Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged]World's first beauty contest for goldfish

Still Waters

More than 3,000 fish from 14 different countries competed in the newly established International Goldfish Championships held in Fuzhou at the weekend.

Breeders battled it out for a range of different titles, with the World Goldfish Queen crown the most fiercely contested category.

Lined up on rows of tables in giant bowls, the ornamental fish were judged across 12 categories including the longest and heaviest goldfish.

http://www.metro.co....st-for-goldfish

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BiffSplitkins

• Still Waters

• EllJay

• Ashotep

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

More than 3,000 fish from 14 different countries competed in the newly established International Goldfish Championships held in Fuzhou at the weekend .

Breeders battled it out for a range of different titles, with the World Goldfish Queen crown the most fiercely contested category.

Lined up on rows of tables in giant bowls, the ornamental fish were judged across 12 categories including the longest and heaviest goldfish.

'We judge goldfish mainly by five criteria: breed, body shape, swimming gesture, colour, which is very important, and overall impression,' explained Ye Qichang, a member of the judge panel.

The judge was particularly impressed with a giant 1.75kg (3lb 5oz) prized specimen fish competing in the competition.

'I have raised gold fish for some 40 or 50 years, and it is the first time I've seen such a big creature,' said Mr Qichang.

I should have entered my goldfish. I call her 'Honey Blub-Blub"

:D

• Like 2

I think there is a beauty contest for just about everything anymore. Its a dinosaur that needs to have a die off.