Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mayan Secrets to Be Revealed

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1    bouncer

bouncer

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:17 AM

cant wait to find more on this one!

Mayan Secrets to Be Revealed by Mexican Government

"Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond," currently in production, will claim the Mayans had contact with extraterrestrials, producer Raul Julia-Levy revealed to TheWrap.

"Mexico will release codices, artifacts and significant documents with evidence of Mayan and extraterrestrial contact, and all of their information will be corroborated by archaeologists," said Julia-Levy, son of actor Raul Julia.

Now please READ the article...mexican disclosure??

http://news.yahoo.co...-183325515.html

#2    RedSquirrel

RedSquirrel

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

• "I have no idea."
    Nex prius vestis!
    I am terminally curious.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:25 AM

Interesting news article, though one part smells just a tad fishy:

Luis Augusto Garcia Rosado, the minister of tourism for the Mexican state of Campeche, said new evidence has emerged "of contact between the Mayans and extraterrestrials, supported by translations of certain codices, which the government has kept secure in underground vaults for some time."

The bold is my touch, it seems just like certain California towns that live off of the Jackalope, Bigfoot (bigfeet?) and other oddities. Tourism = big bux.

Edit: I am stupid. More reading makes it pretty clear that the writer of the news article doubts this as well. It does look like a publicity stunt, no?

Edited by RedSquirrel, 29 September 2011 - 05:26 AM.

Posted Image   I support the majestic Pacific Northwest tree Octopus.

#3    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:32 AM

Probably capitalising on the popularity of Ancient Aliens.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#4    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:04 AM

View PostShadowSot, on 29 September 2011 - 05:32 AM, said:

Probably capitalising on the popularity of Ancient Aliens.
Every once in awhile that show will point out something interesting, but I don't think it gives mankind enough credit for it's own intelligence.

#5    Scepticus

Scepticus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 247 posts

• Some people are too tired to give you a smile. Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:04 AM

:D

Hmmm

I think the real reason why Mexican and Guatemalteco officials are on board on this one, is just to fish in as many tourist as possible before 21/12 2012.  

"Raul-Julia claims there is proof that the Mayans had intended to lead the planet for thousands of years, but were forced to escape after an invasion by "men of dark intentions," leaving behind evidence of an advanced race."

Hmm cant wait to see these claims of evidence.
If he thinks this is the reason for the collapse of the mayan civilization, he should do some scientific research and he would find out the real reason.

Also

"And yes, they expect people to take this seriously, because the messages he plans to impart are crucial to human survival, Julia-Levy insisted"

If its so crucial to human survival why first present the evidence at the end of 2012? Why not now? It would give us more time to accept and prepare.

I'll put my money where my mouth is. I'll donated 1.000$ to the UM website if any evidence are shown to be crucial to human survival.

:D

The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.

#6    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:25 AM

View Postbouncer, on 29 September 2011 - 05:17 AM, said:

"Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond," currently in production, will claim the Mayans had contact with extraterrestrials, producer Raul Julia-Levy revealed to TheWrap.

"Mexico will release codices, artifacts and significant documents with evidence of Mayan and extraterrestrial contact, and all of their information will be corroborated by archaeologists," said Julia-Levy, son of actor Raul Julia.

and so the 2012 mania begins

#7    HMS Dreadnought

HMS Dreadnought

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:35 AM

Sounds an interesting watch alright, not happy about having to wait a year  :angry:  :alien:

Dear you guys. Words cannot express how much I hate you guys. As we fight our way northward into the great unknown, only that one thing remains certain: that I hate you guys with every tired muscle in my confederate body. We have taken Topeka and I must rally the men onward to Missouri. Because I will not stop until we have won it all, and you guys are my slaves. Because I hate you guys. I hate you guys so very very much. Yours, General Cartman Lee.

#8    MrSkeptical

MrSkeptical

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:41 AM

A film producer and a minister of tourism... your thought maybe is the same as mine. Can't wait for 2012.

#9    brainiac

brainiac

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:06 PM

December 21, 2012 is the return of the new alien envoy to earth.

#10    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:25 PM

View Postbouncer, on 29 September 2011 - 05:17 AM, said:

If I see the name Jaime Maussan anywhere near this "disclosure"...  :td:

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#11    Anotheryahoo

Anotheryahoo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:29 PM

I wonder if it will be anything concrete or just a lot of spin to get tourist's? You would think if they really had something solid it would have been released already. Im curious though about the landing pads. One would have to think that a real discovery wouldnt be released by a tourism official but by a scientist or historian.

#12    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,839 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:39 PM

View Postbrainiac, on 29 September 2011 - 12:06 PM, said:

Really? What happened to the old alien envoy? :rofl:

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#13    Drj312

Drj312

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:56 PM

View Postbrainiac, on 29 September 2011 - 12:06 PM, said:

Just like in the X-files!

#14    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:02 PM

View PostAnotheryahoo, on 29 September 2011 - 12:29 PM, said:

I wonder if it will be anything concrete or just a lot of spin to get tourist's? You would think if they really had something solid it would have been released already. Im curious though about the landing pads. One would have to think that a real discovery wouldnt be released by a tourism official but by a scientist or historian.

Perhaps the Vatican already knows and has stuff locked deep in its vault regarding the Aztecs, Mayans and Incas.

Maybe the destruction of their civilizations was because they claimed more evolved beings from the stars had setup their cultures and the Jesus loving Vatican (Christ loving fanatics) couldnt cope so they labelled them heretics and destroyed everything.

#15    Cryptozological Mascot

Cryptozological Mascot

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

• “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.” –Martin Reese, British Astronomer

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:20 PM

...as if the U.S. didn't have enough troubles with aliens from Mexico...:blink:

The world is my oyster... and I'm allergic to sea food.
My Background / Credentials

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users