Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Your favorite ghost show?

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#16    Ajnaya

Ajnaya

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

• Behind every man now alive stand 30 ghosts, for that is the ratio by which the dead outnumber the living.-Stanley Kubrick

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:49 AM

The science in the shows only suck because the paranormal is not a definite science, everything is experimental as far as the technology is concerned.  Just telling you that you can't say someone's "science sucks" if it's not considered a science.  And for the record actors work off of scripts, I should know I am one.  They don't learn how to use investigation equipment and run their lives around paranormal investigating, if they are actors they act, period.  And you can tell if someone in a show is an actor by looking up their film and stage credits...it's very easy to do and very hard to lie about.

#17    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 2,985 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:32 AM

I love Ghost Adventures, they've got some scary episodes going on. When they go into the Texas Slaughterhouse(NS?) and some haunted Hotel in Ireland. Those are creepy!

One that usually flies under the radar is "Haunted" on Discovery Channel. That is a good show and good at building up suspense and the actors aren't bad at all. It's pretty cool.

Ghost Whisperer is good, but boring after a few episodes. It's repetetive. "I have a gift..." etc...

#18    ColonelJ

ColonelJ

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

• "...And turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness..." - Joel 2:13

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:11 AM

Animal Planet's The Haunted is hands-down my favorite paranormal show as of right now, lol.  It's great.

#19    Belial

Belial

Devilish chappy.

• 4,417 posts

• dogs bark cats meow i fart go figure?

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:15 AM

NONE OF THEM. :w00t:

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

Kick a habit - i never did like Tolkien...

#20    000000000000000

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:09 PM

I'd have to say Ghost Lab for its comedic value. The only way they know to investigate the paranormal is by screaming and insulting the ghosts.

#21    Disembodied Voice

Disembodied Voice

Mystical Bean Chaointe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

• My inspiration is ART...Because without ART we would just be stuck with reality. - Daniel R. Lynch

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:41 PM

Honestly I am not a fan of any of the ghost hunting shows. I think they are all for ratings.

Posted Image

MY PARANORMAL BLOG: ENTER IF YOU DARE!
"Reality is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there."
"I am a lover not a fighter but I will fight for what I love."
"Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

#22    constantine319

constantine319

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:19 AM

Yesterday I stumbled upon Animal Planet's The Haunted for the first time. It was on all day. It was refreshing to see something different, because this show focuses on the first hand accounts of the people involved and not a repeat crew with investigating. Almost every episode featured a family that called a paranormal investigative team though, and never the same one twice, so it was really neat to see the different techniques for approaching a haunting.

I first started watching Ghost Hunters when it was on, and I liked that one a lot, but I don't seem to catch it anymore. I've started watching Ghost Adventures whenever it's on and I really like that. I didn't like it at first because they have the cut scenes with everyone acting out what the story is about. They seem to have a ton of EVPs but most of the time they're hard to decipher.

I've never seen Paranormal State but I'd love to try something new.

#23    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 2,985 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:44 AM

View PostColonelJ, on 09 January 2011 - 11:11 AM, said:

Animal Planet's The Haunted is hands-down my favorite paranormal show as of right now, lol.  It's great.

Yes that's the one I meant. Good show.

#24    plutonium16

plutonium16

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:04 PM

They're all BS but I watch them if they're on late at night. Relieves the boredom. Helps me sleep.

#25    Pigeyman67

Pigeyman67

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• lifes are overrated

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:44 AM

View PostGreytMuse, on 08 January 2011 - 08:27 PM, said:

This, exactly!!  It's a very entertaining show, but you have to know going in that they are believers, not skeptics.  Rarely do they debunk anything, it seems mainly they are looking to reinforce the idea some place is haunted.
GHOST LAB AND GHOST HUNTERS !!!!!!!!!!!

#26    Bloemen

Bloemen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

• Rideo Ergo Sum

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:25 PM

I like the BBC tv show Northern Ireland's Greatest Haunts.

