Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Chatroom Ignore Feature?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,222 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:51 AM

So is there any way to ignore a user in the new chat interface? Prior versions of the chatroom allowed for this function so we could ignore users who spew endless lines of off-topic text into the room? It's nice to be able to ignore them and keep being able to watch the on-topic banter between the rest of the users.

Thanks much!

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#2    Angelicon

Angelicon

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:03 AM

I was thinking exactly the same! Really missing that feature.

#3    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,032 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

That's something Invision will need to add in a future version of the software.

#4    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,222 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

Do they have an ETA on that? There's a user or two who regularly come in and really distrupt the flow of the room badly and don't have the capacity to interact with anyone in an appropriate way. In the past, we've been able to ignore them and it causes no problems, however now, that's impossible and it makes the new room unbearable. It would be one thing if it was just a line here and there, unfortunately it's gobs of text no one wants to see every other line. It's nearly impossible for the community to have a conversation of any kind. Or is it possible to get a mod in more frequently to help mitigate the disruption? Thanks much!

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#5    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,840 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 26 May 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

There's a user or two who regularly come in and really distrupt the flow of the room badly and don't have the capacity to interact with anyone in an appropriate way.

Hey, you talkin' 'bout me?

Posted Image

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#6    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,032 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

If someone specific is disrupting the room then that's something you should report so that we can address it with that member directly.

#7    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,222 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

View Postealdwita, on 26 May 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

Hey, you talkin' 'bout me?

Posted Image

Not yet Eadwita! But you're welcome to try! LOL. :P

#8    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,401 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:20 AM

Yes, there is an ignore button: put your arrow on the member's name in the chat feature, then click "ignore private chats" (sometimes I do) and won't read anything the person says for now on (limited amount of time). Just to let everyone know about it, and I recommend some members preferably continue their convos on private messengers off-site.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#9    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,032 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

That option is for private chats ( which are disabled ), it won't ignore what people are saying in the actual room.

#10    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

we also need a botton to empty the screen of previous texts when it becomes filled it slows down and hiccups

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users