Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Edward Snowden leaks: NSA 'debates' amnesty

Still Waters

The US National Security Agency is considering offering an amnesty to fugitive intelligence contractor Edward Snowden if he agrees to stop leaking secret documents, an NSA official says.

The man in charge of assessing the leaks' damage, Richard Ledgett, said he could be open to an amnesty deal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-25399345

I hope he just keeps doing what he's doing. He wanted to talk at first, the U.S. government was too busy thumping their chest and spouting out crap about not negotiating with traitors.

Looks like some humble pie was served.

• Like 4

ah, trick #45?

So, can't get him then we might appeal to his sense of security?

Wait 3 months and they will offer him a good paid job to stop leaking....

• Like 1

ah, trick #45?

So, can't get him then we might appeal to his sense of security?

Wait 3 months and they will offer him a good paid job to stop leaking....

Or they offer him bookoos of money to shut the hell up; either way.

I hope he rejects their offers, but it is kinda funny.

If they get him back here he will likely be accidentally terminated, ala Michael Hastings in LA this past summer.

• Like 2

I hope he rejects their offers, but it is kinda funny.

If they get him back here he will likely be accidentally terminated, ala Michael Hastings in LA this past summer.

You know, I don't really venture into the CT forum, but Hastings death was timely for those he was investigating.

• Like 1

The question is, does anyone actually care about Edward Snowden? Because I have hardly heard anyone talk about him

The question is, does anyone actually care about Edward Snowden? Because I have hardly heard anyone talk about him

They don't bring up his name, but his impact is felt. Have you seen all the headlines about the NSA in the last 6 months?

• Like 3

Guess Snowden is not taking them up on their offer:

Requesting Asylum, Snowden Offers to Help Brazil With N.S.A. Inquiry

RIO DE JANEIRO — Edward J. Snowden, the former contractor for the National Security Agency now living temporarily in Russia, said in comments published on Tuesday that he was prepared to assist Brazilian investigations of United States spying in Brazil. But he said he could not speak freely until a country grants him permanent political asylum, which he requested from Brazil months ago.

Mr. Snowden, whose disclosures of N.S.A. surveillance practices have shaken Washington’s relations with an array of countries, made his comments in an “open letter” published in a prominent Brazilian newspaper, Folha de São Paulo, in which he described the agency’s activities as potentially “the greatest human rights challenge of our time.”

Brazil, a leading target of the N.S.A.'s activities, has already reacted angrily over the spying, which included surveillance of President Dilma Rousseff, her inner circle of senior advisers and Petrobras, Brazil’s national oil company. Ms. Rousseff called off a state visit to Washington in October after the revelations of the N.S.A.'s operations in Brazil.

Read more

• Like 2