Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Toronto Ghost Hunters PLS Read

Nanometer

Hi all, I just joined and have been using the search for Toronto based groups or individuals.

I am an inventor looking to test equipment never used in paranormal research before.

All I can say publicly is that I run a small business from home, designing all the way down

to manufacture dealing with lasers.

I have spent a lot of time recently developing unique equipment specific to paranormal research

and am looking for a group or individuals to tag along with while I test it out.

If anyone is from the Toronto area, knows of good locations and goes quite often to known locations,

please let me know in this thread or by private message if preferred.

Points of interest for me are 'shadow people' and areas which sightings or good EVP's have

been captured.

My goal is to take the level of technology to the next level.

Looking forward to your replies, and thanks for reading :)

Joe.

Ive heard that... I also heard about the amateurs who went up on the r00f..

Im looking primarily for locations that are accessible by the general public

at the wee hours..

Some of the equipment ill be testing is for audio, so a quiet area with few

people is ideal. I was thinking of trying a cemetery, but would probably get

arrested lol... something I wish to avoid ;)

You could try checking out the Haunted Hamilton website. They have quite a few ghost walks in the Hamilton area through out the year, and are having a bus trip to the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum in Weston, West Virginia on March 19. There are a few seats left for the bus trip. Might be worth looking into. Haunted Hamilton Web Site

I was thinking of trying a cemetery, but would probably get

arrested lol... something I wish to avoid ;)

Try St. John's of Norway at Woodbine & Kingston Rd. It is very old, spooky and I believe that the gates are open.

You could try checking out the Haunted Hamilton website. They have quite a few ghost walks in the Hamilton area through out the year, and are having a bus trip to the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum in Weston, West Virginia on March 19. There are a few seats left for the bus trip. Might be worth looking into. Haunted Hamilton Web Site

I would like to start locally so I can make changes, and have access to my shop etc... Eventually I would like

to travel to the US and see some of the amazing sites which ive seen on ghosthunters. Specifically the lighthouse

in Florida. Cant recall the name but would like to go there. I will check that website, thanks for the link :)

Try St. John's of Norway at Woodbine & Kingston Rd. It is very old, spooky and I believe that the gates are open.

I grew up just north of there on woodbine. Do you know of anyone who has encountered anything there like

an EVP?

I go out to the ghost light in Port Perry in the spring when the road is empty. In the summer its packed

with drunken teenagers, but a perfect setting otherwise. A bit far but worth it. The graveyards in the country are also

looking like a good place.. very creepy. I just hate the drive and always forget something :no:

I grew up just north of there on woodbine. Do you know of anyone who has encountered anything there like

an EVP?

Small world, I lived just south of there for years. That was the spookiest place that popped to mind but nobody that I know ever saw a ghost there.

Some other places pop to mind. I've heard of ghosts at Todmorden Mills off of Pottery Rd or the old abandoned Whitby Psychiatric Hospital which is incredibly spooky. The old Don Jail and Old City Hall

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons

Small world, I lived just south of there for years. That was the spookiest place that popped to mind but nobody that I know ever saw a ghost there.

Some other places pop to mind. I've heard of ghosts at Todmorden Mills off of Pottery Rd or the old abandoned Whitby Psychiatric Hospital which is incredibly spooky. The old Don Jail and Old City Hall

The link for whitby looks cool. That is one to keep in mind.

LOL, never thought of todmorden mills. Lived here all my life and didnt think of that one.

Location is perfect and is a nice and open.. I dont think they even have security there

which eliminates hassle. Think the last time I was there, I was 7 or 8 on a school trip.

Man im getting old :wacko:

Back in the day, I used to work at McMichael Art Gallery in Woodbridge. I really wish

I still had access to that place. It was the original log cabin for the artists known

as the Group Of Seven.

I worked nights with only one other person in the bldg. Some of the stories that come out

of that place are just plain crazy... I left after the 3rd 'incident' lol.

LOL, never thought of todmorden mills. Lived here all my life and didnt think of that one.

Location is perfect and is a nice and open.. I dont think they even have security there

which eliminates hassle. Think the last time I was there, I was 7 or 8 on a school trip.

Man im getting old :wacko:

Bonus to going there is the Dairy Queen at the top of the road lol

Edit to add: I don't think that there is access to the general public however Bay St station has an old unused station beneath the existing one. You might want to look into that.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons

Bonus to going there is the Dairy Queen at the top of the road lol

Edit to add: I don't think that there is access to the general public however Bay St station has an old unused station beneath the existing one. You might want to look into that.

