Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Roswell officer speaks from the grave

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#16    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,151 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

View Postspartan max2, on 08 December 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

Goverments normally lie
people normally do not

Hate to break this to you but people lie too (and a great deal).

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#17    Legaia

Legaia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

• "I have grown quite fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

-Sir Winston Churchill

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

View PostLilly, on 08 December 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

You're absolutely right, but as others suggested, if it were a murder trial with as many witnesses as have been in these cases, I think we could all speculate on what the verdict would be.

#18    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,008 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

Hmmm...
[sarcasm on]
Hypothetically: if one eyewitness say "Chinese", second claim "Afroamerican", the perpetrator of Caucasian descent wouldn't stand a chance to walk away free... :whistle:
[/sarcasm off]

Add to that, with so much influence on the eyewitnesses over many years, I doubt any court would pronounce "Guilty" verdict.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#19    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,098 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

View PostLegaia, on 09 December 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

You're absolutely right, but as others suggested, if it were a murder trial with as many witnesses as have been in these cases, I think we could all speculate on what the verdict would be.

In a murder trial you ..er.. generally have a deceased person who has clearly not died from natural causes, a provable motive or three, and the fact that it is a known and accepted fact that people do murder other people...  It also generally involves proper and rigorous cross-examination. Witness testimony by itself is usually NOT sufficient to convict and this is especially so in cases where the witness may be motivated in some way to not tell the whole truth, or is relating old and possibly tainted or even imagined memories..

Now, compare that with stories about ufo's containing aliens...  spot the differences?

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#20    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

View PostWalnut Whip, on 08 December 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

My gut instinct was right about an alien spacecraft crashing at Roswell.
I'm glad some of these deathbed confessions are coming to light.
When all is said and done it's going to lead to full disclosure.
I don't care if it challenges certain religious faiths because I'll be relieved.
There being only one alien body comes as a bit of a surprise.
From what I gather there was three occupants and two of them died at the scene.
It dosn't really matter because it's only a minor quibble.
This guy was one of the major figureheads of this incident and his word should be taken as gospel.

Not only does it challenge Religion but it challenges Traditional Science. They want that smoking gun instead of being
open to the possibilities that this phenomena could be real no matter how credible the witness is.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much skepticism can make you arrogant & egotistical.

#21    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

View PostChrlzs, on 09 December 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

In a murder trial you ..er.. generally have a deceased person who has clearly not died from natural causes, a provable motive or three, and the fact that it is a known and accepted fact that people do murder other people...  It also generally involves proper and rigorous cross-examination. Witness testimony by itself is usually NOT sufficient to convict and this is especially so in cases where the witness may be motivated in some way to not tell the whole truth, or is relating old and possibly tainted or even imagined memories..

Now, compare that with stories about ufo's containing aliens...  spot the differences?
There's another important factor.  Lying about UFO cases has zero consequences.  None.  If people believe you, you get some notariety.  If they don't, nothing happens and gullible folks still buy your books and go to UFO conferences to hear you speak.  Money...lots of it.

If you lie while under oath in court, you usually get some serious jailtime.

So "witness" testimony frequently means NOTHING in ufology.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#22    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,914 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

This guy is telling the truth, and  others about the ufo crashing at roswell.
And if some of think iam crazy for believeing thiz iam fine with it..

#23    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• 1,100 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

View PostLegaia, on 09 December 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

*cough*Oj trial *cough*

#24    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,153 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 December 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

They want you to think that all these hundreds of Roswell witnesses are lying.  Don't believe them.  These UFOs crashes are real and they have happened more than once.

Their insurance premiums must be huge....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#25    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,211 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

Something crashed at Roswell and it wasn't a balloon.

IMO you have options:

1. alien craft

2. top secret USAF craft

#26    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,236 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:22 AM

View PostAntilles, on 09 December 2012 - 06:12 AM, said:

Something crashed at Roswell and it wasn't a balloon.

IMO you have options:

1. alien craft

2. top secret USAF craft

And why wasn't it a balloon?

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#27    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,211 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 09 December 2012 - 06:22 AM, said:

And why wasn't it a balloon?

Cheers,
Badeskov

What makes you think it was?

Are you related to Boris Badenov, by any chance?

#28    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

View PostLilly, on 08 December 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

Well there's those little white lies that get us out of a pickle...
What would happen if the guy's short-term memory was out of whack.
While his long-term memory was so crystal clear it's like he's taken back to the day itself.
Senile dementia is very common amongst the elderly but you can't it use it as an excuse not for him  to talk porkies.
I'm actually seen examples of this and it's more common than you think.

Edited by Walnut Whip, 09 December 2012 - 07:39 AM.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#29    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

View Postspartan max2, on 08 December 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

Goverments normally lie
people normally do not

But people run the government....its a bit of a Conundrum.

Governments lie and people don't but Governments are run by people so  Governments don't lie or is it people lie?

I have a headache...

Edited by Lava_Lady, 09 December 2012 - 08:55 AM.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#30    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• 1,420 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

As much as I would love to believe Roswell I just cannot logically.  

These are my reasons. I am not 100% certain a Government would cover up such an important event, maybe at first as not to start a panic but I am sure it would filter through, what would be the point.  I doubt ownership rights of it would not be an issue as long as it was recovered on a countries own soil.  I could only see a problem if it had been recovered from international territory.

Secondly you have to ask yourself if this was true what technical advancements have been made, they would of had it over 50 years.  Well we know nuclear was around before before Roswell so that is ruled out, I doubt it traveled light years on fossil fuel.  Metal technologies have not changed a great deal either. Aluminium and steel was around before world war 2, this craft was supposedly made of some advanced metal.  But today we still use the very same metals all be it probably better quality.  

Many people link stealth technologies to Roswell.  The Horton brothers actually invented a triangular flying wing aircraft in Germany during World War 2 that displayed stealth tendencies.  That aircraft was inspected as it was taken to America when they were designing the stealth fighter, so again hardly other world technology.

Fibre optics have also been linked to Roswell, however the principle was demonstrated in London in the mid 1800's.

Even the space race was conducted using technologies learned from Nazi Germany's V2 rocket.  Today we still rely on chemical rockets for space travel.

Are we saying the American Government has learned nothing from what would be a highly advanced spacecraft they recovered over 50 years ago?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users