Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Shadow People

PuffDragon

I don't know how to begin this thread, I'm new here and don't want to step on toes or post in wrong forum. I would like to open a thread about shadow people.

I would like to relate several experiances to you, I wouldn't go as far as to call them sightings but you could call them just that.

When I was a kid I used to see them alot. From what I observed there are two distinct kinds, tall scary ones, and small little ones about 2 feet high.

In my experiance the small ones are always trying to help me get away from the tall ones. I had several vivid experiances with them when I was younger, seeing them in broad daylight poking out from behind a dresser, or when I'd go to sleep at night from the age of 6 to 12 I would see the little ones running around the house late at night, the weird part was I could hear their footsteps, like a small dog on hardwood floor the scampering sounds and the shear sight of them would drive me into a panic, I'd start screaming, and they would hide under cabnets and beds and stuff.

One night I had a dream where the little ones talked to me, they said that they were trying to help save me from the "bad men" or "bad ones". They took me inside a very small house, at first I was terrified but they urged me to keep quiet, as me and they "little" shadow people hid, a big one started looking through the windows and started trying to grab at me, but the little ones saved me.

The first time I saw a big "shadow person" was a few years after seeing the small ones. I was lying on my stomach in bed, I had bunkbeds and my head faced the door. I sensed someone in my doorway, and when I raised my head a man was standing in my doorway. He was featureless, except for one thing, his body was blacker then black, like a void. Except for his eyes, they were glowing red. As I stared at him, he made no gestures he just took one step closer and stopped. Obviously I was freaking out so i moved away to the side of my bed, away from the door. As i did this he ran to my bed, so fast i could not react, He placed his black hands on the side of my bed, rested his head on his hands, and stared at me with those red glowing eyes. I covered my face with my blanket (cuz that would help) and I said something like "please god help me" or "please dont hurt me" after waiting for what seemed like minutes. I peaked and to my relief he was gone.

If your wondering why I didnt scream, My dad was very strict and when I got scared he would quickly dismiss it and punish me for being "weird" so I never really told anyone till now.

Anyways I like to ask, who are the little shadow ppl? children maybe? a differant race? I must confess I haven't done much research. What struck me as odd was the little ones had no eyes. But the big ones eyes... holy crap man...

I'm like 30 now, and I never see the little ones anymore, but the big ones still make an appearance. And now I've been starting to notice white or grey shadow ppl, they behave the same way almost, but they never say anything or make noises. My wife as seen the white ones too.

Again, if you have any info on small "dwarf" shadow people and/or "white" shadow people let me know.

post-124476-0-48409000-1325088058_thumb.

I believe this would be better suited for the Paranormal Thread

Do you feel threatened by the Shadow People? I am a reader of Fortean Times and I believe there was a story about an Ouija board that summoned a shadow man. Have you ever used an Ouija board? Also, have you told people about them?

I don't know how to begin this thread, I'm new here and don't want to step on toes or post in wrong forum. I would like to open a thread about shadow people.

I think this is a fine place to post this. Don't worry. If it is not, then a Mod will move it.

When I was a kid I used to see them alot. From what I observed there are two distinct kinds, tall scary ones, and small little ones about 2 feet high.

I haven't read much about Shadow People for over a year. But, what I remember is that there are many kinds. There are even Shadow Animals reported. Some are even formless blobs. Supposedly there are factions among them and some are "good" and some are "bad".

In my experiance the small ones are always trying to help me get away from the tall ones. I had several vivid experiances with them when I was younger, seeing them in broad daylight poking out from behind a dresser, or when I'd go to sleep at night from the age of 6 to 12 I would see the little ones running around the house late at night, the weird part was I could hear their footsteps, like a small dog on hardwood floor the scampering sounds and the shear sight of them would drive me into a panic, I'd start screaming, and they would hide under cabnets and beds and stuff.

That does sound not typical of the shadow people. They don't usually appear in the day, and they usually don't make any noise.

One night I had a dream where the little ones talked to me, they said that they were trying to help save me from the "bad men" or "bad ones". They took me inside a very small house, at first I was terrified but they urged me to keep quiet, as me and they "little" shadow people hid, a big one started looking through the windows and started trying to grab at me, but the little ones saved me.

Many shadow people events/reports have a lot in common with ancient fairy stories or with modern alien abduction stories. Your story sounds pretty much like others I have seen.

