Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ohio Classroom Shooting: Teen Shoots Himself

guns dont kill

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

A student at an all-male Catholic high school is said to be critically injured after pulling out a gun in a classroom and shooting himself in an apparent suicide attempt.

Police described the weapon as a semi-automatic handgun and said the episode was over "in a matter of seconds".

The youth was taken to hospital from La Salle High School, a private school west of Cincinnati.

Green Township Police Chief Bart West said there were 22 other students in the classroom at the time, but no one else was injured or threatened.

View: Read more

Posted Image

#2    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

Well at least he didn't hurt his classmates. :)

#3    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 30 April 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

Well at least he didn't hurt his classmates. :)

Not physically..

Posted Image

#4    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,566 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

Not physically..

Better mentally then physically imho. :unsure2:

#5    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• 1,047 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

View Postxsas, on 30 April 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

Not physically..

Actually, this is one I'll stick up for.  In bullying cases, I've noticed some things.  Sometimes, the bully just stops, the bullied forgets about it in time - this is the ideal scenario.  Other times, the bullied becomes the aggressor, and most of the time it's a simple assault towards the bully - we generally cheer on this response, and say that the bullied stuck up to the bully.  Fewer times still, the bullied becomes the aggressor, and retaliates beyond what most people deem reasonable - Columbine.  It is in these cases that we turn on the bullied (which is justified, in my opinion), and paint a picture of someone who is mentally ill and/or evil.  Then there's the cases that the bullied reaches their breaking point, but kill themselves - these cases are plenty, and we feel bad for the bullied, and everyone cries out about what we could have done.

Then there's this case.  This person obviously hit their breaking point, and if it was because of chronic bullying, their bullies should be thankful that instead of pointing the weapon at them, this individual decided to make his last protest.

Personally, I feel bad for him.  The emotional trauma that some of his classmates received from seeing this, I would bet pales in comparison to how they made him feel to commit such an act.

#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,453 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:37 PM

Very sad, I hope he makes it and recovers fully so he can tell us why he did this.

#7    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

Very sad indeed... what kind of pain drives an individual to such lengths...  he wanted to show them how badly he was effected but by what?

How much worse wool our be if he survives?

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#8    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,701 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 30 April 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

Actually, this is one I'll stick up for.  In bullying cases, I've noticed some things.  Sometimes, the bully just stops, the bullied forgets about it in time - this is the ideal scenario.  Other times, the bullied becomes the aggressor, and most of the time it's a simple assault towards the bully - we generally cheer on this response, and say that the bullied stuck up to the bully.  Fewer times still, the bullied becomes the aggressor, and retaliates beyond what most people deem reasonable - Columbine.  It is in these cases that we turn on the bullied (which is justified, in my opinion), and paint a picture of someone who is mentally ill and/or evil.  Then there's the cases that the bullied reaches their breaking point, but kill themselves - these cases are plenty, and we feel bad for the bullied, and everyone cries out about what we could have done.

Then there's this case.  This person obviously hit their breaking point, and if it was because of chronic bullying, their bullies should be thankful that instead of pointing the weapon at them, this individual decided to make his last protest.

Personally, I feel bad for him.  The emotional trauma that some of his classmates received from seeing this, I would bet pales in comparison to how they made him feel to commit such an act.

I'm sorry, I read the story twice and never saw anything that said he was bullied.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#9    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,771 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

Why the need to point out that it was a semi-automatic handgun?  How does the type of pistol he used impact the story considering that he could have done the exact same thing with a flintlock pistol from the 1800s?

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#10    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• 1,570 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

View PostRafterman, on 01 May 2013 - 02:34 PM, said:

Why the need to point out that it was a semi-automatic handgun?  How does the type of pistol he used impact the story considering that he could have done the exact same thing with a flintlock pistol from the 1800s?

Maybe it's the wrong time to joke, but I'd be interested in a story where an old flintlock was the primary weapon :gun: "the suspect then [unsuccessfully] attempted to reload his weapon with what appeared to be some sort of black powder."

“These International bankers and Rockefeller-Standard Oil interests control the majority of newspapers and the columns of these newspapers to club into submission or drive out of public office officials who refuse to do the bidding of the powerful corrupt cliques which compose the invisible government.”

- Roosevelt

#11    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,145 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

At home
Drawing pictures
Of mountain tops
With him on top
Lemon yellow sun
Arms raised in a V
Dead lay in pools of maroon below

Daddy didn't give attention
To the fact that mommy didn't care
King Jeremy the wicked
Ruled his world

Jeremy spoke in class today

Clearly I remember
Pickin' on the boy
Seemed a harmless little ****
But we unleashed a lion
Gnashed his teeth
And bit the recess lady's breast

How could I forget
He hit me with a surprise left
My jaw left hurting
Dropped wide open
Just like the day
Like the day I heard

Daddy didn't give affection
And the boy was something that mommy wouldn't wear
King Jeremy the wicked
Ruled his world

Try to forget this...
Try to erase this...
From the blackboard.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#12    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

Oh that is sad.  I hope he makes a full recovery, has to be very difficult for his family.  A member of my family once attempted suicide and it was very traumatic for us all, luckily their life it totally turned around now.

#13    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

This wouldn't have happened if there was a law against it.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#14    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,208 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 30 April 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

Yeah, Columbine - bad example.  Kliebold and Harris weren't bullied so much as they were bullies.

Sorry, not trying to derail the thread.

My heart breaks for kids like the one in the OP.  

Nibs

Edited by HerNibs, 01 May 2013 - 04:04 PM.

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#15    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• 1,047 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

View PostBama13, on 01 May 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

I'm sorry, I read the story twice and never saw anything that said he was bullied.

I apologize, I shouldn't have made an assumption.

I feel bad that he had bad wiring and randomly decided to shoot himself in front of his peers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users