Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Most Depressing States in the U.S.

Persia

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doctor_Strangelove

• RavenEyes19

• WoIverine

• UFO_Monster

I thought Nevada would be higher on the list. It always struck me as a bummer of a place to live.

I thought Nevada would be higher on the list. It always struck me as a bummer of a place to live.

I'm surprised it's on the list, I had a blast there... but then again I lived in Vegas. I am extremely surprised that Florida isn't even on that place. I lived there for 4 years & everyone there is depressed & depression is contagious there. It was starting to get to me, ever since I left I feel a million times better.

Wow, I didn't expect Kentucky to be number three. I should have figured. I was diagnosed with depression and general anxiety disorder, my sister has post-traumatic stress syndrome, and my mother has OCD and manic depressive disorder. Not only that, five or six people in the schools where I used to live have attempted suicide, but I'm not sure how many succeeded. Kentucky, what have you done to us?! Haha.

Well...probably Michigan? If there are people actually still living in Detroit.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

All Mentall Illnesses will be erradicated inside 2 1/2 years... easily, as it's mostly to do with an "induced" premature access to the higher of consciousness in the dimensions we live in (being more ONE with all as we are Subconsciously where we are ONE becomeing more ONE consciously) as in not being able to controll it (thoughts emotions etc) as yet but it is going/will to be cleaned up as a whole as in our mind set of our consciousness of why what is what, another reason other than being higher in consciousness (In Areas) is that our emotions equal energy energy is used to run the worlds systems (complicated) it's mostly the energy from the emotions we dont like (fear trauma terror devastated and the like) we have of recent "proved" we can duplicate/reproduce this energy without the emotions we dont like, but as ya now know their is a need for these emotions to produce energy so therefore their is a system that brings these emotions about that we dont like being "scripts" (complicated to explain) other than being/coming more consciously ONE with all, this system has also been proven to be able to be changed, it's just it's very very complicated to explain and very non-excepting to the average viewer, but of course it will and can be done for the better of all, people that understand why we Dream and Lucid Dreams and their course and effect and how it comes about and understand energy (thoughts semi/conscious processes) will get a grasp for it and know what i'm say'n regarding the scripts...

good luck

love all

Edited by ether2

I think this list is crap.

Drive through any crumbling inner city in America, that is depressing! Formerly good areas strewn with graffiti, derelict shopping carts, weeds growing along sidewalks. Ever since the legislation of the 1960s, taxpayers have moved their families and their wealth to the suburbs to escape being prayed upon by inner city tax rates and inner city criminals (two of the same thing).

Edited by make me believe

I'm surprised it's on the list, I had a blast there... but then again I lived in Vegas. I am extremely surprised that Florida isn't even on that place. I lived there for 4 years & everyone there is depressed & depression is contagious there. It was starting to get to me, ever since I left I feel a million times better.

The whole state strikes me as a tourist trap.

WV at number one sounds about right. It is an unhealthy state. And some residents wonder why people from here are frowned upon in other states...

WV at number one sounds about right. It is an unhealthy state. And some residents wonder why people from here are frowned upon in other states...

It's a shame, tho. I think it's a beautiful area. I love the Appalachians and the New River. Appalachia seems to be rife with poverty. Mountainous counties here in VA share many of those same problems.

Alaska must have been overlooked. They have 6 months of dark, cold winter. Alcoholism affects a large percentage of the population... hmmm, is there a connection? :mellow:

Not surprised Indiana is on there..I've lived here my whole life. It's so incredibly boring and depressing. And our mental health care is crap.

How lucky my sister and I were born here :rolleyes: I have severe anxiety and she has schizophrenia.

Well...probably Michigan? If there are people actually still living in Detroit.

Sort of. You can take a safari into the city and see ancient crumbling ruins, kind of like mayan ruins. No one is really sure what happened to the population however.

lol, well you know why Indiana is the crossroads of america.. Because no one wants to stay there!

