Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What if aliens hate our religions

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#46    Hartmut

Hartmut

-

• Pip
  • 178 posts

• Without artists, the worlds would be,
    like a world without flowers and butterflies.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:27 AM

Superior aliens, or anyone who is fairly advanced in his thinking, would not hate any of our man-made religions, but shake their heads in utter disbelief at our calcified religions and the wars that have been
caused by them - and which are still going on today - by totally moronic and fanatical religious "holy" warriors

Attached Files

#47    Thetruthisoutdated

Thetruthisoutdated

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

Well you asked " what if aliens hate our religions?" so i will base my reply on the idea they are actually here, they really do hate our religions, and we can communicate with them. I would say, So what? Half the planet hates our religions already and most people have stopped believing in most of the Gods, so its probably only a matter of time before they realize all the Gods are imaginary. I  can only imagine aliens might find the entire god thing interesting.

#48    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,498 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

i do think it's very funny how people try to squeeze in Atheist propaganda at the slightest opportunity.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#49    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Expert Procrastinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

• I make blog entries with stupid jokes and post them to the internet.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

Who cares if aliens hate out religions. People on Earth already hate our religions, so if aliens hated them, I doubt it would matter.

Check out my paranormal news blog on Tumblr! TheParanormalBlog.Tumblr.com

#50    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,310 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

Well, but if they are like the villains from a certain video game franchise that made Microsoft money, their own fanaticism will not tolerate our kind of religions.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#51    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 11 August 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

i do think it's very funny how people try to squeeze in Atheist propaganda at the slightest opportunity.
My sense is that this goes both ways.   By the way, why do you choose to call it "propaganda?"  What is your  idea of what constitutes "propaganda?"

#52    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

View Postambelamba, on 11 August 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

Well, but if they are like the villains from a certain video game franchise that made Microsoft money, their own fanaticism will not tolerate our kind of religions.
I have a worry that the main reason aliens don't show up is because they tend to destroy  themselves at some point in their development.  I also worry that technology will someday make nuclear or even worse weapons cheap and easy to build, in which case we will be doomed by our own religious fanatics.

#53    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:29 AM

If aliens hate our religions then convert 'em!

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users