Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Mysterious Humans of the ancient Sahara

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    paperdyer

paperdyer

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

• "The place where optimism flourishes the most is the insane asylum."

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

I've always wondered how all the dirt and plants, etc. changed to silica over the eons.

#17    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,177 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

View Postpaperdyer, on 26 June 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

I've always wondered how all the dirt and plants, etc. changed to silica over the eons.

But they dont do that, do they? Sand is from weathered rocks, like sandstone, or any other rock to be fair

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#18    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

And somewhere under all of that dirt is water.  I've read articles about the "ocean" of water beneath the Sahara.  It does look a bit like beach sand, doesn't it?

#19    HollyDolly

HollyDolly

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

My late father during World War 2 was in North Africa. I recall him talking about the rock paintings. Daddy also mentioned about how from the air,when they were flying over the desert,you could see what appeared to be the remains of cities or towns .He was a flight crew chief and mechanic with the 376 Liberators and bombed the Ploesti Romanian Oil fields amongst other places. I once asked him did they ever attempt to do archeological digs at these sites, and he said as far as he knew,no. Some were rather remote, not easy to get to apparently.

#20    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,048 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

View PostWelshRed, on 26 June 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

it's the 26,000 year cycle or "Earth Wobble" which means the tropics drift up and down over this period of time. The Sahara will one day be a lush savannah again (at the expense of another region).

http://en.wikipedia....nkovitch_cycles

This is all to do with the natural cycle of the Earth's orbit around the sun but something that those that tax us like to call "climate change" which itself was an updated "buzzword" for "global warming" which was dropped once the powers that be realised that particular buzzword bulls**t would not stick much longer.

There is always a denier who fails to read his own links:

Currently the Earth is tilted at 23.44 degrees from its orbital plane, roughly halfway between its extreme values. The tilt is in the decreasing phase of its cycle, and will reach its minimum value around the year 11,800 CE ; the last maximum was reached in 8,700 BCE. This trend in forcing, by itself, tends to make winters warmer and summers colder (i.e. milder seasons), as well as cause an overall cooling trend, but the instrumental temperature record shows a comparatively sudden rise in global temperatures in the 20th and 21st centuries attributed to man-made greenhouse gas emissions.[7]

#21    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,864 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:52 AM

View Posttwistagain, on 29 June 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

For best available information on the Saharan Peoples and what eventually happened to them, read the Urantia Book, Paper 80:2.1. You can find this on page 890 of the Urantia Book. You can also read and search the Urantia Book online. Try www.urantiabook or www.urantiabookonlinestudyedition

http://en.wikipedia...._of_its_science

The only informationThe Urantia Book reliably provides is "Who is the biggest sucker in the room?"

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#22    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,177 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:36 AM

View Posttwistagain, on 29 June 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

For best available information on the Saharan Peoples and what eventually happened to them, read the Urantia Book, Paper 80:2.1. You can find this on page 890 of the Urantia Book. You can also read and search the Urantia Book online. Try www.urantiabook or www.urantiabookonlinestudyedition

dbl post

Edited by seeder, 29 June 2013 - 06:37 AM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users