Anyways I like to ask, who are the little shadow ppl? children maybe? a differant race? I must confess I haven't done much research. What struck me as odd was the little ones had no eyes. But the big ones eyes... holy crap man...

I'm like 30 now, and I never see the little ones anymore, but the big ones still make an appearance. And now I've been starting to notice white or grey shadow ppl, they behave the same way almost, but they never say anything or make noises. My wife as seen the white ones too.

Again, if you have any info on small "dwarf" shadow people and/or "white" shadow people let me know.

I've heard speculation that shadow people are trans-dimensional, in a Star-Trek kind of way. That they come somehow from a parallel reality, and thus are not "all here'. Though why if they make all that effort, they only just scare people and act weird, I don't know. I'd guess that the little ones are indeed a different "species" of shadow person.

I've never heard of a white shadow person.

Edit: It was moved while I was typing....

ive not seen these shadow people yet, and hope to god i never do. just sounds terrifying!

ive not seen these shadow people yet, and hope to god i never do. just sounds terrifying!

Some of them put be quite at ease, I only see them now about once a month for brief glimpses.

I had no idea that their are shadow animals reported too, I might have seen the blob shadow but merely passed it off as a trick of the eye.

If I had to go out on a limb I would agree, they seem to be from another dimension. The white one my wife saw, was walking and when she screamed for me to come see it, It stopped and turned and looked right at her then slowly disappeared. Maybe we are shadow people to them and we scare them or are just as interesting to them as they are to us. I appreciating you guys taking the time to post.

Do you feel threatened by the Shadow People? I am a reader of Fortean Times and I believe there was a story about an Ouija board that summoned a shadow man. Have you ever used an Ouija board? Also, have you told people about them?

Yes I have used one before with mixed results. But not when I was young.

I don't really think the little ones are evil, but the big ones with glowing eyes are quite intimidating.

"That does sound not typical of the shadow people. They don't usually appear in the day, and they usually don't make any noise."

I beg to differ. The large ones will speak to me while I'm awake, not anything meaningful, but they have called me by my name, or tried to get my attention by saying "Hey!" "Hey you!!!" "Help Me!!!"

"How's it going?" are just some of the things I've heard them say. I knew it was them because after hearing it I'd see them out of the corner of my eye. And no I don't have any mental issues that would be causing this. And it happens very rarely, and as I recall they only speak to me at night when I'm completely alone.

As far as telling other people about them, obviously i don't talk about it too much. I also see orbs that seem to have intelligence, they will move like an animal or whatever... but thats for another thread.

Edited by PuffDragon

I used to live in a house that had really creepy shadows that you could only really see out of the corner of your eye. Always thought I was seeing things until I moved twice and I havent seen anything like that in either of the two other houses.

Just to clarify, I see them out of the corner of my eyes mostly, but every once in awhile I can look at them straight on and watch them for long periods, lets say from 20 seconds to 1 minute.

Heres what I've Observed about them.

White shadow people

-They are very fast, unlike their black counter-parts, but will move slowly if they feel like it.

-Will never appear in a dark room, always in the light, or maybe a dim hallway

-They never speak

-They seem to not be interested in me, but looking for something.

-Seem to be friendly with the little grey/white ones.

Black Shadow People

-They move quickly but at a runners pace.

-Will appear in light or dark, doesnt matter.

-Will speak in short sentences to get your attention. But they do not make noise when they move.

-Some have glowing red eyes, the ones that seem to act more hostile

-Seem to be highly interested in whatever your doing, be it playing computer or doing the dishes.

Little Shadow People

-Will appear in light or dark, doesnt matter.

-Will only speak to you in dreams. When they move you can hear little tiny footsteps.

-Seem very timid and cautious and like to hide under things.

-Never have glowing red eyes, or eyes at all.

-They don't like the tall ones, and will fight with them.

-Always seem to be looking for something.

-Have not observed them in a long time.

Little Grey/White Shadow People

-Will appear in light or dark doesn't matter.

-About same size as their black counter-parts

-Can move very fast if they want

-Never take notice of you or stop to investigate, they are simply going somewhere ussually fast.

-They seem to be friendly with white shadow people and will only interact with them.

-Have only seen them rarly, maybe like 3 times in total.

Sorry I hope you guys don't think I'm crazy, I don't see them all the time, just maybe like once a month.

