Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged]A unicorn lair discovered by archaeologists

Still Waters

In yet another outlandish claim to come out of North Korea historians have allegedly announced that they have unearthed a unicorn lair.

A report released by the History Institute of the DPRK Academy of Social Sciences claims that archaeologists discovered the lair of the mythical animal just outside a temple in the capital Pyongyang.

And, unsurprisingly, the lair - according to the report - means that Pyongyang was the focal point of an ancient, united Korea.

http://www.dailymail...nt-kingdom.html

http://news.sky.com/story/1019118/north-korea-researchers-find-unicorn-lair

Edited by Still Waters
Additional source link added
  • Like 2

To bad i dont trust anything north korea says

Paranormal sites would have nothing if it were not for the daily mail......

• Like 3

Ah so ! why dont we "discover" Camelot, and Merlins cave ?.

• Like 1

Didn't you know its because they're guarded by dragons? :P :P

I find this quote from the Sky News article particularly interesting:

There has been speculation that the report may be a spoof response to the Onion's satirical article declaring that North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un is "the sexiest man alive for 2012".

Could North Korea be trolling us ?

• Like 7

I find this quote from the Sky News article particularly interesting:

There has been speculation that the report may be a spoof response to the Onion's satirical article declaring that North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un is "the sexiest man alive for 2012".

Could North Korea be trolling us ?

How dastardly of them :w00t: , I can just see them twirling their moustaches.

• Like 3

Hey ,they're the ones that had giant aliens at Kim Jong Ils funeral .

Everyone knows he rode unicorns as a youthful lad ,charming all the gangam girlies ,so he could pass on his killer stud looks to his hottie son .

• Like 2

" A rectangular rock carved with words 'Unicorn Lair' stands in front of the lair. "

:yes: yeah because there would have to be a sign identifying it of course.

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 3

*rolling writhing laughing hysterically*

Here is why all the unicorns are extinct ......but what I really want to know is,why does Kim jong Il have a Jamaican accent ?

*dies*

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

I hope they have been brushing up on their photoshop skills if they plan to release photos.

Hasn't worked so well for naughty Korea in the past...

Maybe not Camelot but we've got the cave :D

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/tintagel-castle/

" A rectangular rock carved with words 'Unicorn Lair' stands in front of the lair. "

:yes: yeah because there would have to be a sign identifying it of course.

Of course. Just like the secret nuclear bunker and the bat cave. All signposted :P

secret_bunker.jpg

oeYGc.jpg

• Like 1

North Korea does not need satire, it IS satire.

• Like 1

The North Korean Unicorn is really a Water Buffalo with one horn sawed off (to be used in soup,or whatever they do)

• Like 1

What ever you do don't go in the cave it is a trap!

[media=]

[/media]

omg i thought i'd seen the last of this video!

'Unicorns' have existed in the past.........

Antiquities researcher Timothy Zell produced artificial unicorns dubbed 'the Living Unicorn', by remodelling the horn buds of goat kids in such a way that their horns grew together into a single one. Zell theorized that this process might have been used in the past to create court curiosities and natural herd leaders, because the goat was able to use this long straight horn effectively as a weapon and a tool. Medieval art often depicts unicorns as small, with cloven hooves and beards, sometimes resembling goats more than horses with horns. This process is possible only with animals that naturally have horns. For a time, a few of these unicorns travelled with the Ringling Brothers Circus.

• Like 2

Antiquities researcher Timothy Zell produced artificial unicorns dubbed 'the Living Unicorn', by remodelling the horn buds of goat kids in such a way that their horns grew together into a single one. Zell theorized that this process might have been used in the past to create court curiosities and natural herd leaders, because the goat was able to use this long straight horn effectively as a weapon and a tool. Medieval art often depicts unicorns as small, with cloven hooves and beards, sometimes resembling goats more than horses with horns. This process is possible only with animals that naturally have horns. For a time, a few of these unicorns travelled with the Ringling Brothers Circus.

cool!

I see your unicorn and raise you 2 live dragon eggs. :su

To bad i dont trust anything north korea says

kim-jong-il-meme-generator-south-korea-would-this-face-lie-to-you-e89561.jpg

• Like 1

Hi, I believe the North Koreans are saying that the Unicorn is a mythical beast, not mutated goats,from legends about this creature it is always portraid as a horse ?.and Circuses can make you believe what they want you to,and they are all mutations of normal animals.I am of the opinion that North Korea is full of Bull Poo.