Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coping with Extraterrestrial Existence

Missile Punch

Often times UFO/Extraterrestrial enthusiasts claim that the world governments know of the existence of intelligent life beyond our planet. However they choose to suppress this knowledge based upon the idea that humanity as a whole is not yet prepared for full disclosure. My question to you is, do you think that humanity is ready? Why or why not? Enjoy!

• Like 1

I think individual humans are ready.

The species on the other hand, a species who riots given poor results in a Football match, who routinely decides that it doesn't like the hair colour/favourite TV show/what someone ate for dinner and uses that as grounds for hatred and war, a species full of members that frankly couldn't find it's way out of a room with a sign saying "this way out" without stopping to admire it's own reflection, Tweet about being in the room or wondering if Kim Kardashian was also in the room once, the species that produces members who think giving their own children preventable diseases is a good idea, who decry science and scientists as "bullies" or "tools of the system" until they really need help, a species who produces members who don't immunise their children because "it's poison" but happily pumps Botulism Toxin into their skin for cosmetic reasons ... that species, those members of that species couldn't cope.

• Like 6

Governments know about these things flying around. Civilians just don't know if it's their secret projects or not. If they're not military, there's no way they don't know that there's something flying around our airspace. They just wouldn't acknowledge it to the masses because they'd never admit to being helpless to do anything about it.

Humanity ready? Humanity needs to die out.

Hmm... So far two for "Humanity is too stupid to handle it!" I have to say that it is interesting that collectively as a species we actually do seem to become less intelligent. I wonder how many people would act hostile toward extraterrestrials, even if they themselves were not.

We would be like those isolated tribes hurling spears at those metal birds.

Haha I hope not. I mean I hope we wouldn't be stupid enough to instigate violence. If we made an enemy out of beings who could travel across the galaxy, they'd probably be able to destroy us without ever getting close enough for us to shoot.

All you'd need is some 'neck with a rifle or a caveman in a robe that always has an RPG strapped to him.

There will be lot of people who will not care at all.

Indeed. I figure that as long as it wouldn't be some kind of impending doomsday scenario, the majority of the planet would probably resume their routines pretty quickly.

• Like 1

There will be lot of people who will not care at all.

When the annoucement pre-empts Keeping Up with the Kardashians they'll care.

they'll care that their TV show is off.

Other then that, no. they'll not care. Some will think it's fake, some will think (because Pastor Rob's told them so) that it's Satan's lies....

• Like 2

I think individual humans are ready.

The species on the other hand, a species who riots given poor results in a Football match, who routinely decides that it doesn't like the hair colour/favourite TV show/what someone ate for dinner and uses that as grounds for hatred and war, a species full of members that frankly couldn't find it's way out of a room with a sign saying "this way out" without stopping to admire it's own reflection, Tweet about being in the room or wondering if Kim Kardashian was also in the room once, the species that produces members who think giving their own children preventable diseases is a good idea, who decry science and scientists as "bullies" or "tools of the system" until they really need help, a species who produces members who don't immunise their children because "it's poison" but happily pumps Botulism Toxin into their skin for cosmetic reasons ... that species, those members of that species couldn't cope.

We tend to as a species to follow the bigger crowd without thinking for ourselves aka pack mentality, usually ends up in riots and mass chaos in the streets, definitely if there is another crowd with the exact opposite views. We get into argument that lead to blood feuds over pity things, while those with massive egos think they are entitled, and we still have parties of our culture that thinks they are superior than other races. Individual being that is capable of doing no damage to relationship between our two species would be better, introducing slow introduction between our two species, helping us understand alien civilizations. We would have to have an new course in alien relationships and alien cultures in school, to help better prepare our child for future prospect of alien contact. In other words... our species will feel safe knowing the history, culture, and our relationship with the species first before ever engaging in mass contact or interaction between species.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

We tend to as a species to follow the bigger crowd without thinking for ourselves aka pack mentality, usually ends up in riots and mass chaos in the streets, definitely if there is another crowd with the exact opposite views. We get into argument that lead to blood feuds over pity things, while those with massive egos think they are entitled, and we still have parties of our culture that thinks they are superior than other races. Individual being that is capable of doing no damage to relationship between our two species would be better, introducing slow introduction between our two species, helping us understand alien civilizations. We would have to have an new course in alien relationships and alien cultures in school, to help better prepare our child for future prospect of alien contact. In other words... our species will feel safe knowing the history, culture, and our relationship with the species first before ever engaging in mass contact or interaction between species.

