Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

'Half-cat' image circulates the web

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

View Postseeder, on 08 May 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

hehe, I saw this pic YEARS ago and kinda funny how its surfaced again, so whoever recently posted it to that website is a bit late

here it is in 2009, http://topcultured.c...eirder-it-gets/

and thats probably still not the oldest link there is, but its Fun to hear it went viral, again!!

heres similar

Posted Image

http://www.google.co...12&tx=143&ty=98

and...wait for it

Conegato, Half Cat, half Rabbit !!

Posted Image

and before you all cry its impossible to have a half cat/rabbit, read the linky

http://www.ronworkma...3822789/cribbit

I recall when I was about 10 reading about some "cabbits" that were born.  They were being sold by the owner but they looked so strange and I thought, how sad they will not know who/what they are because of their dual natures but I don't think they lived long.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#17    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 14,767 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

All cabbits that I've read about were actually deformed cats.

Cats and Rabbits are so genetically different that basically the only thing they have in common is that they are placental mammals.

Cat = Class: Mammalia, Order: Carnivora, Family: Felidae, Genus: Felis, Species: F. catus
Rabbit = Class: Mammalia, Order: Lagomorpha, Family: Leporidae, Genus: Oryctolagus, Species: O. cuniculus

AFAIK, such a hybrid is not even possible in a forced fertilization labratory environment.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#18    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

i wasn't sure what to make of it lol it looks funny and pretty damn cool and funny but i thought to myself that can't be real as in its more likely photo-shopped lol still that would be something to see and surprisingly too.if it was real it would maybe be a experiment by some scientist in labs maybe or it could be some mutation though as well.

#19    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,143 posts

• Question everything

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

Is it's name Eric perchance?

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#20    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 08 May 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

All cabbits that I've read about were actually deformed cats.

Cats and Rabbits are so genetically different that basically the only thing they have in common is that they are placental mammals.

Cat = Class: Mammalia, Order: Carnivora, Family: Felidae, Genus: Felis, Species: F. catus
Rabbit = Class: Mammalia, Order: Lagomorpha, Family: Leporidae, Genus: Oryctolagus, Species: O. cuniculus

AFAIK, such a hybrid is not even possible in a forced fertilization labratory environment.

Thea, I'm aware of the rules of genetics.  But it was in our local paper way back when.  Being 10 at the time I didn't ask how it could be possible.   It could have even be a hoax.  I have rewired to research out as am adult but found nothing.

It was in a paper called the Sun Press and there was one picture of a litter of 4 cabitts or so.  I remember the article because it's so bizarre.  The mother was the cat supposedly.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#21    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

Something less than a cat, but also something more.

#22    JGrayshon

JGrayshon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

http://gawker.com/ht...o-jpg-494299990

#23    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 14,679 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

Fun with Photo-shop. :yes:

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#24    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

I think it'd be fun to run around as an ostrich-man!

#25    YukiEsmaElite0

YukiEsmaElite0

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

• "Things like protecting the world are no more than moral reasons that sound good." -Soi Fon (Bleach)

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

It would be terrible if the was a real photo. Poor kat.

#26    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,599 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

View PostYukiEsmaElite0, on 09 May 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

It would be terrible if the was a real photo. Poor kat.
it is a real photo just edited

#27    atomk12

atomk12

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

This is kinda lame. You can tell be observing it that the cat just happened to take a step with its other hind leg pointed straight when the photo was taken. Cats do this stretch when they've been laying a while. I really hope this is not mysterious to anyone.

#28    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 7,372 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

View Postatomk12, on 09 May 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

This is kinda lame. You can tell be observing it that the cat just happened to take a step with its other hind leg pointed straight when the photo was taken. Cats do this stretch when they've been laying a while. I really hope this is not mysterious to anyone.

:w00t: Perhaps you didnt read the article properly? Its the cats front legs only, the rest has been shopped. But does your cat do that clever stretch then? While hiding his ears too?

Posted Image

Edited by seeder, 09 May 2013 - 05:05 PM.

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#29    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,208 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:21 AM

View Post95-Nasty, on 08 May 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

How the hell can it walk on two legs like that?

Lots of cats can walk on two legs. It's obvious these are deformities. Cats and rabbits cannot combine genetically ,as far as I know .
Is that Blackie Lawless ?

All dragons know that story.
What was to be their hope became their doom; a spoiled ungrateful child was given a great gift and destroyed it!

#30    Javon66

Javon66

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

And i shall call him minny me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users