interview that night’s guest, the Nasserist former presidential candidate Hamdeen Sabbahi. It later became apparent that government interference forced the television channel’s administration to deny Sabbahi the chance to appear on air."

In one of his last speeches, Mursi threatened the owners of such channels as CTV, Dream, ONTV...steps were being prepared for their closure.

- The Media Production City was besieged for a long period by "Hazemoun" (the same group that also besieged the Supreme Constitutional court) " been camped outside the Media Production City, home of the largest independent television studios, in attempts to strike fear in the hearts of presenters inside and in the visiting guests outside. The hard-line Islamist leader of the sit-in, Hazem Salah Abu Ismail, had no problems pointing out exactly what drove his demonstrations; on his Facebook page, he claimed: “the media has become biased against Islamists.” It is a simple but striking sentiment, because it shows that any form of criticism-- insulting, degrading, or otherwise-- is not acceptable. Several members of staff have reportedly been assaulted, while searches of employees are being conducted by the group." http://www.jadaliyya...d-media-freedom

Al Jazeera was closed mainly because of the video they broadcast of Mursi giving an inflammatory speech which was recorded before his house arrest. They have been too biased also in all of their coverage. The Islamic channels had been continuously broadcasting what can not be qualified as anything but hate speech. Their closure was a precaution for their incitment of violence against the army, Mursi's opponents, Christians, and even Shiites. Such hate speech led to the murder of 4 Shiites recently.

Though I am happily surprised with your sudden interest in the events in Egypt, I urge you to research your claims more rigorously, or at least try to be a tad more objective.

edited : patchy font!

Edited by meryt-tetisheri

the children i could see on live feed in aljazeera channel previously

otherwise if i didn't see it i won't say it

the media has been extermely baised " western media " on covering the events

the military is taken over the rule in iron fist

You saw the dead children in picture stills or filmed in live video coverage? A picture circulating MB sites of two children was taken in Syria actually. You can google it. It is a crime to kill children anywhere, but to use their image for false political propaganda insults their memory. If it is the picture I have in mind, I cannot link it, it's too graphic. If not kindly pm me the link . Assuming it is correct (and I dont believe that) why would people take their children to demonstrate infront of army barracks despite repeated army warnings not to approach its bases, and when they themselves went with batons, helmets, make shift shields, shot guns, guns and grenades? Their chants for martyrdom mean that at least they expected trouble, or they planned for it, yet they take their children there? WHY?

As for the army's position, remember that they tried to avoid this situation by using their ultimatum to ALL parties, the MB refused thus forcing the hand of the army. Do you have any other options, other steps they could have taken in such circumstances? I condemn the killing of 52, but the army barracks were being attacked with fire arms. Blame the leaders of the MB, they are masters of deception.

because unfortunatly my friend people are looking in eyesight of racisim these days

they don't see human beings anymore .. they see christians , muslims , etc etc

and i think that's clear in some comments by some people as you can see

exactly... social engineering... Collectivism.... see it a lot on these boards and in real life... especially from the religious folk and self professed atheists

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 2

Who said that?

I said terrorists.....Unless you consider Muslims terrorists.

Zaphod called them "Islamic extremists" based on what he wants to believe, which is what you believe, which is one side's take on two conflicting reports. Turkish foreign minister Ahmet Davutoglu described this as a massacre. These were demonstrators as far as we know. What evidence do you have to say they're "terrorists"? Suddenly everyone in Egypt who supports the MB is a terrorist? Really?

This reaction from you and others like Zaphod really is ridiculous. People in the street, even if they are sympathetic to the Muslim Brotherhood, suddenly deserve to be shot in cold blood because they're "Al Qaeda"? And this from the guy who can't figure out why it's a good idea to stop extorting American money to pay sweetheart Morsi's MB? He thinks that bloodshed in the streets is a great idea, but can't understand the concept of not financing who he considers terrorists? That's some grade-A two-faced political opinion right there.

