Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Navigating around UM

Lotus Flower

Today, everything is taking an age to load, whether it be topics, replying to posts, going into profiles etc etc, is anyone else having the same problem?

I have loaded up other websites today and they are loading very quickly, so it isn't my computer. Usually UM is speedy to load up as well as navigating around the site.

Any tips?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lotus Flower

• Picturesque Orion

• Saru

• Radian

I am not having any issues loading UM, have you tried clearing your temp files, cache, cookies?

I am not having any issues loading UM, have you tried clearing your temp files, cache, cookies?

Yes, but I will do it again and maybe a defrag, hopefully that will sort it :tu:

Could be a routing issue, it'll probably sort itself out without you needing to do anything.

Out of curiosity, try browsing a few pages on this site and see if you have the same problem: Click Here

I'm still having this problem, stated it here before too, tried to fix it but did not suceed......

The pages are running slow, actually even slower now, it's weird... and anoying..

I'm still having this problem, stated it here before too, tried to fix it but did not suceed...... The pages are running slow, actually even slower now, it's weird... and anoying..

I've cleared everything out, defragged and virusscanned, but it's still slow. I will do as Saruman says and see if it sorts itself out.

*fingers crossed*

Edited by Lotus Flower

My pages have been coming up near instantly for the last hour or so as I browse around.

I've noticed when I use a certain browser I have the same problem here, so I changed browser depending on if im on this site or not.. when I changed to a different browser my pages seemed to load much much quicker.. I am NOT very puter savy.. but just something I had an issue with and changing browsers helped... just a thought.. :}

Edited by Sunni

I've noticed when I use a certain browser I have the same problem here, so I changed browser depending on if im on this site or not.. when I changed to a different browser my pages seemed to load much much quicker.. I am NOT very puter savy.. but just something I had an issue with and changing browsers helped... just a thought.. :}

Just a thought?!?!?!? That did it!!!! That fixed it!!!! Thank you Sunni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no clue why it works with a diferent browser though... :geek:

Weirdly, I am fine today, pages loading very quickly.

However, as a safeguard lol, Sunni and Alex, what browsers did you or do you use?

However, as a safeguard lol, Sunni and Alex, what browsers did you or do you use?

I used IE before, and UM pages were very slow, but I followed Sunni's advice and tried a diferent browser ( Firefox). Now everything is fast again, I don't understand why though.

I use Internet Explorer as my default browser and don't have any problems, I also use Firefox at times and don't notice any difference in speed when accessing the site.

Is it possible you have an add-on or some kind on IE that could be causing the slowdown ?

I don't think I downloaded any addons, could be the version of IE. I remember downloading a new version of IE like a month ago or so. What version of IE do you have Saru?

I'm using IE 7, I also have two other computers in the house using IE 6 which work fine as well.

testing..testing...it's working super fast here in florida..

I'm using IE 7, I also have two other computers in the house using IE 6 which work fine as well.

There goes my theory, I'm using the same version. Could be firewall, but I'm not so sure about that......

I used IE before, and UM pages were very slow, but I followed Sunni's advice and tried a diferent browser ( Firefox). Now everything is fast again, I don't understand why though.

YEP! I've tried IE 6 and 7, and was so darn frustrated, kept thinking i had a virus...or bunch of spyware or something... Went to firefox, and it started acting perfectly immediately.. loaded much more smoothly, much more quickly.. :}

I've also tried Opera before too, but firefox proved to be faster here (with this site) than it also.. so!

I at first thought it was firewall, so I disconnected it entirely.. didn't change anything... I'm not sure what kind of add ons I have, if any that I know of that could be causing that problem on IE.. I'd like to know though..

Edited by Sunni

• 2 weeks later...

I wish it worked faster here, Firefox isn't making any difference.

Maybe it is some sort of setting on IE, however, other sites are loading very quickly.

I will have a mooch around :lol:

I like the new toned down on 'post edited by...' at the bottom.

I think i hold the record on UM for the most edited posts, so i'm glad to see it. lol!

Edit: I think spoke too soon, must have been seeing things... :huh:

Edited by REBEL