Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Massive manhunt on for ex-cop

• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

#46    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

View Postaztek, on 08 February 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

at this point it is pretty clear, lapd is not interested to take him alive, and give him a fair trial.

To be fair, he already implied he won't be taken alive.  Rules of engaging anyone with lethal force is;  if your life is in danger, you end the danger.  Just being in a clear line of sight of this guy puts you in danger (that is, if you're a police officer).

To be fair to the suspect, he already knows he won't get a fair trial, especially since the trials he did have weren't fair, according to him.

This whole situation is terrible.  I don't agree with this man's actions, but I also don't agree with the LAPD and their actions.  I also think it's unfair how this guy is being painted.. I saw CNN had an interview with a criminal profiler, and he basically said the guy was a psychopath.  The manifesto itself shows he isn't by definition a psychopath, not to mention people who know him.  Yet, the media does this with the support of the LAPD to try and make this as black and white as possible.

#47    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,737 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 08 February 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

I also think it's unfair how this guy is being painted.. I saw CNN had an interview with a criminal profiler, and he basically said the guy was a psychopath.  The manifesto itself shows he isn't by definition a psychopath...

Having killed 3 and maimed others and clearly states that he intends to do more harm, but he's not a psychopath?

Get real. That man is extremely dangerous and a bona-fide lunatic.

I fully expect either he is killed in a capture attempt, or, likely, he kills himself when, hopefully, soon surrounded by law-enforcement.

#48    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• 1,046 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

View Postpallidin, on 08 February 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

Having killed 3 and maimed others and clearly states that he intends to do more harm, but he's not a psychopath?

Get real. That man is extremely dangerous and a bona-fide lunatic.

I fully expect either he is killed in a capture attempt, or, likely, he kills himself when, hopefully, soon surrounded by law-enforcement.

Maybe you should look up the definition of psychopath, instead of me 'getting real'.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Psychopath   His claim that he didn't want to do this, but feels it's a necessary evil reaffirms the point that he isn't a psychopath.  But by all means great pallidin, judge away.

#49    HollyDolly

HollyDolly

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

What he did was wrong,terribly wrong.I can understand trying to blow the whistle on corruption but when they dismissed him he should have turned to a lawyer and people like the NAACP,Wage and Labor Board etc. Not go out and shoot people. If he is found alive then try him in a court of law.This guy will either shoot himself eventually or he will be killed by the cops and we won't know if he is telling the truth on the corruption.
Wouldn't surprise me.LAPD has always been  ever since the days of the old studio system in Hollywood.There's alot about the movie stars that never made it into print or elsewhere because their PR departments greased some palms in the PD or DA's office.Plenty of drug dealers and others have cops out their in their pockets.

#50    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 08 February 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

Thats why he likely burned his car and went to foot to prevent innocents from being shot. I read that somewhere if not here.

View PostAsteroidX, on 08 February 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

Thats why he likely burned his car and went to foot to prevent innocents from being shot. I read that somewhere if not here.

Dude, he's already killed innocent people.  He's out to satisfy his own insulted ego.  This man is not a hero.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#51    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,542 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

People are putting up Facebook fan pages for this guy.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#52    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,286 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 08 February 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

People are putting up Facebook fan pages for this guy.

I wonder what people think when they do something like that.

Or, most probably: They refuse to think.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#53    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,286 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 08 February 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

I was looking forward to a reply from you about my earlier post in this thread :/

if you mean #23. I don't have to have an opinion about everything, but in any case, no matter what the offense: nobody can take justice in his own hands if civilization is to be preserved. And that includes this gentleman.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#54    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,737 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

he actually thinks quite clear, and has clear goal. army training, and knowlege of lapd tactics.
that is why it takes 10 000 officers in 2 states to find him, and they stiil can't.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#55    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• 1,046 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 08 February 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

if you mean #23. I don't have to have an opinion about everything, but in any case, no matter what the offense: nobody can take justice in his own hands if civilization is to be preserved. And that includes this gentleman.

It was more #21 than #23.... It was just a friendly jab.

I do agree with your post though, for civilization to be preserved, people can't be radical and take justice into their own hands.

#56    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,737 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 08 February 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

It was more #21 than #23.... It was just a friendly jab.

I do agree with your post though, for civilization to be preserved, people can't be radical and take justice into their own hands.
and the ones enforcing the law should be following it as well. and when they brake it, they should be punished just like everyone else.

but it  sounds lika a fairy tale, not reality.

Edited by aztek, 08 February 2013 - 08:50 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#57    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• 1,046 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

View Postaztek, on 08 February 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

and the ones enforcing the law should be following it as well.  sounds lika a firy tale, not reality.

I also agree with this statement.  Plato learned a couple thousand years ago that his utopia won't ever exist though :/

#58    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

View PostTHE MATRIX, on 08 February 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

I find it with the utmost hilarity that these Bible Thumping Tea Partiers are up in arms about a black guy with a gun but sure have no problem with a a white guy like Zimmerman murdering a black kid like Trayvon Martin.

Boy, do you view reality through such a distorted prism....  Your one and only joke got tired about a year and a half ago, but it's fun to see that, like Gallagher, you're still smashing that fruit!

#59    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,286 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 07 February 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

The most shocking thing with all of this is how I've been led to believe (recently) that these are the only people who should have guns.... You know, military and police officers are the ones who should have them.

Not to mention, with some of the snide remarks I've seen about how people should be all world sharp shooters or they don't need a gun, 2 civilians were shot by on duty police officers because of mistaken identity.  They certainly needed more than 10 rounds as well.

There's one thing nobody has brought up either;  his manifesto says he'll stop once they clear his name.  The continued hubris of the LAPD is why this won't stop until one side is dead.

If two cops need more than 10 shots to shoot two unarmed elderly  ladies they should be transferred to city sanitation as fast as possible, but ensure that they are capable of using a broom first. On the other hand, you never get more than you pay for. And seeing police salaries I am not surprised that they get "the best of every family".

[Happy now?]

Edited by questionmark, 08 February 2013 - 09:02 PM.

about me

#60    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• 1,046 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 08 February 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

If two cops need more than 10 shots to shoot two unarmed elderly  ladies they should be transferred to city sanitation as fast as possible, but ensure that they are capable of using a broom first. On the other hand, you never get more than you pay for. And seeing police salaries I am not surprised that they get "the best of every family".

[Happy now?]

Thank you good sir, I am.

I really do appreciate your consistency, by the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users