Edited by PuffDragon

Yes I have used one before with mixed results. But not when I was young.

I don't really think the little ones are evil, but the big ones with glowing eyes are quite intimidating.

"That does sound not typical of the shadow people. They don't usually appear in the day, and they usually don't make any noise."

I beg to differ. The large ones will speak to me while I'm awake, not anything meaningful, but they have called me by my name, or tried to get my attention by saying "Hey!" "Hey you!!!" "Help Me!!!"

"How's it going?" are just some of the things I've heard them say. I knew it was them because after hearing it I'd see them out of the corner of my eye. And no I don't have any mental issues that would be causing this. And it happens very rarely, and as I recall they only speak to me at night when I'm completely alone.

As far as telling other people about them, obviously i don't talk about it too much. I also see orbs that seem to have intelligence, they will move like an animal or whatever... but thats for another thread.

You are not alone on this one at all. As I've posted in my other thread, I have recently seen one of these tall shadow people at the other family house that is being haunted. Not only did I see it but another family member saw it at the same time as well. It was outside at night time but it was contrasted against a 6 ft tall white fence that lined the driveway. It actually seemed like it was standing there watching us until I turned that way and it darted off faster than any human or animal could ever. I saw it out of the corner of my eye but the other family member was facing it and say it head on.

That same family member actually has had some very very wild experience with them back in the 70's that I have not talked about. She was actually attacked by one so she says. Anyway I find this post of yours very interesting because if you see my thread about the stuff gonig on with my phones, I have actually got reports that the voice that breaks in the phone says "HEY, HEY, HEY YOU" and it almost sounds like it says "Help Me" in part of the long voice mail I got. I just wonder if there is a connection at all.

On top of all of that, there is another voicemail I have on youtube that says "DID YOU SEE ME?" and it was directed at the family member that told me that she saw the small shadow people you are talking about, same height and everything. I don't think I mentioned them because I'm already being attacked in that thread for my voicemails so I figure no need to make it worse, but that is what she saw in the house before that voicemail came in. Other family members have seen the large and small shadow people at the other house as well. I have no idea what they are though.

Edited by para2011

You are not alone on this one at all. As I've posted in my other thread, I have recently seen one of these tall shadow people at the other family house that is being haunted. Not only did I see it but another family member saw it at the same time as well. It was outside at night time but it was contrasted against a 6 ft tall white fence that lined the driveway. It actually seemed like it was standing there watching us until I turned that way and it darted off faster than any human or animal could ever. I saw it out of the corner of my eye but the other family member was facing it and say it head on.

That same family member actually has had some very very wild experience with them back in the 70's that I have not talked about. She was actually attacked by one so she says. Anyway I find this post of yours very interesting because if you see my thread about the stuff gonig on with my phones, I have actually got reports that the voice that breaks in the phone says "HEY, HEY, HEY YOU" and it almost sounds like it says "Help Me" in part of the long voice mail I got. I just wonder if there is a connection at all.

On top of all of that, there is another voicemail I have on youtube that says "DID YOU SEE ME?" and it was directed at the family member that told me that she saw the small shadow people you are talking about, same height and everything. I don't think I mentioned them because I'm already being attacked in that thread for my voicemails so I figure no need to make it worse, but that is what she saw in the house before that voicemail came in. Other family members have seen the large and small shadow people at the other house as well. I have no idea what they are though.

Its good to see I'm not the only one that hears them. I've never seen them interact with a physical object such as a phone. But I have seen strange things, a wall clock was taking off the wall and placed on the other side of the room, it didnt fall because its a cheap clock and would have broke instantly, it was as if someone took it off the wall and simply placed it on other side of the room face down.

Another time I heard rattling in my kitchen, like someone moving dishes, as I walked out there to investigate, I saw a glass by itself wobbling on the counter, it then shattered but in an unnatural way, it just fell apart but very gently, as if it was an old dried up leaf. But the glass was by itself, the only thing I could say to explain it is perhaps the glass was flawed and when the tempature changed in the room it just shattered. But again it didnt shatter in the natural sense, but as if someone slowly crushed it in their hands or as if it was made out soft clay. It just was not right at all the way it moved.

I tend not to blame the shadow people for weird stuff like this. Because I have never actually seen them moving or touching an object other then placing their hands on furniture, or leaning up against a wall.

