Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Discovered - Mysterious Disc on Baltic Seabed

• Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

#271    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 5,120 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:35 PM

Abramelin, on 12 July 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

It's based on photos and on the descriptions given by the divers: http://truthfall.com/  and they gave many detailed dimensions.

If you or anyone else is able to come up with another drawing or painting, I'd like to see it.

And if this is not some elaborate hoax (I still have serious doubts), and if it is indeed a manmade structure, it may be one of the greatests archeological discoveries in many decades.

I didn't say I could do better.   These artistic interpretations are almost always sensationalized.

#272    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,125 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

Myles, on 12 July 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

I didn't say I could do better.   These artistic interpretations are almost always sensationalized.

But did you read the descriptions on the site I linked to?

#273    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

Thanks, Abramelin, for that information.  The repeated actions of glaciers seems to have both destroyed the source of this river and substantially widened and deepened the valley into something resembling the Gulf of Bothnia, by 700 thousand years ago. This gulf would then have been filled alternately, with either mile thick ice, or glacial melt water, and sometimes sea water, too. It doesn't seem that any building would have been going on there. Supposing a human culture that could build a 200 foot wide complex of stones, over 700 thousand years ago is quite a reach. Finding something like that would be about as revolutionary to human knowledge as the discovery of a fossilized extraterrestrial spacecraft.

Edited by bison, 12 July 2012 - 02:37 PM.

#274    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,125 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

bison, on 12 July 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

I very seriously doubt that the object is a man-made structure. The problem with the idea is this: The Gulf of Bothnia, where the object is located, is the result a river valley being enlarged and eroded by repeated glacial movement. This has apparently been going on for about the last two and a half million years. It seems that when the area wasn't under a mile of ice, it was flooded with the melt water of the glaciers, and sometimes sea water, too. Opportunities for building anything in the midst of this seem lacking.

What I said was: the Bothnic was a river valley once according to geologists, but that was a million of years ago (and much earlier). And if I understand it correctly, then back then it was not yet covered in ice, but still way too far back to be a manmade structure. It was also not covered by water, it was an area through which that river flowed and just east of the anomaly. The Åland Archipelago must have been mountains located to the west of that river.

My idea is that it is a huge rock sitting on another type of rock. The movement of the ice sheets carved it almost perfectly round. The rock below that thing is maybe softer and got eroded faster, making the whole thing look like it sits on a huge pillar:

Posted Image

All that would make it not necessarily much older than say 20,000 years or something. but a natural structure anyway.

Edited by Abramelin, 12 July 2012 - 02:19 PM.

#275    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,125 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

bison, on 12 July 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

Thanks, Abramelin, for that information.  The repeated actions of glaciers seems to have both destroyed the source of this river and substantially widened and deepened the valley into something resembling the Gulf of Bothnia, by 700 thousand years ago. This gulf would then have been filled alternately, with either mile thick ice, or glacial melt water, and sometimes sea water, too. It doesn't seem that any building would have been going on there. Supposing a human culture that could build a 200 foot wide complex of stones, over 700 thousand years ago is quite a reach. Finding something like that would be about as revolutionary to human knowledge as the discovery of a fossilized extraterrestrial spacecraft.

Heh, that's some serious editing you did there.

But I agree with what you said.

#276    trigger1

trigger1

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

oceanX website saying they can't talk to the crew while they on expedition, but give link to new webstore selling products :no: ... why would anyone buy stuff  based on fact that they said they dont know what it is.. i'll keep an open mind, but for first time starting to think maybe sceptics are spot on for once. They have two weeks, lets see :huh:

#277    Lightingbird

Lightingbird

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

• Step Aside or Die

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:26 AM

trigger1, on 12 July 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

oceanX website saying they can't talk to the crew while they on expedition, but give link to new webstore selling products :no: ... why would anyone buy stuff  based on fact that they said they dont know what it is.. i'll keep an open mind, but for first time starting to think maybe sceptics are spot on for once. They have two weeks, lets see :huh:

Yea this is starting to sound more and more like nonsense.

#278    pallidin

pallidin

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,753 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

Abramelin, on 12 July 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

What I said was: the Bothnic was a river valley once according to geologists, but that was a million of years ago (and much earlier). And if I understand it correctly, then back then it was not yet covered in ice, but still way too far back to be a manmade structure. It was also not covered by water, it was an area through which that river flowed and just east of the anomaly. The Åland Archipelago must have been mountains located to the west of that river.