I agree. But that's IF we were to have a continued interaction with them. If the government were to simply provide with evidence that extraterrestrials exist, that may not be grounds for restructuring the education system. Or perhaps the government themselves don't know anything about them in regards to culture, intentions, where they are from... Basically not much beyond knowing they exist.

Edited by Missile Punch

People don't handle other people very well. I can't imagine the mess that would ensue if it were announced aliens have made contact. Some will handle it well and others will either worship them or try to kill them. This is what people do.

• Like 1

Often times UFO/Extraterrestrial enthusiasts claim that the world governments know of the existence of intelligent life beyond our planet. However they choose to suppress this knowledge based upon the idea that humanity as a whole is not yet prepared for full disclosure. My question to you is, do you think that humanity is ready? Why or why not? Enjoy!

I think that the theory that governments are covering up aliens existence is something believers convince themselves to excuse the fact we haven't had disclosure (despite the fact its been due anytime now for the last 40 years according to the literature) As for panic, I don't think so unless they were aggressive.It may affect certain religious beliefs but for most people it won't make much difference.

• Like 2

People don't handle other people very well. I can't imagine the mess that would ensue if it were announced aliens have made contact. Some will handle it well and others will either worship them or try to kill them. This is what people do.

We would have to invent some new vocabulary to those who might be racist to these ETs................perhaps "alienist"..................and when we use the terms "illegal alien"............we would really be talking about "Illegal aliens" :lol:

Edited by klambo
  • Like 2

I think that the theory that governments are covering up aliens existence is something believers convince themselves to excuse the fact we haven't had disclosure (despite the fact its been due anytime now for the last 40 years according to the literature)

Well you know you know we almost got disclosure in 1963...............If it wasn't for that damn Mr.Oswald!.............or so they tell us!!! :lol:

Edited by klambo
  • Like 1

Is humanity ready? Man Ive been watching sci fi my whole life, I grew up on the original Star Trek, Dr Who, Close Encounters etc etc, as have zillions of others, its like we have accepted it long ago. But I dont really vote for 'the govts wont disclose it'. I think thats a bit silly, it wont be up to them will it, if aliens just come floating down? What the hell can any govt do if we were visited?

besides, The Vatican said some time ago that people should accept the possibility of life elsewhere, not that what they say influences me at all. And no-one panicked. Years previously, Bill Clinton announced to THE WORLD... that they thought they had found alien life, or rather, alien fossils, in a meteorite. That was broadcast around the world!!

NASA spend billions looking for life, searching out habitable planets, we have missions within our own solar system actively searching for life, thats all televised too, where is the 'are we ready' in that?

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

I'm 100% ready to try any alien brewed craft beer our intergalactic chums may bring with them :tu:

• Like 1

I'm 100% ready to try any alien brewed craft beer our intergalactic chums may bring with them :tu:

There lies the reason for so many crashes...

In all seriousness, I would think the question is: are they ready for us? We're more like 2-3 year old children that will be touching buttons, shoving potatoes in the exhaust pipe of their cruisers, sneezing on them, spilling drinks on their control panels, demanding stuff from them because they're more advanced than us (what if they are not?)... why would they even bother? It's no wonder that all the alien abduction stories begin by the person being totally immobilized...

• Like 1

More to the point. is humanity ready for the disappointment if & when no extra terrestrial life is found?

More to the point. is humanity ready for the disappointment if & when no extra terrestrial life is found?

No, we'll all lay down and die because no aliens.

Like we've done in the centuries before.

No, we'll all lay down and die because no aliens.

Like we've done in the centuries before.

Well, i suppose you're right, because nothing has really changed has it.

No way are we ready as a species. We kill each other over skin color, sexual orientation, religion, drugs, money etc.. Some people would view these beings as "Gods" and just change life as we know it...

Edited by lowester
  • Like 1

I feel that the human race(as a whole) will never be 100% ready. We could give everyone another 100-200 years, and there will still be panic from the Obsessively Religious, the Close Minded, and the Paranoid Lunatic Fringe...

That said, I look at this situation much the same as telling a child their grandfather has just died. Sense this is something we will never be ready for, then I think we're as ready as we are ever going to be...

Edited by Midyin

Haha I second that!