Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Knowing the mind of God

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#91    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,359 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

We are too concerned with being offended than allowing God to actually work in our lives. Does it feel like a sharp blade in your heart when you come across religious concepts? Maybe because God is powerful and is stirring something up in you. God, The Great Spirit, Cosmic Consciousness, is knocking at your door, not to upset you, but to enlighten you. Please get over yourself.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#92    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

EDIT to change my mind, I couldn't be bothered going into a long  conversation again  lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 27 November 2012 - 10:51 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#93    =Jak=

=Jak=

Telekinetic

• 6,824 posts

• SIMPLICITY

"Avoid hurtful thoughts and bring helpful attitude"

Self sacrifice attitude, kills ego.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

To keep this debate right...  we need to discuss more about mind... not god..  first v need to understand the mind, as of now we use very less part of it... so can't we say that if we start use 100%, v know our mind or god.

G @   C

#94    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,359 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

Its just really obvious that we as a species have a long way to go, in understanding the mind of God. But do know it is available to you, you can start studying, praying, meditating, learning from others, analyzing your own heart, talking to God (or whatever you want to call IT) ask for guidance etc... Getting to know the mind of God is a LONG and internal process. It will vary for the individual. But I really think it starts with letting your guard down with him. God is one who will come over you, he will beckon you, he will lean on you and begin to reveal himself to you, but you are not an inactive participant in this process. I hate that being Christian I have to be careful with my terminology around here, but understanding this Christ - the analogy of Jesus knocking on your door, and all you have to do is answer.. this is true.

You are correct when you say: Surely God is not only over one part of the world. That is true. God is over all parts of the world, everywhere and available to me and you and has been for all times, and that is why (he/she/it - which I hate to say, but only because so many need UNDERSTANDING) has been interpreted from everywhere in all of the ages. You can learn from these trainings, you can go to God yourself, but do not think that religion comes from no-truth and that it was only made to control you. Control you to do what, get to know God? That would be a benefit.

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#95    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,359 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

The control factor comes from the RULERS of the world....

#96    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,359 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

View Post=Jak=, on 27 November 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

To keep this debate right...  we need to discuss more about mind... not god..  first v need to understand the mind, as of now we use very less part of it... so can't we say that if we start use 100%, v know our mind or god.

God feeds our minds when we are in-tune with him. The discussion is Knowing the Mind of God.. not knowing your own mind. Incorporating God into your life, is welcoming a greater understanding, it is about more than just yourself, even though you do find God within.

#97    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 27 November 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

Its just really obvious that we as a species have a long way to go, in understanding the mind of God. But do know it is available to you, you can start studying, praying, meditating, learning from others, analyzing your own heart, talking to God (or whatever you want to call IT) ask for guidance etc... Getting to know the mind of God is a LONG and internal process. It will vary for the individual. But I really think it starts with letting your guard down with him. God is one who will come over you, he will beckon you, he will lean on you and begin to reveal himself to you, but you are not an inactive participant in this process. I hate that being Christian I have to be careful with my terminology around here, but understanding this Christ - the analogy of Jesus knocking on your door, and all you have to do is answer.. this is true.

You are correct when you say: Surely God is not only over one part of the world. That is true. God is over all parts of the world, everywhere and available to me and you and has been for all times, and that is why (he/she/it - which I hate to say, but only because so many need UNDERSTANDING) has been interpreted from everywhere in all of the ages. You can learn from these trainings, you can go to God yourself, but do not think that religion comes from no-truth and that it was only made to control you. Control you to do what, get to know God? That would be a benefit.
A little preaching going on here! you must have UNDERSTANDING that not every one believes and not every one wants to. There are many other benefits in life which are not god related, many religious people have not given themselves time to understand themselves and and what is around them or what nature has to offer them beneficially. Yes, my way may not be as simple as opening up a book, reading it and then following its words, but my way is far more exciting.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#98    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 27 November 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

The control factor comes from the RULERS of the world....
And the rest, but you are correct. The control factor has been the start of many wars throughout history too, and most of them were to do with religion.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#99    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,359 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

View Post=Jak=, on 27 November 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

but if we did have the ability to use more of our mind (that we are not using) I'm sure we would know the mind of God much more.... Why can't we use those parts I wonder? Maybe they are just padding. I don't know... I should read more about that.