My idea is that it is a huge rock sitting on another type of rock. The movement of the ice sheets carved it almost perfectly round. The rock below that thing is maybe softer and got eroded faster, making the whole thing look like it sits on a huge pillar:

Posted Image

All that would make it not necessarily much older than say 20,000 years or something. but a natural structure anyway.

Looks like an elephant leg that got squashed by a huge turd :)

#279    texaskat

texaskat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• Studebaker Lover

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:12 AM

I read about this while doing some Internet Surfing/Searching for things like that to read.  I too hope some funds become available to check this thing out.  Some years ago I read something about a saucer type thing that fell into the water.  Was in some book I read.  Don't remember the book name or arthur but it had several things in it that some were invstigated and some were not - late 70's.  This could be what the arthur mentioned that was not investigated at that time.

texaskat

#280    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,125 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:11 AM

Abramelin, on 11 July 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:

Posted Image

I think the next thing they will find is a broken, two miles long, bender:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Abramelin, 13 July 2012 - 04:22 AM.

#281    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,736 posts

• With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

Don't pay any attention to Uncle Owen, Luke, or the Jawa...look behind them!

Posted Image

*nerdgasm*

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 16 July 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#282    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,897 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Here is an update with some new, quite interesting, facts.
You'll have to make do with a crappy Google-translation from a Swedish newspaper, but I hope you can decipher it>>

The circle in the Baltic Sea has eluded treasure hunters, geologists, UFO enthusiasts and marine archaeologists.

Now, the first answers from analyzes of rocks from the formation arrived - and they are spectacular.
- We have found a burnt organic material on them, said Dennis Åsberg who found the circle.
Both learned and unlearned argue about what really happened there on the bottom of the Baltic Sea, where two Swedish treasure hunters found the strange circle.

When Swedish researchers were not interested in investigating the basalt stones they picked up from the bottom, help came instead from Israel.
Weizmann Science Institute and Institute archaeologist at Tel Aviv University offered that they both studying rocks.

Organic material

Now, the Swedish circle discoverers Dennis Åsberg and Peter Lindberg received the first slips from Israel and published it on his website.
They show that  burnt organic material found.
- It's pretty cool and crazy. There is a question mark about what the organic material found on the stone really is, said Dennis Åsberg.

Something that surprises in the preliminary report is that they dated the organic material to be between 15 000 and 140 000 years old.
- It is not be possible at this latitude. Last time we had volcanic activity or anything like that, was 150 million years ago.

Although researchers in Israel were surprised over the discovery and requested the team to bring up more rocks that you can analyze.
- The news of the age and the biological material was the real wonder. They are really interested in this, and it suggests, of course there is something interesting.

Geologist surprised

Even Frederick Klingberg, a geologist at the Geological Survey of Sweden, thinks the preliminary results are remarkable.
- Organic material from this age in Sweden is rare, but the heating is however strange that they come up with. Since it's hard to date organic material, but I do not understand how they can have such a spread in the results, he says to Aftonbladet.
It is something that scientists in Israel hopes to pinpoint in detail when examining the new examples, and they also hope to find out what exactly the organic matter consists of.

Dennis Åsberg'm is surprised of the lack of interest from Swedish researchers.
- The stone is basalt, a volcanic rock. When we talked to the Swedish geologists they say that basalt is not unusual to find in the Baltic Sea. But we have not found ONE, but numerable items right around this object.

http://www.aftonblad...icle16577422.ab

Edited by EllJay, 10 April 2013 - 10:01 PM.

"Opinions are like a**holes - everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#283    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

The dates of 15,000 to 140,000 years ago pretty well bracket the last ice age. The Gulf of Bothnia was under a couple of miles of ice at the time. Difficult to see how organic matter was burned at this site, under these conditions. An intrusion of the object from above, through the ice, seems a plausible explanation. A meteorite has been discussed; Some do contain organic materials. The shape of the object is a problem, though. Besides being largely circular, it is apparently very flat in relation to its diameter; nearly as flat, proportionately, as some coins. This does not seem to accord with the expected shape of a meteorite.

#284    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,855 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

Blues Girl, on 03 July 2011 - 05:00 PM, said:

Could it be a homemade anchor?
60 meters in diameter?  not likely.

#285    BigTrain86

BigTrain86

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

Waking up an old thread.

Some intresstning vidoes from one of the original finders of the object.

http://beforeitsnews...fo-2451032.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users