Anywho, Detroit is struggling, true. But it is starting to make the baby steps of an upswing. Recently Flint has become the first MI city to be able to pull themselves up enough that they are getting an EFM review and might be able to function without an EFM now.

And personally, since we moved to MI, we have never been happier or in better states of mental health. Then again, we aren't near a major city, and neither of us is in manufacturing or education, so that may have something to do with it.

I'm surprised my state (Washington) isn't on there since historically we have a tendency to have a high suicide rate. I suppose it might have something to do with the fact that our weather is crap (gray and rainy), cost of living is high, and we are the most isolated large city in the continental USA -- BUT on the other hand, there's plenty to do here, people are generally friendly, crime is pretty low, and we have some limited access to affordable mental health care.

All the other states... totally not surprised to see them on that list. There wasn't a single one that made me say "oh wow, I'm shocked" LOL

Florida is not on the list because it has its advantages over over states such a no income tax, cheap and affordable real estate and GREAT WEATHER. I have been living in West Palm Beach for eight years after coming from NYC and I am very happy here. AFter 911 an air of depression hung over the city for several years and it really never recovered.

Most of the new people who have moved here have money and they can afford the good life. It is true that the poor people have a hard time, but that is true everywhere. Come of the winter, the state really booms. Millions of snow birds come to occupy their homes and condos and things are really jumping. Even if you ask the poorest person here if they are unhappy and would like to move north during one of those vicious snowstorms, they will give you a dirty look.

During that 7 month winter season, I get great joy watching the news about the snowstorms constantly hitting the north. I used to suffer in those storms; now I watch them on TV. I really like watching the TODAY show where they shows the people wearing those heavy winter coats and hats. As they talk you can see the vapor coming out of their mouths. I just keep laughing ever time they open their mouths and I will call a friend still in NY and tell them I am laying on Palm Beach and what are they doing?

^I would love to live in Florida just for the weather. What I would give to be looking out onto the ocean right now rather than endless cornfields.

Edited by RavenEyes19

Maybe it’s the flat, barren landscape and threat of severe weather; maybe it’s the high poverty rate (16%) and low rates of health-insurance coverage. For whatever reason, the Sooner State ranks in the bottom five of every category we considered.

Even the official state rock song is depressing. In 2009, the Oklahoma legislature bestowed that honor on "Do You Realize?" by the Flaming Lips; it's a dirge-like tune featuring lyrics such as "Do you realize that happiness makes you cry? Do you realize that everyone you know someday will die?"

LOL. It's really not all that bad! Especially in the metro area where I'm from. Why is it that people only think that all Oklahoma has is flat land, tornadoes, and covered wagons? I don't really think this journalist did their homework. Oh, and that song that the speak of? No one even knows that trivia. Flaming Lips are from Oklahoma, so that's the only reason they have the "official rock song" of Oklahoma...

• 2 weeks later...

Florida is not on the list because it has its advantages over over states such a no income tax, cheap and affordable real estate and GREAT WEATHER. I have been living in West Palm Beach for eight years after coming from NYC and I am very happy here. AFter 911 an air of depression hung over the city for several years and it really never recovered.

Most of the new people who have moved here have money and they can afford the good life. It is true that the poor people have a hard time, but that is true everywhere. Come of the winter, the state really booms. Millions of snow birds come to occupy their homes and condos and things are really jumping. Even if you ask the poorest person here if they are unhappy and would like to move north during one of those vicious snowstorms, they will give you a dirty look.

During that 7 month winter season, I get great joy watching the news about the snowstorms constantly hitting the north. I used to suffer in those storms; now I watch them on TV. I really like watching the TODAY show where they shows the people wearing those heavy winter coats and hats. As they talk you can see the vapor coming out of their mouths. I just keep laughing ever time they open their mouths and I will call a friend still in NY and tell them I am laying on Palm Beach and what are they doing?

Uh...I'm not sure how you pulled off the no income tax thing, but please, by all means, let me in on that! :blink:

Edited by Spid3rCyd3