Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Beliefs

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    JuiciCouture

JuiciCouture

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:57 PM

sad.gif   Why do parent's down there children/spouses for what they beleive in  disgust.gif

JuiciCouture

Run your fingers though my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what i feel, believe what i believe, perceive as I percieve, look, experience, examine and for once just once, understand.

I will not rely on anyone but me to define my existance or indeed shape my own destiny. MY LIFE EGO, MY RESPONSIBILTY!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

NEVER MAKE SOMEONE YOUR PRIORITY!!!

#2    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,940 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix, ******** can't be.

Posted 23 July 2005 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE(JuiciCouture @ Jul 21 2005, 01:57 PM)
sad.gif   Why do parent's down there children/spouses for what they beleive in  disgust.gif

View Post

Maybe because they don't know how to do anything else?? Maybe because they don't understand, or maybe they don't agree, this is a fairly general question , it could be alot of reasons??? What do you think it is????/ Namaste Sheri

#3    EmpressV

EmpressV

The Opinionator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

• Democracy is a double edged sword, just because you don't like something doesn't make it wrong it just makes it someone elses right,
    Geo

Posted 23 July 2005 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE(JuiciCouture @ Jul 21 2005, 04:57 PM)
sad.gif   Why do parent's down there children/spouses for what they beleive in  disgust.gif

View Post

I have to agree with sherri b. People don't know any better. Some parents think their rose colored vision of the world is perfectly fine. They choose to be blissfully ignorant to the real world they live in. All I can tell you is that if you are comfortable with who you are, then don't worry about what they think. Eventually they will come to understand because they love you and want you to be happy.

WHO'S THE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT GOT ME SIDETRACKED?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GODS ONLY EXIST IN THE MINDS OF THOSE THAT BELIEVE IN THEM

#4    nativechick1989

nativechick1989

Forum Divinity

• 22,956 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 09:13 AM

It all comes down to 'Understanding'!

It can also be due to lack of 'Education', through education can we truly understand.

original.gif

#5    Dang

Dang

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE(nativechick1989 @ Jul 24 2005, 10:13 AM)
It all comes down to 'Understanding'!

It can also be due to lack of 'Education', through education can we truly understand.

original.gif

View Post

You can say that again.

#6    JuiciCouture

JuiciCouture

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE(curiousity @ Jul 23 2005, 01:48 PM)
QUOTE(JuiciCouture @ Jul 21 2005, 04:57 PM)
sad.gif   Why do parent's down there children/spouses for what they beleive in  disgust.gif

View Post

I have to agree with sherri b. People don't know any better. Some parents think their rose colored vision of the world is perfectly fine. They choose to be blissfully ignorant to the real world they live in. All I can tell you is that if you are comfortable with who you are, then don't worry about what they think. Eventually they will come to understand because they love you and want you to be happy.

View Post

what u mean, ppl don't know any better  ??????????

JuiciCouture

Run your fingers though my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what i feel, believe what i believe, perceive as I percieve, look, experience, examine and for once just once, understand.

I will not rely on anyone but me to define my existance or indeed shape my own destiny. MY LIFE EGO, MY RESPONSIBILTY!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

NEVER MAKE SOMEONE YOUR PRIORITY!!!

#7    EmpressV

EmpressV

The Opinionator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

• Democracy is a double edged sword, just because you don't like something doesn't make it wrong it just makes it someone elses right,
    Geo

Posted 26 July 2005 - 06:40 PM

Most people of past generations have a smaller vision of the world. They want to see what their parents taught them to see. The parents of the 60's began to expand their way of thinking and that opened the door for the generations to follow. Not all are open minded though. Some people don't like change, it makes them feel uncomfortable. But the rest of us will just have to help them along. I have a saying that I try to follow, "Go not where the path may lead, but go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." I don't know who wrote it but it fits me perfectly.

WHO'S THE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT GOT ME SIDETRACKED?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GODS ONLY EXIST IN THE MINDS OF THOSE THAT BELIEVE IN THEM

#8    bacca

bacca

Puppet master of Vision

• 2,424 posts

• Allasourous
    Jan 2003-Sept 25 2005
    Have a SUPER SPARKLEY DAY

Posted 28 July 2005 - 03:09 PM

I'd say people down others opinions or beliefs because it's the only way that they know to make themselves feel like they are right.  It's like a teenager picking on someone because they feel that the other person is smarter, prettier, funnier etc. So they put down that person so as to make themselves look better. Same thing with religion and beliefs when you have a NEED to be right then anyone who disagrees with you, you must but down because to not do that they may have a valid point and where would that get the person who has the need/want to be the one with all the answers....or something like that anyway   wink2.gif

Commit random acts of kindness

Careful what you wish for, you just might get it!!!

#9    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,552 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 28 July 2005 - 07:14 PM

Not all do (of course).  And those that do are just like the bullies on the playground at school who put people down because they have glasses, or are chubby, or whatever.

A closed mind and a desire to affect control over others.

Embrace the impossible.

#10    bacca

bacca

Puppet master of Vision

• 2,424 posts

• Allasourous
    Jan 2003-Sept 25 2005

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:29 PM

excatly

#11    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE(JuiciCouture @ Jul 21 2005, 08:57 PM)

View Post

I am sorry they do this. But maybe it is because they don'tknow why you believe differently. Maybe you should explain it to them. They are just concerned probably.

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#12    bacca

bacca

Puppet master of Vision

• 2,424 posts

• Allasourous
    Jan 2003-Sept 25 2005

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:42 PM

what would they be concerened about that would cause them to 'down' their spouse/childs beliefs 101?

#13    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:44 PM

Some people feel that witch craft is harmful. something like that.

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#14    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,777 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 29 July 2005 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE(JuiciCouture @ Jul 22 2005, 06:57 AM)

View Post

Ok, downing children.  I wouldn't do it.  I don't think it is right.  Parents may feel like failures if their kids don't grow up with the same moral code that they do and thus lash out at those beliefs.

As for spouses, I find it inconceivable that a couple will get together only to argue about their religious standings (considering they knew their partner's belief before they got together (presumably)).

That's why I don't think I'll ever marry someone who is not Christian.  It's not that I think Christians are better or some such, just that I don't think the union would work.  How can I go to church every Sunday, and to Bible study every (whatever day it happens to be on), and leave my wife at home.  And what happens when the children come?  Are they going to go to church with me, or stay at home with the missus?  Do you see where I'm coming from.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#15    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 02:45 PM

Paranoid I understand. Being in a previous marriage where he wasn't a cHristian I was brought down and didn't go to hurch and such. So being married to someone is hard when their beliefs are so different.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users