• Like 1

Zaphod called them "Islamic extremists" based on what he wants to believe, which is what you believe, which is one side's take on two conflicting reports. Turkish foreign minister Ahmet Davutoglu described this as a massacre. These were demonstrators as far as we know. What evidence do you have to say they're "terrorists"? Suddenly everyone in Egypt who supports the MB is a terrorist? Really?

This reaction from you and others like Zaphod really is ridiculous. People in the street, even if they are sympathetic to the Muslim Brotherhood, suddenly deserve to be shot in cold blood because they're "Al Qaeda"? And this from the guy who can't figure out why it's a good idea to stop extorting American money to pay sweetheart Morsi's MB? He thinks that bloodshed in the streets is a great idea, but can't understand the concept of not financing who he considers terrorists? That's some grade-A two-faced political opinion right there.

There are also reports from witnesses that some of the protesters were shooting and throwing molotovs. Who can say who is telling the truth?

There are also reports from witnesses that some of the protesters were shooting and throwing molotovs. Who can say who is telling the truth?

Exactly. So therefore we don't jump to conclusions that they're "Al Qaeda terrorists", nor do we like the posts of other people who say they are. :angry:

Seriously Knight, I must question your sources of information. There are records of the exact opposite of these flattering claims (in bold)

- One of Mursi's first actions was to have MB members or loyalists replace the editers-in-chief "of each of the fifty state-owned publications, which include the most-widely distributed newspaper in Egypt, Al-Ahram, as well as several other widely-read ones, including Al-Akhbar, Al-Akhbar Al-Youm, and Al-Gomhoreya"

-Two private newspapers were shut down, the printed Egypt independent met the same fate in April 2013

-"

censorship has taken the form of harassment and criminal charges. The archaic crime of "insulting the President" was most famously used by Mubarak in 2007 against four of the most popular opposition newspaper editors. Unfortunately, it is a crime that is being utilised with great vigour under President Morsi. In October, Tawfik Okasha, an outspoken talk show host and long-time opposition figure was sentenced to four months jail time for this crime. The proceedings against him showed the extent to which freedom of speech would be violated in order to protect the presidency from criticism; it was claimed: "Morsi is the President of all Egyptians and insulting him is like insulting the whole nation." Islam Afifi, editor-in-chief of independent newspaper Al-Dostor, also faced charges of the same crime. On Tuesday 11 December, in conjunction with massive protests nationwide opposing the constitution, a variety of newspapers refused to print their daily editions, in protest against the continuous violations of their freedoms of speech and expression." Do you remeber the recent case of Bassem Youssef 'Egypt's Jon Stewart'?

-As for TV channels: "In November, the privately-owned Dream television channels, which had several anti-Islamist shows, were shut down for a week due to unclear licensing problems. More recently, popular and widely-watched nighttime TV presenter Amr Adeeb was forced to take a break from his show, following a particularly critical program in which he called Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood “failures.” Starting in December, the frequency and level of government interference with the media and its figures has increased. Another well-known host, Mahmoud Saad, was questioned by police for three hours for the now oft-used charge of "insulting the President" while presenting his program. Khairy Ramadan, presenter of popular show "Momken," announced his resignation on air for not being allowed to interview that night’s guest, the Nasserist former presidential candidate Hamdeen Sabbahi. It later became apparent that government interference forced the television channel’s administration to deny Sabbahi the chance to appear on air."

In one of his last speeches, Mursi threatened the owners of such channels as CTV, Dream, ONTV...steps were being prepared for their closure.

- The Media Production City was besieged for a long period by "Hazemoun" (the same group that also besieged the Supreme Constitutional court) " been camped outside the Media Production City, home of the largest independent television studios, in attempts to strike fear in the hearts of presenters inside and in the visiting guests outside. The hard-line Islamist leader of the sit-in, Hazem Salah Abu Ismail, had no problems pointing out exactly what drove his demonstrations; on his Facebook page, he claimed: “the media has become biased against Islamists.” It is a simple but striking sentiment, because it shows that any form of criticism-- insulting, degrading, or otherwise-- is not acceptable. Several members of staff have reportedly been assaulted, while searches of employees are being conducted by the group." http://www.jadaliyya...d-media-freedom

Al Jazeera was closed mainly because of the video they broadcast of Mursi giving an inflammatory speech which was recorded before his house arrest. They have been too biased also in all of their coverage. The Islamic channels had been continuously broadcasting what can not be qualified as anything but hate speech. Their closure was a precaution for their incitment of violence against the army, Mursi's opponents, Christians, and even Shiites. Such hate speech led to the murder of 4 Shiites recently.