I've tried speaking to them, but I never get a response and ended up feeling like an ass for talking to my "imagination" but obviously ALOT of people see them. I'm not sure if they are spirits or what. I wanted to try to set up a tape recorder in the crawl space under the house.... or the attic, But i was scared I would hear something other than shadow people.

They all seem to act in a similar manner, running fast around the house looking for something. Except the tall black ones, they enjoy watching you.

As far as them speaking, I think that they have alot of trouble with it, or maybe its very exhausting for them. So they use small sentances to get you attention perhaps to get you to follow them, or maybe they are simply lonely. I'm pretty sure they aren't all completely evil, I think some genuinely wish to help... with what i have no idea lol

I have seen the tall white ones and the small white ones "talking" but they made no sounds, you could see that they were talking by their gestures. As if discussing where to go next. I looked into my hall way from my office and saw a white one in the door way, He didn't seem to be watching me but passing by the doorway. And just as I noticed him he stopped and turned to face the other direction. As I watched him, a little grey/white one walked up to him and they seemed to be discussing something by there movement. Than the large one walked away and the small one followed him. It reminded my of a soldier giving an officer a report or a dog greeting its master, they just seemed very comfortable with each other. I have never seen the tall/short white ones interact with the others, but then again I just started seeing them recently (for the past year)

Edited by PuffDragon

These two factions of little and big people, have you ever actually seen them be violent or threatening to each other?

These two factions of little and big people, have you ever actually seen them be violent or threatening to each other?

Well as I said I don't see the little black ones anymore. But yes they are quite hostile towards the big ones, obviously you can't see too much detail cuz they are all black. But I have seen 3 little shadow ones attack a large shadow, they were pointing and jumping at it, then the big one "ran" away.

The white ones however seem to either be invisible to the black ones or just don't seem to care.

Do you think the little ones did it to protect you or do they just not like the big ones?

Do you think the little ones did it to protect you or do they just not like the big ones?

Honestly I think they are all looking for something, I don't think that they are protecting me. I think that maybe they are searching for their leader or their friends... maybe looking for a sacred object... who knows.. but not I don't think they have a special bond with me, I think they just don't realize I can see them so clearly.

Its strange because the tall/little white ones seem to work together, but the tall/little black ones hate each other. And so far I have never seen a white one and a black one in the same room.

Honestly I think they are all looking for something, I don't think that they are protecting me. I think that maybe they are searching for their leader or their friends... maybe looking for a sacred object... who knows.. but not I don't think they have a special bond with me, I think they just don't realize I can see them so clearly.

Its strange because the tall/little white ones seem to work together, but the tall/little black ones hate each other. And so far I have never seen a white one and a black one in the same room.

I tried to dig up more info on the different "races/factions" and I came across this which is interesting.

"The Hat Man

The one known as The Hat Man is thought to be their leader. This shadow is seen with various kinds of hats, and sometimes with glowing red eyes. The Hat Man is usually accompanied by a sense of dread or terror. No one knows what this being wants. . . ."

I have never seen one with a hat, but the eyes are the same.

I'm finding this quite disconcerting because I'm seeing thousands of thousands of stories and reports, and they all seem to match up.

Personally this is the first time I've done any research, and Its comforting and frightening at the same time to see so many people with similar stories.

Hello Everyone here on this thread. I have a thread on this very subject called Those Who've Seen the Hatman/Shadow People. Please come and take a look.... there is actually alot of information on my thread. I can't say that I can give definitive answers... but I can point you in a direction to alot of information. I suggest you look at the whole thread, but .... if you look at the last few pages, there are links that will take you to professional researchers and there are answers available about all of this shadow people stuff.

The hatman apparently enslaves the smaller ones. The shadows are attracted to pain and suffering and soak up negative energy - they feed on it. If the shadows are showing themselves they are the bad ones, the good ones do not show themselves.

Hello Everyone here on this thread. I have a thread on this very subject called Those Who've Seen the Hatman/Shadow People. Please come and take a look.... there is actually alot of information on my thread. I can't say that I can give definitive answers... but I can point you in a direction to alot of information. I suggest you look at the whole thread, but .... if you look at the last few pages, there are links that will take you to professional researchers and there are answers available about all of this shadow people stuff.

The hatman apparently enslaves the smaller ones. The shadows are attracted to pain and suffering and soak up negative energy - they feed on it. If the shadows are showing themselves they are the bad ones, the good ones do not show themselves.

dare i ask how you came to know this?

