Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 1 votes

Monster Seen on Camera in Sewer

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

• I'm the fourth wise monkey.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:08 PM

www.liveleak.com said:

As above these Victorian sewers hide many secrets.

Posted Image Read more...

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#2    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,553 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

IMO, people have far too much time on their hands...and there's far too much silly use of CGI.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#3    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,925 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:21 PM

Looks similar to that trail cam pic from that thread that refused to die.

Posted Image

#4    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,024 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:27 PM

it's the cookie monster

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#5    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:28 PM

View PostLilly, on 04 April 2011 - 08:15 PM, said:

IMO, people have far too much time on their hands...and there's far too much silly use of CGI.

No, this isn't cgi. I'm not saying it's really a monster, but that really is on the footage and wasn't added later.

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#6    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,798 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:46 PM

Looks like it could easily be a puppet. The first two parts of the video, where something runs across the tunnel look like they are cut from a Jurassic park clip. But, could also easily be puppets.

I did notice that in the final part, where the critter leans out, that the camera is completely still, it is sitting on a tripod, almost surely. So someone took a camera on a tripod into a tunnel and then then "happened" to find a monster?

Also, I don't think the monster made any ripples in the water.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#7    Particle Noun

Particle Noun

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

• Remember yourself, always and everywhere
    -G.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:00 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 04 April 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

Looks like it could easily be a puppet. The first two parts of the video, where something runs across the tunnel look like they are cut from a Jurassic park clip. But, could also easily be puppets.

I did notice that in the final part, where the critter leans out, that the camera is completely still, it is sitting on a tripod, almost surely. So someone took a camera on a tripod into a tunnel and then then "happened" to find a monster?

The camera is anything but completely still.  It starts, then stops and then starts again, very bumpily, as one would expect if this was mounted on a robotic device or somthing.

#8    Chronii

Chronii

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

• Addicted to tea.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:02 PM

Interesting.

#9    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:04 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 04 April 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

No, this is a camera snake. They push it down the pipe on a flexable wire.

#10    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,798 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:04 PM

View PostParticle Noun, on 04 April 2011 - 09:00 PM, said:

The camera is anything but completely still.  It starts, then stops and then starts again, very bumpily, as one would expect if this was mounted on a robotic device or somthing.
The first two tunnels, I agree. But the last one is from a higher angle it seems to me, and appears more like a tripod picked up and moved forward a little. But, you could be right on that count too. Could be a robot. Using a robot to tape it would mesh with using a puppet in the tape... College animatronics students anyone?

Edit: looking at it again, the last part appears to be filmed from pretty low too.

Edited by DieChecker, 04 April 2011 - 09:07 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#11    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:13 PM

View PostBracket, on 04 April 2011 - 08:28 PM, said:

No, this isn't cgi. I'm not saying it's really a monster, but that really is on the footage and wasn't added later.
How do you know this Bracket?

#12    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:24 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 04 April 2011 - 09:13 PM, said:

How do you know this Bracket?

Because i can tell. I've studied movies since i was 6 years old. I have Aspergers Syndrome, which leaves me with an almost obsessive interest in the film business and how it works.

#13    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:34 PM

View PostBracket, on 04 April 2011 - 09:24 PM, said:

Because i can tell. I've studied movies since i was 6 years old. I have Aspergers Syndrome, which leaves me with an almost obsessive interest in the film business and how it works.
So you haven't seen the original footage for yourself to confirm?

I'm not saying that you are wrong.  You may be right.  But I don't see how anyone can make a determination about whether these short, low quality clips have been digitally edited.  I don't claim to know one way or the other, but your statement was fairly emphatic so I thought that perhaps you had more information that you were working from than the rest of us.

#14    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:43 PM

Kind of sad that the person who shared the video automatically assumed it was a "monster".  :rolleyes:

I don't know, like K said it looks similar to that trail cam pic in that other thread.

I think it's just another fake.

Edited by JVE, 04 April 2011 - 09:53 PM.

#15    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:57 PM

View PostJVE, on 04 April 2011 - 09:43 PM, said:

Kind of sad that the person who shared the video automatically assumed it was a "monster".  :rolleyes:

I don't know, like K said it looks similar to that trail cam pic in that other thread.

I think it's just another fake.

I said i don't think it's a monster.  :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users