Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Large Black Dog/Wolf

wolf dog black

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Loanwolf

Loanwolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

The other night I was awoken by a sound. I opened my eyes expecting to tell my dog to get off the futon she likes to sneak onto. Instead, staring right at me from about 3 feet away was a very large black dog/wolf. It startled me but, strangely, I wasn't filled w fear! I just stared at in amazement! The detail around the mouth was so vivid. The eyes were unremarkable but its size was huge! Easily a 150 lbs.
But, I did say out loud "WTF?!?!" As soon as I said that, it disappeared and my dog came up to me. What do you make of this?

My dog had been laying in front of the door and I could see her in my peripheral vision while I was looking at the wolf. There is No way I could have mistaken what I saw as my dog. I have never seen a wolf in real life before so I can't say for sure that's what it was but it was definitely bigger than any dog I've ever seen. And, I have a Great Pyreneese!

#2    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

Sound like you were still in a dream state. Your dogs would have woke you.

#3    Loanwolf

Loanwolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

The thought did cross my mind so the next day I asked my boyfriend if he remembered me saying "wtf?" in the middle of the night. He did. So, I knew I didn't dream it up. I am accustomed to waking up in the middle of the night because of my dogs. I know I was awake. If anything, I tried to tell myself it was my mind playing tricks on me. That my mind generated that which it expected to see in the absence of light.
But I am open to other possibilities. I'm always in search of the truth.

#4    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,302 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

There is a old legend of the Black Hound. Sometimes called a Hound of ill omens. Or sometimes Ol' Shuck. It is a foreshadower of hard times and usually of someone close to you dying.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Black_Shuck
http://en.wikipedia....lack_dog_(ghost)

A black dog is the name given to a being found primarily in the folklores of the British Isles. The black dog is essentially a nocturnal apparition, often said to be associated with the Devil, and its appearance was regarded as a portent of death. It is generally supposed to be larger than a normal dog, and often has large, glowing eyes. It is often associated with electrical storms (such as Black Shuck's appearance at Bungay, Suffolk), and also with crossroads, places of execution and ancient pathways.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#5    Loanwolf

Loanwolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:26 AM

Mr. Diechecker, I am just now seeing this reply and thought I'd give some feedback. I had that vision on Oct.13. My mom died of a sudden heart attack on Nov. 22, 5 weeks later. It seems your interpretation was right on. In fact, 24 hours after the vision, my whole world began to crumble. Thankfully, I have made it through the dark night of the soul and have landed on my feet. I owe my gratitude to the wolf spirit; no matter what name he goes by. It led me to a path of shamanism that gave me the strength needed to get through the worst chapter of my life. Thank you for your response. It was very validating for me.

#6    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

Could have been a dream

#7    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

You're Great Pyrenees dog is described as:

It was developed to be agile in order to guard sheep on steep, mountainous slopes.[4] According to the Great Pyrenees Club of America, the Great Pyrenees is naturally nocturnal and aggressive with any predators that may harm its flock. However, the breed can typically be trusted with small, young, and helpless animals of any kind due to its natural guardian instinct.[5]

The Black Dog could have taken an interest in your Pyrenees when you take it out for a walk in the woods perhaps. You may have dreamt a real encounter which occured sometime earlier when out with your dog. It's a possiblity which crossed my mind.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#8    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Sounds like you were lucid dreaming.  There are plenty of threads on that here in other parts of the forum.  Unless you have a habit of leaving your doors or windows wide open while you sleep and you live in an area where wolves are present, the likelihood that a real wolf was in your bedroom, without alerting your dogs and then vanished when you spoke the magical incantation "wtf?" seems pretty remote.

Go research lucid dreaming.  You didn't see a real wolf.

#9    Wolfman 1993

Wolfman 1993

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

Have you studied up on this? Some people have claimed to see "devil dogs", ghostly large black dogs that are usually a bad omen, but can also be protectors of a certain area, similar to what Die Checker was explaining

#10    CharlieCluster7

CharlieCluster7

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

• When you don't feel it, it shows, they tear out your soul. And when you believe, they call it rock n' roll.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s crime novel The Hound of the Baskervilles was inspired by the Black Shuck legend, which Doyle heard while playing golf at Cromer.
There is a panel picture/reference to Shuck in the comic book Hector Plasm: De Mortius, and an appearance in Supernatural: Origins comics. Philip Pullman mentions it in Northern Lights, the 1995 opener of His Dark Materials trilogy, as an animal-made shape-shifter of a soul.
British rock band The Darkness wrote a song called Black Shuck on their hit album Permission to Land.
Singer-songwriter Nick Drake wrote and recorded Black-Eyed Dog, drawing freely on the legend’s foretelling doom and death.

Edited by CharlieCluster7, 13 January 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#11    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

View PostCharlieCluster7, on 13 January 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s crime novel The Hound of the Baskervilles was inspired by the Black Shuck legend, which Doyle heard while playing golf at Cromer.
There is a panel picture/reference to Shuck in the comic book Hector Plasm: De Mortius, and an appearance in Supernatural: Origins comics. Philip Pullman mentions it in Northern Lights, the 1995 opener of His Dark Materials trilogy, as an animal-made shape-shifter of a soul.
British rock band The Darkness wrote a song called Black Shuck on their hit album Permission to Land.
Singer-songwriter Nick Drake wrote and recorded Black-Eyed Dog, drawing freely on the legend’s foretelling doom and death.

Thanks for the music connection! Very interesting, although I don't like the phrase "..legend’s foretelling doom and death". I prefer the Green Man protector of the forests imagery. Hey, great song!!

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#12    CharlieCluster7

CharlieCluster7

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

• When you don't feel it, it shows, they tear out your soul. And when you believe, they call it rock n' roll.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

View PostRewlahool, on 14 January 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

Thanks for the music connection! Very interesting, although I don't like the phrase "..legend’s foretelling doom and death". I prefer the Green Man protector of the forests imagery. Hey, great song!!
Nick Drake wrote this song 4 months before he died.

#13    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

View PostCharlieCluster7, on 15 January 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

Nick Drake wrote this song 4 months before he died.
Wow. How did he die, if you don't mind me asking.

#14    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

View PostRewlahool, on 15 January 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

Wow. How did he die, if you don't mind me asking.

Nick Drake committed suicide.

#15    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

I used to have a photo of a friend's black Great Pyreneese on a rock in a river. Some distance from the camera.

A quick glance at the photo or not knowing what it is, it didn't look like a wolf, but sure looked like a bear! He loved the woods.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 16 January 2013 - 04:01 AM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

Also tagged with wolf, dog, black

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users