Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Jesus 'died on Friday, April 3, 33AD'

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61    Devilanse

Devilanse

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• Salvation is the Man Jesus Christ; LORD and Saviour. King of KIngs, Lord of Lords.

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:53 AM

When Jesus Christ died on the Cross; the Earth quaked horizontally instead of vertical; that is why the earth quaked .. He went dowm in to Abrahams Bosom which was a part of hell to take "Captivity Captive" from Satan He also preached to the fallen angels imprisoned there, which has 5 compartments. You may read about Abrahams Bosom or Paradise which is now empty in Luke 16.
When it got dark that was when the Father turned away from Him for becoming a curse on the Cross for mans sin; He was a Sacrifice...."The Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world" who is now seated at the right hand of the Father. He did a Finished Work on the Cross He said "It is Finished"!
Done our sin debt paid in full!!!! Praise God!!!! and now we can rest in Him those of us who are Believers and are saved and cleansed by His Precious Blood. Before He was Crucified the Temple Priest never sat down they were constantly sacrificing little Lambs which represented Christ. In AD 70 He had Titus destroy the temple because they would not quit sacrficing.

Edited by Devilanse, 29 May 2012 - 05:00 AM.

#62    lilmcnessy

lilmcnessy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:19 AM

how can you pinpoint the exact date of death of someone who does not exist?

#63    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,593 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

View PostDevilanse, on 29 May 2012 - 04:25 AM, said:

The Earthquake was horizontal that was when He went down into hell to preach to the fallen angels and liberate all the Patriarches,Prophets and all who died which had Faith in Him as the Saviour. Paradise was a place in Hell where the Saints were kept until the Crucifixtion, they were comforted; Satan could not hurt them. You can read about Paradise in Luke 16 about the Lazarus went to Abrahams Bosom (Paradise)  and the Rich man (the Rich man went to hell) Many people say this is a parable but it is  an actual story they are real people. Jesus Christ came to die to pay humanitys sin debt which was owed to the Father and it demanded death.
Do people really still believe Hell is underground? Is then Heaven in the sky?

#64    thewatchman7

thewatchman7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

• like joseph stalin, and ghandi,
    im the cult of personality!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 29 May 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

Do people really still believe Hell is underground? Is then Heaven in the sky?

clearly, hasnt deep sea research shown this to be correct or space research shown astronaughts the way to heaven ;)

#65    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

Why Do They Take The Mention Of An Earthquake So Literally?? Maybe The Earthquake Was Said To Have Happened Only To Emphasize The Fact That A Tragedy Was Occuring .. FGS, Christ Was Dying!! This May Also Be The Reason Why The Sky Darkened ..

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#66    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,025 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

View Postthe L, on 27 May 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

http://www.dailymail...spels-date.html

Jesus died on Friday, April 3, 33AD, according to an investigation which matches his death to an earthquake.

The investigation, from the International Geology Review, looked at earthquake activity around the Dead Sea, which is around 13 miles from Jerusalem.

The Gospel of Matthew, Chapter 27, says that as Jesus lay dying on the cross, an earthquake shook the area, scattering graves and making the sky go dark.

However, putting the jigsaw together, Williams said the clues were:

• All four gospels and Tacitus in Annals (XV,44) agree that the crucifixion occurred when Pontius Pilate was procurator of Judea from 26-36 AD
  • All four gospels say the crucifixion occurred on a Friday
  • All four gospels agree that Jesus died a few hours before the beginning of the Jewish Sabbath (nightfall on a Friday)
  • The synoptic gospels (Matthew, Mark, and Luke) indicate that Jesus died before nightfall on the 14th day of Nisan; right before the start of the Passover meal
  • John’s gospel differs from the 'Synoptic Gospels'; apparently indicating that Jesus died before nightfall on the 15th day of Nisan

ok sorry but you're going to have to have more than the gospels as your proof. the bible is hardly a factual historical document.

#67    kaptn k

kaptn k

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

How could Jesus have dies in the year 33AD when AD stands for after death. So they are now tring to say Jesus died 33 years after he died? And the whole notion of using AD (after death) is redundant unto itself because all believers say that he 'died' on the cross but was resurected and thus Jesus is not dead.

#68    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,371 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

View Postkaptn k, on 29 May 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

How could Jesus have dies in the year 33AD when AD stands for after death. So they are now tring to say Jesus died 33 years after he died? And the whole notion of using AD (after death) is redundant unto itself because all believers say that he 'died' on the cross but was resurected and thus Jesus is not dead.

AD stands for Anno Domini, or year of the lord, generally considered his birthyear.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#69    PsychoticHorticulturalist

PsychoticHorticulturalist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

I have no idea where this AD="After Death" assumption started, but it's endlessly obnoxious.

Undoubtedly religious types will use this piece of "scientific data" to flaunt their beliefs, thus continuing the "us against them" mentality running rampant in modern theology.

#70    EnglishRose88

EnglishRose88

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:01 AM

The Bible is hardly science fact. It's like getting someone to pick a story book and trying to prove that the fiction is fact. It is impossible!! Forget the Bible it is a bunch of puzzle stories written by men, not the word from God... Which it should be but.. oh yeah he don't exist

#71    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

bible is a collection of stories written by men to explain things when science had not come around and common sense was to the level of a 6 year old.

science = evidence. example: humans evolved from apes cuz we have dna testing and we look and act lik them.

religion = faith. doomsday will happen at 2012 cuz howard camping heard the word of GOD! whoops just a april fools prank x) no offense

#72    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,326 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:14 AM

View PostPsychoticHorticulturalist, on 29 May 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

I have no idea where this AD="After Death" assumption started, but it's endlessly obnoxious.
It comes from Primary School Religious Education lessons misremembered by people who should have been either paying more attention or less, either way the confusion wouldn't have happened.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#73    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,124 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

View Postkaptn k, on 29 May 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

The first time I read that in this thread I thought it was a joke.

But after the second time I start to worry...

Please don't PM (= Post Mortem) me, lol. I don't want private messages from the 'beyond'.

#74    brizink

brizink

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:33 AM

what about considering the possibility that Jesus never even existed? that would be the more scientific way to do things. They cant use the sedimentary record to pinpoint an exact day, that is BS anyway, they are just assuming it was on a Friday of the week in question as told in the "scriptures" *Snip* ...

Edited by Karlis, 30 May 2012 - 09:59 AM.
Removed offensive comment

#75    mfluder

mfluder

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

Phenomena that can't be reproduced in a lab are not necessarily BS.  We have all kinds of unquantifiable happenings right here on our little blue planet.  In fact, I would wager most of you posting on this thread are aware that there is more going on in the world than we can really measure or observe.  That being said, the Bible is a book, written by mortal men to control the population en masse, not a book written by some ruthless deity and his son's friends.  I think you all are correct that this "breakthrough" is a real reach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users