Though I am happily surprised with your sudden interest in the events in Egypt, I urge you to research your claims more rigorously, or at least try to be a tad more objective.

edited : patchy font!

how many times reporters were arrested while morsi in charge .. i reckon few times " for insulting president "

now answer me please ? how many time they were released by mohammad morsi orders ? every single time

i take my sources from the two famous arabic news channels " alarabya and aljazeera "

these two that egyptian people in first revolution raised their signmature and thanked them

you remember that ? now suddenly they're conspired against egypt ?

and offical and non-offical egypt channels who didn't exist back then now hold the truth ?

there was even confessions of the medics who were on site and how the military opened fire

there is also video of military rat on the roof shooting people

that's why i told you we can play videos and pictures games

but it's meaningless

and your basically admitting that those channels " who's counted with opposition " had anti-islamic shows

and you telling me on the other side .. it's not islamic - secular struggle ?

isn't that bit two different unmatched prospectives ?

morsi speech before his hour of arrest is inflammatory ??

and those channels of opposition who simply attacking muslims " 90% of country popluation "

are not inflammatory ?????? come on be real

different between us .. i see both sides .. you see only one

i don't want you to think i am with morsi .. or with islamic brotherhood : i don't like them

but when this spins into the same old pattern

secular-non-muslims banded together to force dictatorship and reek havoc in country oppressing muslims

that's what am against .. and that's what's going on in egypt

by the way .. have you missed the massive marches of support for morsi in other countries ?

why you think those people are out .. they are muslims for sure

because they know it's going to happen again dictator backed by secular to opress people

leading to armed resistance by the people " which i will support for sure "

You saw the dead children in picture stills or filmed in live video coverage? A picture circulating MB sites of two children was taken in Syria actually. You can google it. It is a crime to kill children anywhere, but to use their image for false political propaganda insults their memory. If it is the picture I have in mind, I cannot link it, it's too graphic. If not kindly pm me the link . Assuming it is correct (and I dont believe that) why would people take their children to demonstrate infront of army barracks despite repeated army warnings not to approach its bases, and when they themselves went with batons, helmets, make shift shields, shot guns, guns and grenades? Their chants for martyrdom mean that at least they expected trouble, or they planned for it, yet they take their children there? WHY?

As for the army's position, remember that they tried to avoid this situation by using their ultimatum to ALL parties, the MB refused thus forcing the hand of the army. Do you have any other options, other steps they could have taken in such circumstances? I condemn the killing of 52, but the army barracks were being attacked with fire arms. Blame the leaders of the MB, they are masters of deception.

i reckon because they didn't think the army would dig down so low and kill their own people

same reason we did that once and paid for it

i saw it on aljazeera mubasher but hey if you don't believe it we can scratch it out

it still won't be ok to kill 42 adults and claim they're terrorists

and tamarod claim muslims killed each other .. military say it was attacked

there is so much different claims from same side !

the military official story .. first .. it was attacked by terrorists and killed them

and then .. it said . some terrorist group attacked protestors and killed the

At this point I'm wondering when either or both sides will decide to use Israel as a scapegoat. It follows like day follows night. Maybe they will have better sense.... My guess is that the Psalm 83 war is forming. This war is when every neighbor that shares a border with Israel, confederate and attack - only to be soundly defeated - AGAIN... Assad and the rebels, the Egyptian factions and possibly even the army eventually will be looking for a way to shift the focus onto battling an external foe:

"Me against my brothers, me and my brothers against my cousins, me and my brother and my cousins against the world"