Are the white ones good ones then? Most of them, I'd say 80% do not seem to have ill intent, they just seem curious.

While the white ones seem to show no interest whatsoever.

p.s. Ill try and find your thread.

p.s.s. Can anyone suggest an experiment I can perform in the house somewhere. Maybe even some food I can leave out for them to interact with. I want to prove to myself they are somewhat real. I've thought about leaving a tap recorder running while I sleep, but I'm afriad I will actually get results. How can I do this scientifically and how can I make sure that I can duplicate my results if any to verify a pattern.

Edited by PuffDragon

Are the white ones good ones then? Most of them, I'd say 80% do not seem to have ill intent, they just seem curious.

While the white ones seem to show no interest whatsoever.

p.s. Ill try and find your thread.

p.s.s. Can anyone suggest an experiment I can perform in the house somewhere. Maybe even some food I can leave out for them to interact with. I want to prove to myself they are somewhat real. I've thought about leaving a tap recorder running while I sleep, but I'm afriad I will actually get results. How can I do this scientifically and how can I make sure that I can duplicate my results if any to verify a pattern.

Hello again, I don't know anything about the white ones. Instinct would say.... don't get involved when you do not know what you are dealing with. There is alot of information on the internet. Please please please do some research before you go and do anything else. Tap recorder, digital camera to photo it sound like good ideas. Leaving food out, no. *my opinion*. Please have a look at Rosemary Ellen Guilley's website My link

dare i ask how you came to know this?

I know these things from research and from what people have said from their experiences. Also Rosemary Ellen Guiley has written a book about them.

I know these things from research and from what people have said from their experiences. Also Rosemary Ellen Guiley has written a book about them.

I read her website. From my experiances with them, they don't seem to be "evil"

I found it interesting that some people think they are related to E.T. to me this makes sense judging from the tall black ones. They don't seem like they know I notice them. And I don't think they are ghosts or demons, if so then I've been "haunted" since I was 6. And no my parents didnt mess with satanic stuff. I've read alot about them the past few days, everyones experiances are the same as mine but for one exception, No one has seen the white ones/grey ones, and everyone seems to think they are evil.

From what I've observed (i've seen them my whole life) they are not evil. The black ones seem to be tricksters but they have never made me feel scared except for the one with red eyes. The little ones definitly hate the big ones, and the white ones don't care about humans or other shadow men.

Again most of the time when I see them, they are searching for something or talking to each other, only a handful of times have they actually interacted with me, and the interaction was more or less "hey buddy"

And they never come in my bedroom anymore, its always at work, living room, or the hallway to the kitchen.

So, I guess I'll just have to try and ask them next time they are screwing around in my house "what is your guys deal man"

I decided a good experiment, Ill leave a pen and a note pad out, and a tape record, as well as something to drink and a cigarette, that way I can cover all bases, I'll do this tonight and see if anything happens.

Edited by PuffDragon

can you supply any for of proof from this reasearch or is it the type where your simply told?

also many people will say anything to sell a book...

I see some as small as a cat/monkey, but I often don't see their limbs, I might only be seeing their body, or they float or something.

I've seen them as big as a man.

Also try using crappy cheap bulbs or lights (as long as they are safe) as in dim light the creatures show up more often. I think it might have something to do with what frequency your eyes can see up to and the frequency of the lighting.

Shadow people have been around for thousands of years and unfortunately even in my family book of the paranormal there is no mention of different species amongst them they are all one and the same.

Shadow people = entities who would not show a face = GHOSTS. While sometimes they are harmless (the little ones) some ghosts can actually be very violent and strong enough to walk the walk aswell. (the big ones).

I highly suggest you remove these ghosts from your home before they get vicious. Even the little ones can become a problem over time. As a matter of fact them being little is just an indication of there weakness, not there intent. Once they get strong you will most likely also see them as big ones. Why would they want you to live if they were evil? Because they're weak and ghosts feed off your fear. If you die what are they to feed from? Nothing. They will remain weak. Quite frankly you're lucky all you have is a ghost problem after using a ouija board... It could have been alot worse :)

The clip at 2:03 is exactly what I saw but taller. Thats how it moved and had that cloaked look to it.

The clip at 2:03 is exactly what I saw but taller. Thats how it moved and had that cloaked look to it.