Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

killer wheelchair

IhartU

Article from English newspaper 1943

Archibald Brown was a tyrant. His treatment of his wife niggled his 19 year old son, Eric, but neither the lad nor his older brother could stand up to the bullying bank clerk.

Mr. Brown's conduct was not made sweeter by his paralysis of the spine, a disability which ultimately confined him to a wheelchair. On July 23, Nurse Mitchell was out with her patient near his home in Rayleigh, England, when Mr. Brown demanded a cigarette. As she walked around the chair after lighting lighting it for him, she was suddenly thrown to the groung by a mighty explosion. The wheelchair and Mr. Brown were blown to bits.

Eric, it transpired, had got hold of a Hawkins Grenade Mine, capable of destroying a tank, and booby-trapped the wheelchair with it!

A court in Chelmsford this November learned that his sole motive was to ease his mother's life. He has been found guilty but insane.

I FOUND THIS STORY ALMOST FUNNY FOR SOME REASON. THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD ALWAYS TREAT YOUR CHILDREN AND WIFE WITH THE RESPECT THEY DESERVE! :yes:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coldethyl

• ladygrim

• louie

• IhartU

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, funny for some reason. especially the "niggling" part. What does that mean?

It sounds like a Looney Tunes cartoon. Except he died.

I wonder how the kid got a Hawkins Grenade Mine. It sounds like it would be pretty big.

Here's a wikipedia entry on it that mentions the murder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawkins_grenade

I would hope if I were in a wheelchair and someone boobytrapped it with one of these I would realize it. I might start being a little nicer to people.

Bullying bank clerk??

Wahahahhaaa!

user posted image

oh my god no way... i shall avoid wheel chairs then lol

oh my god no way... i shall avoid wheel chairs then lol

Don't avoid wheelchairs, just avoid bullying bank clerks in them. Oh, and open flames....

user posted imageuser posted image