Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Dragons' photographed from plane over Tibet

UM-Bot

news icon rA photo of two peculiar dragon-shaped objects taken from a plane flying over Tibet’s Himalayas piqued many users’ interest when displayed on a Chinese website. The photographer is an amateur. On June 22, 2004, the photographer went to Tibet’s Amdo region to attend the Qinghai-to-Xizang Railroad laying ceremony, and then took a plane from Lhasa to fly back inland.

When flying over the Himalaya’s, he accidentally caught these two "dragons" in a picture that he took.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: The Epoch Times

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dragonlady_mothman

• Dando Kast

• Brother_werewolf

• aquatus1

I just illuminate it a little. And still cant se a dragon? All i see is a strange cloud.

post-21834-1123586460_thumb.jpg

Edited by cow666

Why not try ant go to the original artical and see the pics of it enlarged up.

From my view, If that is a dragon, it is wayyy to big, its crazy! Looks more like a Glacier - flowing in between the Mountains.. However, I always thought they do not appear in the Himalayas. Maybe it is a river?

I doubt it is a wierd looking cloud.. it seems like it is on the ground rather than in the air. And if it is on the ground, like I said, it is just too long for a Dragon.

“It really looks like the dragons in fables, and I really hope it is.”

this is exactly why people believe ridiculous things... because they want to... its very highly unlikely for there to be giant flying dragons in tibet, unless there were many sightings of these I'd have to doubt its authenticity... this is most likely fake.

While I do see the shapes they're talking about...they're just clouds huh.gif I don't see anything more amazing than that.

I too don't see any dragons but see shapes and clouds.

Dragons.....yeah right. But the symbolism to the chinese is so great I can see why the make a big deal...

hmm.gif You people just see clouds? I see dragons. Real or CGI, I don't know, but they're there.

tongue.gif Nah dude not even its just Falkor from "The Never Ending Story" lol grin2.gif

user posted image

You people just see clouds? I see dragons. Real or CGI, I don't know, but they're there.

I see shapes in the clouds that are reminiscent of dragons...but certainly not dragons themselves. Whatever they're shaped like, they're still quite obviously clouds tongue.gif

Wow. What a great photo. Not sure if its fake and it too small to make any true identification. But very, very cool.

it's also way too dark to tell where anything is....

Doesn't look real at all to me.

Well, it look like real Chinese dragon for me,but it can possibly fake, too.

Look at the low-left corner.

user posted image

You see?

user posted image

Now, pic of Chinese dragon for comparison.

user posted image

It's something on the ground, I'm fairly certain of that. I don't know what those structures could possibly be, tho. There isn't anything in the surrounding landscape that looks anything like them.

It's something on the ground, I'm fairly certain of that. I don't know what those structures could possibly be, tho. There isn't anything in the surrounding landscape that looks anything like them.

781435[/snapback]

We call those mountains tongue.gif ... what structures do you see?

Mountaints typically are not long, cylindrical, and serpentine. hmm.gif I will admit when I first saw the thumbnail, I didn't see them. At all. Then I saw a larger picture and...well, we can always hope, right?

Mountaints typically are not long, cylindrical, and serpentine.  hmm.gif I will admit when I first saw the thumbnail, I didn't see them.  At all.  Then I saw a larger picture and...well, we can always hope, right?

781447[/snapback]

hope is all we have...

Whatever it is, it isn't a mountain or a cloud. A really big snake, a dragon, someone's idea of a practical joke, maybe, but clouds are never that solid and no mountain is that...smooth.

Someone on the cryptozoology board pointed out that if this was true, it would be all over the news. Is it, yet? Or is it being ignored? What about in China?

It looks like something in the landscape, is all I'm saying. tongue.gif They may be scaly and serpentine looking, but they don't look like they're moving.

Okay, I'll buy that they're not moving. original.gif At least not moving quickly.

I do not claim to have any expertese in geology, but i know of no natural formation that would look like that. And an unnatural one, you'd think the pilot would say, "And on your right, you will see the Really Big Dragon Statues, carved last year as a practical joke to startle people flying overhead with cameras."

I still think it's just coincidence.... it's funny that the colours of the "dragon" are exactly the same that make up the surrounding landscape.... dark rocks and white snow....

Squid, chameleon, octopus, all number of critters change color to fit their surroundings. many are adapted to have that color, the arctic animals, for example, which are white in the winter and other colors in the summer.

if it coumes out that this is a hoax, I'll cry and lament over the extent people go to for attention, but I don't think it's something made of rock.