Old train stations, sounds interesting... Never heard of that one..

If you know east york, I used to go to EYCI at cosburn. One thing I would love to get access to

is the WWII bunkers under the football field. There are supposed to be tunnels connecting

three large shelters under East York Collegiate, Danforth Tech, and I think monarch Park, high schools.

Last that I heard, something happened in the 90's and a student was sexually assulted at danforth tech in

an access tunnel. Rumor was they were all sealed off after that.

Dont think they'd be haunted, as far as I know they were never used for anything besides storage for the 3 schools.

Haha, cant forget the Dairy Queen.. Spent many summers bike riding with the journey ending at that very location.

I know East York very well lol although I went to LHS not EYCI.

Another place that come to mind is the Guild Inn in Scarborough, however I don't know if it is even open anymore

I just unfortunately moved home from Toronto after being at U of T for a few years. Spent a lot of time there and I honestly never had any experiences.

Have you tried getting in contact with these guys? http://torontoghosts.org/ They seem to be one of the few established groups in the area. They may be able to get you in touch with people if they can't help you themselves.

I just unfortunately moved home from Toronto after being at U of T for a few years. Spent a lot of time there and I honestly never had any experiences.

Have you tried getting in contact with these guys? http://torontoghosts.org/ They seem to be one of the few established groups in the area. They may be able to get you in touch with people if they can't help you themselves.

I think that link was posted, going to send them an email...

Great name by the way, is that Russel Oliver inspired? :unsure2:

I think that link was posted, going to send them an email...

Great name by the way, is that Russel Oliver inspired? :unsure2:

Occupation inspired. I'm an archivist ;)

Hi all, I just joined and have been using the search for Toronto based groups or individuals.

I am an inventor looking to test equipment never used in paranormal research before.

All I can say publicly is that I run a small business from home, designing all the way down

to manufacture dealing with lasers.

I have spent a lot of time recently developing unique equipment specific to paranormal research

and am looking for a group or individuals to tag along with while I test it out.

If anyone is from the Toronto area, knows of good locations and goes quite often to known locations,

please let me know in this thread or by private message if preferred.

Points of interest for me are 'shadow people' and areas which sightings or good EVP's have

been captured.

My goal is to take the level of technology to the next level.

Looking forward to your replies, and thanks for reading :)

Joe.

Are you still ok? :unsure:

• 1 year later...

Yea i live near the mill, i heard something like that too and am starting my own ghost hunting group.

Yea i live near the mill, i heard something like that too and am starting my own ghost hunting group.

No offense at all...

You say you are starting a Investigating group......Get some investigating skills, you just replied to a dead topic, over a year old.....:)

61 Grange Avenue Toronto is one of the most haunted places in Toronto (Grange and Spadina). In fact all the way up and down that street they've had house cleanings and exorcisms led mainly by Buddhist Monks... it just kept on jumping from house to house... expect smells, brown tar substances, shadow creatures, physical attacks and evps in foreign tongues. Seems to be connected to very early Assyrian demonology. Be careful. Btw it hates healthy animals. You might not want to take your best friend with you.

• 3 weeks later...

No offense at all...

You say you are starting a Investigating group......Get some investigating skills, you just replied to a dead topic, over a year old..... :)

Lol

1) saying "no offense" before you go on and say something offensive dosen't make you look smart, nor dose it take any away from you intentionaly saying something to offend.

2) I replied to it incase any one came back to this topic and checked it, to speak/ask questions of my own to whomever I felt I wanted to know more from.

3) I just got what I was looking for.

No offense at all...

You say you are starting a Investigating group......Get some investigating skills, you just replied to a dead topic, over a year old..... :)

Lol

1) saying "no offense" before you go on and say something offensive dosen't make you look smart, nor dose it take any away from you intentionaly saying something to offend.

2) I replied to it incase any one came back to this topic and checked it, to speak/ask questions of my own to whomever I felt I wanted to know more from.

1) You got what you are looking for? You looking for people to join your club by posting on an dead thread while offering nothing on why people should join your 1 member gang except you heard about it and you live close by.

2) You made a comment about people not being smart but it backfired on you since you forgot to use spell check. Those who live in glass houses, Think about it.

3) ????

4) doing numbers is fun.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 1

Lol

Grow a funny bone, will ya......geesh.

• Like 1