Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

Giant owl photographed at Carrizo Springs

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#46    Golly Buster

Golly Buster

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostUFO_Monster, on 16 July 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

Also, is it just me or does the concrete seem to merge with one of a different shade?

Looks that way.

View PostAstral Hillbilly, on 16 July 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

In the picture it looks like some kind of string, or small rope going from the top of the garage door down to the birds left wing (right wing as we see it). Could it be supporting some of it's weight ? Or, am I not seeing what I think I'm seeing ?

It might be something running diagonally down that brick wall....?

something else that screams out Photoshop fake for me, is the expression on the face of the cop on the left of picture. He's grinning like an idiot as though in actuality he's holding up something (that's been airbrushed out) which he knows the viewer of the photo will find amusing.

A cop posing for a soon-to-be world famous photo, holding the corpse of a legendary giant spirit owl isn't going to go with that kind of dickish expression.

#47    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,627 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

Glad you are enjoying the picture, but please avoid using it for analysis.

This is a re-saved version of the image from the thread Rafterman linked to. That images quality was poor enough, but this one has been reduced in size, had colour, levels and contrast adjustments before being saved for the web (a low quality jpeg looses definition).

If we want to analyse the image we really need the original...

Its probably in a folder with the Thunderbird photo somewhere though.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#48    HollyDolly

HollyDolly

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

I don't recall hearing anything about it on any of the local  San Antonio tv stations.Yes, there is a town called Carrizo Springs,west of San Antonio.I think it's the county seat of Dimmit County.Crystal City, also in the same area is the seat of Zavala County,which has a statue of Popeye the Sailorman and an annual Spinach Festival. This must be the biggest thing to hit Carrizo Springs  since the Eagle Ford Shale and the oil fracking. Never heard of Pro8 News, unless it's a tv station out of Del Rio or El Paso.
Not much really to do out in that part of Texas,so they came up with this one. If the owl is for real, then they need to contact the Texas Parks and Wildlife,or UTSA or UT Austin to let them check it out.

#49    Codeblind

Codeblind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

nevermind the owl you wanna see the mouse it was hunting....Posted Image

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

#50    ali smack

ali smack

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

I think it looks fake,but maybe a freak owl with giantism.Animals,as well as people exist with giantism.
So it might be a giant owl,but personally I think it looks fake to me.

#51    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,627 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

View PostCodeblind, on 16 July 2012 - 10:26 PM, said:

nevermind the owl you wanna see the mouse it was hunting....

Fake...!                                       ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb, 16 July 2012 - 11:56 PM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#52    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

Total fake. Called my friend in Texas he said it was photo shopped. The owl was enlarged and the 2 men were added in.

#53    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

Along the lines of our big birds discussion, I was fishing in the Mohawk River near Albany on Sunday and saw a bald eagle attack a great blue heron.

Didn't get any photos because it happened so fast, but it was amazing to see.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#54    WillSoMysterious

WillSoMysterious

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Location:In a dark, dark town there was a dark, dark street and in the dark, dark street there was a dark, dark house, and in the dark, dark house there were some dark, dark stairs and down the dark, dark stairs there was a dark, dark cellar and in the dark, dark cellar, WillSoMysterious lived.

• "You know one of them ones where you have to wipe your bum cheeks first?" - Junior Chubb 2013

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:23 AM

Dearest Junior Chubb, it is Stephanie here reporting live from Shapes. YOU ARE GAY, stop commenting. Arrivederci!

View PostWillSoMysterious, on 18 July 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

Dearest Junior Chubb, it is Stephanie here reporting live from Shapes. YOU ARE GAY, stop commenting. Arrivederci!

Sorry, wasn't me!

#55    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,627 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

View PostWillSoMysterious, on 18 July 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

Sorry, wasn't me!

Lol, thanks Steph x x x x (Have a virtual High Five :tu: )

WillSoMysterious, remember the basics of using a computer in a public place that others have access to you muppet...

Edited by Junior Chubb, 18 July 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#56    DeathRain2012

DeathRain2012

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 55 posts

• There's some **** out there bro.

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

I've actually seen a really huge owl one time, it was in these woods by a cemetary.. the woods are presumed to have a history of cult gatherings and witchcraft. I feel like I have an intuitive sense for the unseen, and that place gives me goosebumps. Other times, I just stay back there for hours feeling invited and welcome. What I'm getting at is maybe this owl I have seen is related to the legend of Lechuza. or Maybe its just a normal owl. It's presence was intimidating though.. Charcoal gray, wingspan far greater than mine (and i'm a heavywieght boxer), and it seemed to cast a shadow way bigger than itself. Just a thought though..

#57    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,627 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

View PostDeathRain2012, on 18 July 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

wingspan far greater than mine

You have wings?           ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb, 18 July 2012 - 02:08 PM.

#58    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

♔ Usagi Tsukino

• 8,561 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

Why do people do this? Just to get 15 minutes of fame? Yeah, what will that do ya? -..-

#59    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostUFO_Monster, on 16 July 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

Also, is it just me or does the concrete seem to merge with one of a different shade?

I totally see that also UFO nice catch!!!

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#60    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

View PostPrincess Serenity, on 18 July 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

Why do people do this? Just to get 15 minutes of fame? Yeah, what will that do ya? -..-

BECAUSE THERE d****!!! WITH VERY FEW BRAIN CELLS

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users