Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Do Governments like Conspiracy Theories?

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#46    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,116 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:17 AM

View PostSpinebreaker, on 07 May 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

The name rings a bell, not sure why though.

I don't think it's too out of line to say there's fault here that's being at best ignored, and at worst actively covered up.

Over 20 warnings that year, (sources vary, up to 28 or so, and that's reported warnings), threats and warnings going back to the nineties.  Now I'm sure there were shedloads of other threats and warnings too...  Now I'm sure it's a lot of people deciding which threats are credible/important enough to look into, but if the reported warnings are correct, as of August 2001 the security agencies of the western world knew that Al Qaeda had the intention of attacking US landmarks, had agents on US soil, maybe learning to pilot planes.

That, to me, sounds credible, and the combination of Planes plus Landmarks can help work it out.  I'd like to think (Admittedly, hindsight is always 20/20) that if I had been bought these pieces of info, I could have come up with a list of possible targets, and the Twin Towers would be in my top 5.

Then, for Bush et al, to do their official speeches and press conferences and to look into a camera at millions and say, with a straight face, "We had no way of knowing", "We could not conceive of this"...  Negligence.  Negligence leading to thousands of dead people.  Negligence that was lied about afterwards.  Negligence with no consequences.  It's not hard to understand why some people think the government had a hand in it.

I do feel you might rather enjoy the mini series The Path to 911, or perhaps PBS' The Man Who Knew. It will outline Bodine's role, who in my opinion was the unlocked gate that let all this happen. I think there were many other people covering their backsides too, which I am not sure is nefarious, but perhaps more along the lines of self preservation. Bodine stopped the one guy who knew the attack was going to happen, and who knew who would mastermind it. He was a playboy with a wife and a Girlfriend, and Ms Bodine took quite some offence to his footloose lifestyle. She teamed up with a man called PIkard and together they stopped John ONeil from investigating the operation in it's early stages. He ended up head of security at the WTC and perished in the attacks.
As such, it is hard to say who really knew what. Bodine's roadblock reached all the way to Yemen. But if one person could have stopped this from happening, it was her.
You are right, they could have conceived of this, that is no doubt an exaggeration, but not one I would hang someone on. Wether Oneils information ever reached the right places is more than dubious, but had it been taken seriously, I feel it is very possible that 911 would never have happened. The Bojinka Plot was rather similar in design. That alone says they should have suspected it was possible, however, that does not mean they knew it would happen either.
We know mistakes were made, we even know who dropped the ball. I am not sure why people like Bodine were not immediately dishonorably dismissed, but I do not feel that indicates that she has some powerful personal influences. The kid gloves used to handle her are suspicious, and I can see why people would ask questions, but I do not see that it would absolve the very fact that the killers on 911 were heralded by their religion in many parts of the world. It's no mystery who did it, a bigger one is why so many CT'ers want to see the people who we know are responsible walk away. From what I can tell, it's a personal thing.
I am pretty glad Bodine is not looking after my country.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#47    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,014 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:01 AM

Im ready to Move to Oz. Psyche101 ! GEt me a Green Slip Please ! I can Fix anything with Engines,wheels, wings,and a Seat to Run it by ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#48    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,344 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

View Postskyeagle409, on 05 May 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

That is nothing new in government. Was former President Lyndon Johnson fired for bungling the Vietnam War? Was J. Edgar Hoover fired for dismissing warnings on Japanese intentions, which later resulted in the attack on Pearl Harbor? In regards to Pearl Harbor, General Short and Admiral Kimmel were made scapegoats over the attack.

You can find many such stories in government, however, I am very sure you can find similar stories in corporations as well.

9/11 was far different though.

They weren't jgiven the same jobs. They were actually rewarded for being incompetent morons.

If it was an isolated incident, perhaps it could be explained in some way.

But it was not isolated at all.

It was all too common,

They did a good job being imbeciles, allowing the mass murder to be successful.

#49    Spinebreaker

Spinebreaker

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

• I'm everything you'll never want to be.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

View Postturbonium, on 11 May 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

9/11 was far different though.

They weren't jgiven the same jobs. They were actually rewarded for being incompetent morons.