#100    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,359 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 27 November 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

And the rest, but you are correct. The control factor has been the start of many wars throughout history too, and most of them were to do with religion.

True, but the heart of it was Control. God was the facade.... The common man is a pawn, and the ruler could appeal to man using God. The God I know is a God of peace. Understanding the Right Mind of God, and moving towards that as individuals (and a body of individuals) I believe we would begin to rise up shed light on these powers that are using us, killing and destroying for their own sick pleasures.

#101    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,359 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

Killing and destroying are the attributes of the Devil.

#102    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,359 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

You are correct when you say: Surely God is not only over one part of the world. That is true. God is over all parts of the world, everywhere and available to me and you and has been for all times, and that is why (he/she/it - which I hate to say, but only because so many need UNDERSTANDING)

View Postfreetoroam, on 27 November 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

A little preaching going on here! you must have UNDERSTANDING that not every one believes and not every one wants to. There are many other benefits in life which are not god related, many religious people have not given themselves time to understand themselves and and what is around them or what nature has to offer them beneficially. Yes, my way may not be as simple as opening up a book, reading it and then following its words, but my way is far more exciting.

The context I wrote the word UNDERSTANDING in is because people get mad when you talk about God and say He. So in parenthesis I put He/She/It, which I don't like doing because it is not my natural form. I understand that not everyone believes in God and that everyone has their own way, I actually think that is beautiful. But when in discussion, I hate for people to get bent out of shape just because I say HE as apposed to He/She/It, as if somehow that makes it easier to comprehend for the reader.

when you say: many religious people have not given themselves time to understand themselves and and what is around them or what nature has to offer them beneficially - that is very untrue, religion (or experiencing God) has enhanced my life to the utmost degree, as I grow spiritually I see myself more clearly ... and ... This is not the first time I heard someone think that being religious doesn't allow them to see the benefits in nature. I wonder why people think that. Having God in my life OPENS my eyes to nature. I freakn love nature...

oh, and don't assume you know that a person that believes in God merely opens a book and follows its instructions and doesn't have an exciting life. You have no clue about the lives of others. It is good not to stereotype based on religion...

like I said, we need more UNDERSTANDING
religious and nonreligious, all people need more understanding
and discussions about religion prove it very well.

Edited by SpiritWriter, 28 November 2012 - 12:02 AM.

#103    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,677 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 27 November 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

True, but the heart of it was Control. God was the facade.... The common man is a pawn, and the ruler could appeal to man using God. The God I know is a God of peace. Understanding the Right Mind of God, and moving towards that as individuals (and a body of individuals) I believe we would begin to rise up shed light on these powers that are using us, killing and destroying for their own sick pleasures.
The beginning of the bible in Genesis, there is a part about men going to fight each other down to gods command. Please do not quote me on the exact content as i do not have the bible here now.
There are many people who are good minded and good hearted and NOT religious, so why then would god put man through the trials of war, death,  etc, when we know that man can live peacefully without religious guidance? it just seems that over time, those who have caused the wars and deaths have been the ones with religion behind then, their power for their religion to rule has brought a lot of hatred in this world let alone deaths.

View PostSpiritWriter, on 27 November 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

And who created him?

#104    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 27 November 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

I hate how human nature is blamed on the Devil all the time. Fess up and take responsibility, we're animals, virus' with shoes. The devil and his demons (as you would believe it) are also held down by the chains of judgement and when The Final Judgement comes, he and his demons will be judged and thrown into the fiery pit...as said in the bible.

Satan/Devil is a sinner and what does your god say about sinners? that they should be forgiven.

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?” Mark Twain.

Edited by Sean93, 28 November 2012 - 12:00 AM.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#105    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,359 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

View PostSean93, on 27 November 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

I hate how human nature is blamed on the Devil all the time. Fess up and take responsibility, we're animals, virus' with shoes. The devil and his demons (as you would believe it) are also held down by the chains of judgement and when The Final Judgement comes, he and his demons will be judged and thrown into the fiery pit...as said in the bible.

Satan/Devil is a sinner and what does your god say about sinners? that they should be forgiven.

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?” Mark Twain.

Satan is evil at its prime, it is the representation of the evil in the world. Sinners can easily be forgiven if they change their ways. Yes, humans did it, they should cut that sh!t out and quit acting like the devil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users