Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

New Tasmanian Tiger video

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    zrina11

zrina11

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Light travels faster then sound. That's why some people appear brighter before they speak.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

Just saw this and thought I'd share it with you guys.  http://www.youtube.c...v=zuqYXVCx9tE#!  

Let me know what you think.

Posted Image

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,351 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

Which blurry shape is the Thylacine again?
I see a blurry wallaby, a blurry pig (or maybe a wombat), a big cat (notice the loping run).. it's too short and fat (thylacines were more like greyhounds).
I'd dearly love there to be a surviving colony of the Tasmanian Tiger, but that video's not evidence.

Edited by Wearer of Hats, 16 January 2013 - 03:06 AM.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,776 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

don't think so.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#4    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,866 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

Again, front and head and activity shots of the Quoll and Devil, yet only butt shots of the Tiger?

How does this happen...camerawise?

#5    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,891 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

The most impressive part of the video looks like a cat to me also. Too dark and too short and too bouncy to be a Tiger. Maybe a Devil? Do Devil's jump around like that?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#6    zrina11

zrina11

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Light travels faster then sound. That's why some people appear brighter before they speak.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Here's a video of Tasmanian Devils running around.  https://www.youtube....h?v=gPEubqzXE0U . Their movement looks different.

Posted Image

#7    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

View Postzrina11, on 16 January 2013 - 02:53 AM, said:

Just saw this and thought I'd share it with you guys.  http://www.youtube.c...v=zuqYXVCx9tE#!  

Let me know what you think.
Superb!! Thanks for sharing. I don't think it's a thylacine though! The gait of the animal matches with the Beast Of Dartmoor video shot in the UK.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#8    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,891 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

View Postzrina11, on 16 January 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

Here's a video of Tasmanian Devils running around.  https://www.youtube....h?v=gPEubqzXE0U . Their movement looks different.
Probably a large domestic cat then....

Those little devils don't appear to bound around like the critter in the earlier video.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#9    Thegreatsilence

Thegreatsilence

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Interesting find, Rewlahool.

The beast featured in this video makes me think of the medieval Arenotelicon or leucrocotta, a maned canid wrongly assumed to be a  hyena :

Posted Image

#10    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostThegreatsilence, on 17 January 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

Interesting find, Rewlahool.

The beast featured in this video makes me think of the medieval Arenotelicon or leucrocotta, a maned canid wrongly assumed to be a  hyena :

Posted Image
That sounds like the beastie, although I'm sure they very mismaligned.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#11    evil_kenshin

evil_kenshin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

the supposed daylight part of the footage of a tasmanian tiger makes it very doubtful as these were nocturnal animals (not to say that nocturnal animals don't come out during daylight, just its very rare especially as the footage looks like its in the middle of the day).

#12    Meinka

Meinka

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

• I will show you fear in a handful of dust. - T.S Elliot

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

As much as I would love to see a video confirming the survival of the Tasmanian Tiger I saw nothing in the video that would support such a thing.

I believe what I did see were Tasmanian Devils, Quolls, possibly a feral pig and a wallaby. But no Thylacine :(

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c ) run away from, and (d) rocks.
Terry Pratchett

#13    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

A couple of them look like cats to me, feral cats are huge in the bushlands.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users