It was all too common,

I agree.  The official explanation requires us to accept that the CIA, FBI, NSA, UN, MOSSAD, MI6, The US government, USAF and everyone else, was incompetent at the same time.  AND there was further incompetence afterwards, and most of it was not even acknowledged, let alone punished...

I personally think 3 or 4 people being corrupt is more likely.

Galileo was imprisoned by the Church,
For exposing that the Earth was not the centre of the Universe.
So in 1616 they already had control,
Of what they thought you and I were allowed to know.

#50    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,312 posts

• Keep Your Mach Up and Check Six

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

View Postturbonium, on 11 May 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

9/11 was far different though. They weren't jgiven the same jobs. They were actually rewarded for being incompetent morons.

It was all too common,

Nothing there to suggest a government 911 conspiracy because warnings were issued from a number of countries around the world that Muslim terrorist were in the final stage of attacking the United states, and remember, Osama bin Laden declared war on the United States and as a result, he lost his life.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#51    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,312 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

View PostSpinebreaker, on 11 May 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

I agree.  The official explanation requires us to accept that the CIA, FBI, NSA, UN, MOSSAD, MI6, The US government, USAF and everyone else, was incompetent at the same time.  AND there was further incompetence afterwards, and most of it was not even acknowledged, let alone punished...

Actually, intelligence missteps continued to this very day, years after the 911 attacks.

#52    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,624 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

View PostSpinebreaker, on 11 May 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

My guess is that the number of corrupt individuals is very much higher than that, possibly by a factor of 10.

#53    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,312 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 12 May 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

My guess is that the number of corrupt individuals is very much higher than that, possibly by a factor of 10.

I wouldnt' say that. They committed a number of intelligence blunders that had nothing to do with corruption. Even Hilter committed blunders in favor of the allies.

#54    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,624 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

Well certainly it would be an interesting number to know.  We do know that an FAA supervisor destroyed tapes in front of others that day.  Clearly somebody knew it was going to happen because of the options buying.

#55    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,312 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 12 May 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

Well certainly it would be an interesting number to know.  We do know that an FAA supervisor destroyed tapes in front of others that day.

What tapes?

#56    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,014 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

LoL ! Babe & Tapes ,Names,Proof ? A no-Brainer !

This is a Work in Progress!

#57    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,312 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 12 May 2013 - 10:43 PM, said:

LoL ! Babe & Tapes ,Names,Proof ? A no-Brainer !

Any pilot should have known that, but it seems that tapes and other evidence flew right over the head of Babe Ruth and kept on going.

#58    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,344 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:36 AM

View Postskyeagle409, on 11 May 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

Nothing there to suggest a government 911 conspiracy because warnings were issued from a number of countries around the world that Muslim terrorist were in the final stage of attacking the United states, and remember, Osama bin Laden declared war on the United States and as a result, he lost his life.

I'm talking about rewarding the 'nice folks' who helped make 9/11 possible. Their 'incompetence' allowed for this mass murder.

Is that a good thing to you? Would you give raises and promotions to such people?

I hope not. .

So who would see it as a good thing? Obviously, those involved in the crime would, right?

Now, who would give raises and promotions to such people? Those involved in the crime, right?

You can't claim this is an insignificant matter. It is blatant evidence of government involvement.

#59    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,312 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

View Postturbonium, on 09 June 2013 - 04:36 AM, said:

I'm talking about rewarding the 'nice folks' who helped make 9/11 possible. Their 'incompetence' allowed for this mass murder.

The FBI and the CIA have admitted to their mistakes, but it wasn't the first nor will it be the last time they make mistakes because they continued to make mistakes even years after the 911 attacks as was the case in Afghanistan when CIA agents allowed a known terrorist to get too close and as a result, he blew them up along with himself, however, they have met with successes.

#60    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

View Postskyeagle409, on 12 May 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

I wouldnt' say that. They committed a number of intelligence blunders that had nothing to do with corruption. Even Hilter committed blunders in favor of the allies.

Correct. I believe that when a possible assassination of Hitler by the Allies was discussed in the later stages of th war, the Allies nix'ed it because Hitler was making such poor decisions that he was in fact "aiding" the Allies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users