Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Icelandic Trolls

hooko22

I saw the movie troll hunter the other day. A movie where they tell of Norwegian trolls. It inspired me to do an article myself about icelandic trolls. Which are similar to Norwegian trolls but not quite the same though. Do take a look:

http://www.themysterybox.org/icelandic-trolls/

I also plan to translate some icelandic folklore tales about trolls and post it for you troll lovers to enjoy. I just finished translating one for example that speaks of a man that meets a female troll, not a scary story though. Rather a touching beautiful tale of love and a trolls desire to be christian. (trolls were the enemies of christianity!)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hooko22

• Mr.United_Nations

• msmike1

• Ever Learning

A trolls desire to be christian? i would love to hear about this.

A trolls desire to be christian? i would love to hear about this.

Well actually she, the trollskessa(female troll) is christian but desires it for her child too. She is not babtised but desires to be so and finds the chance to have her daughter babtised to christianity.

Anyway keep watching the site, I will post it sometimes next week when I have finished the translation. It's a old icelandic, kinda hard to translate but it's going along quite well.

I usually post it on facebook when I release an article so if you guys want to be notified then push the like button on the right side of the site.

:)

Edited by hooko22

Hey there is a post of trolls from Scandinavia, post there don't really need another post about the same topic

Hey there is a post of trolls from Scandinavia, post there don't really need another post about the same topic

With all due respect mate, iceland is part of scandenavia and scandenavia is huge, that's like saying monsters from america all go into the same thread. The trolls depicted in here are also unique from scandenavian ones.

They have trolls where I live as well. Huge, monstrous things, with foul smelling breath that will eat you alive if you let them. They are pretty easy to find though, most hang out at the local bar waiting on lonley unsuspecting men to put their beer goggles on.

Mike

I just read the other day that the only mammal native to Iceland is the Arctic Fox. So, in my opinion, if there are trolls in iceland, they came over with the Human and livestock.

They have trolls where I live as well. Huge, monstrous things, with foul smelling breath that will eat you alive if you let them. They are pretty easy to find though, most hang out at the local bar waiting on lonley unsuspecting men to put their beer goggles on.

Mike

Hahaha good one Mike.

I just read the other day that the only mammal native to Iceland is the Arctic Fox. So, in my opinion, if there are trolls in iceland, they came over with the Human and livestock.

Well I don't remember how it was again with that. We do have minks and reindeer as well but as you mentioned they're not native. Not even sure that the fox is either but we humans did not introduce it there. It must have come over from Greenland on the ice.

I saw the movie troll hunter the other day. A movie where they tell of Norwegian trolls. It inspired me to do an article myself about icelandic trolls. Which are similar to Norwegian trolls but not quite the same though. Do take a look:

http://www.themyster...elandic-trolls/

I also plan to translate some icelandic folklore tales about trolls and post it for you troll lovers to enjoy. I just finished translating one for example that speaks of a man that meets a female troll, not a scary story though. Rather a touching beautiful tale of love and a trolls desire to be christian. (trolls were the enemies of christianity!)

:huh:

Mike

:rofl::hmm::wub: oops!

You know, the whole troll legend probably is due to the fact that there was a person(s) with a certain mutation (think the elephant man) that were forced to go and live on their own due to said mutation/illness. And said person(s) was probably very angry, etc, and hence the legend of the evil/mean trolls were born.

Nevertheless the norse folklore is very interesting imho.

I like trolls, especially internet ones.