#27    Keymaker

Keymaker

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 130 posts

• Great Artists Have No Country

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:53 AM

While most ghost shows I think are pure rubbish there was a little show on the old Unexplained Channel called Whines and Spirits which focused solely on haunted pubs. There are no better buildings for haunting that Inn's and pubs I think. It's a shame that channel went off air.

"The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials." - Confucius

#28    AZDZ

AZDZ

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

• Hatching soon...

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:54 PM

Ghost Hunters was the first show of this subject I watched but grew tired of the lack of evidence they could collect and they seem too reluctant to break out of their stale formula. They do however retain the award imo, for best evidence. The lighthouse and prison evidence remain some of the best I've seen. I still watch it, (and GHI) just not when I am the least bit tired or it will bore me to sleep.

Found Ghost Adventures and it became my favorite. They seem to get allot of, imo, good evidence but lately the emphasis seems to be shifting from the GHOST adventure to the crew adventures, too much goofing off. Also, I think what made them so productive in the beginning was how few people were involved in the hunt. Now "visitors" and "guests' are always tagging along which, besides causing more distractions and noise which interrupt my viewing enjoyment, may be scaring off the ghosts whom might be more active if there were not so many people around.

Another interesting show which has aired for one season and hope someday returns is "My Ghost Story". In every episode the story was always accompanied by video 'proof' of claims which I prefer over Personal Experience Stories, (yawn.) The Haunted is simular to MGS one in that it too would at least have some evidence, be it video or EVPs to back the claims.  

I watch Ghost Lab and was impressed with their first season. Lots of experiments which shewed correlations between haunting and the physical environment. Something I hate about this season is how, at the slightest hint of evidence gathered, they stop the investigation and scramble back to the Lab for a review. FINISH the investigation, review later!!!

I no longer waste my time with Paranormal State.

Probably off topic but as good a place as any to discuss it; one thing I hate about this whole GH show phenom is how it remains so fixed on simply 'proving ghosts exists'. Yeah, we get it, they DO EXIST SO YOU CAN STOP PROVING IT NOW. I mean I am convinced, they do not need to keep trying to convince me. Lets move on to the next step!

I'd like to see a show whose mission is as in-depth communication with these things as possible. Just a few weeks ago, at the Goldfield Hotel revisit, It said; "I want to talk to Zak". Where was the follow up to that request? They should have been all over that EVP site with everything they got but Zak just fricken ignored it! These things may hold the secrets of the Universe and want to share them under the right circumstances, we should be giving them the chance. Maybe if the first 20 minutes of the show had not been wasted play Sheriff and and bad Guy there would have enough time to follow up what was truly important to the shows premise.

never say never, because anything is possible

Please note: I am not Anti-Government. I hold no affiliation with Conspiracy Theorists.
My opinions are my own based on my experiences only. While I do wonder why they continue

to hold positions they do, I also think they believe they are doing the right thing.

#29    GhostTornado

GhostTornado

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

• If you don't seize the moment, you'll never catch the storm.

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:59 PM

Ghost Adventures for sure. Great show, they let you listen to their EVPs... and not to mention, Zak is hot.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#30    Mr.Hyde

Mr.Hyde

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:36 PM

View PostFatal, on 18 November 2010 - 10:55 AM, said:

By ghost show, I mean those shows where they investigate hauntings and stuff.

I used to really like Paranormal State, but not so much anymore. It just kind of feel like that show is the same thing every episode. That, and they never catch any particularly interesting evidence. Alot of the time, it seems like what they experience is just feelings they get and that can just get kind of boring.

Recently, I've gotten into Ghost Adventures. Now, this show is interesting. They get alot of stuff that seems authentic to me. Paranormal State feels kind of scripted and fake at times. This show really doesn't feel like it. Not to me, anyway.

I've heard good things about the show Ghost Hunters, but I really never tried to get into it for some reason. How is it?
My all time favorite was One Step Beyond ,remember those ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users