Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1 wk until NK rocket launch.It can reach Ca.

Simbi Laveau

Chances are more than good that the rocket will blow up on its own.

I would really hate to be the one responsible if it fails again. They might zero a mortar and drop it on me.

This is sort of like when the old space stations reentered earth's atmosphere. You can sort of gauge where most of it may land but have to also consider where possible large chunks of it might land in unexpected places.

More likely it'll reach about 6 feet before going "phut".

• Like 3

I wish there was a way to jam the telemetry so they couldn't get the data they need to continue refining their systems. Shooting it down would be counterproductive though.

I wish there was a way to jam the telemetry so they couldn't get the data they need to continue refining their systems. Shooting it down would be counterproductive though.

I *think* the USA has technology of this kind ,but its a mum topic .

OH! So thats what was predicted to make California sink into the ocean in 2012 :rolleyes: . (<- see what I did there?)

But seriously, the launch maybe related to that whole "Apocalypse" thing.

Yeah base on past launches this one isn't a threat to anyone but the North Koreans. The most likely outcome is that the rocket will blow up, the world will laugh, and the Norks will tell their people that the launch was a stunning success and the world is begging the North for mercy.

Yes,but if NK cries wolf enough times ,the one time they do a successful launch ,everyone will be snoozing .

They are a wild card ,and should be taken seriously ,every time .

• Like 1

Update: it launched, wasn't intercepted, now the satellite it carried is the issue now.

I don't understand the technology but I think this is just another step in creating a viable delivery system for a nuclear warhead. They first have to be able to place a payload of a certain weight at the correct altitude before it can be delivered to a global target. They still have to miniaturize the weapon. But any tech they create will be Iran's for a price. And a world where Iran or NK have a deliverable nuke over intercontinental range is a world I'd rather not live in - given a choice.

Problem is that the same technology used on a space program can be used in a ballistic missile program. Anybody can claim that they're just working on a satellite delivery system when they're really working on a bomb delivery system.

• Like 1