Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tattoos..who has them?

Neognosis

I have a few tattoos and am getting more done over the next 5 months. I was wondering who has them, and if you wouldn't mind posting some pictures? I love tattoos and am always interested in seeing other's people's ink and getting ideas.

On the flip side, who hates tattoos and thinks they are bad?

I'll attach some pics of mine.

post-61772-1200681003_thumb.jpg

post-61772-1200681017_thumb.jpg

post-61772-1200681027_thumb.jpg

post-61772-1200681039_thumb.jpg

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Hill

• Neognosis

• Regency

• drakonwick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have 2. A superman symbol and a arm band with waves.

If I had it to do again I would have not gotten the arm band.

I've got 2. One on each upper arm. They are not very big.

On my left arm is a G-clef.

On my right arm is 2 eigth notes.

I've had them since the early 90's.

That Mondarian painting reminds me of the partidge family buss.

Anyone else want to share pictures of their ink?

Have any of you inked folks felt descriminated against because of your ink? Or how about given priviledge because of your ink?

I have two, one the right hand side of my lower back (AKA "Love Handle" area) of the Eye of Horus because of my facination with Egypt and three small ones on my right ankle. They are the Chinese symbols for "mother", "daughter" and "son" which is self explanitory. I would like to get one between my shoulder blades of a sun with a Virgo symbol in the middle. I have the idea, I just have to get someone to design it and do it! I'd also like to get some cherry blossoms around the three on my ankle. I'll post some pictures when I get home from work.

Almost everyone likes my tattoos. At least that's what they say. My mother in law hates them but she hates tattoos and I don't think my Dad was too thrilled with me when I got them. I started my teenage rebellion in my 30s.! :D

I have a butterfly around my belly button that I got as a teen. As nobody has to see that on a regular basis - haven't had discrimination. My partner has heaps that he covers for work - he does physio in nursing homes and a job he used to work at confessed that one of the interview panel wasn't going to give him the position when she saw his tats. It was a Catholic hospital and they were a bit *ahem* conservative.

one of the interview panel wasn't going to give him the position when she saw his tats.

Where are his tattoos?

Its always a good idea to get them where they can be hidden. When I see some of the 20 year olds with them up the side of their necks or with full sleeves, I cringe?.

Where are his tattoos?

Stomach, shoulder and forearm. The one on his forearm is a Terminator reference, a huge dark 101. Kind of looks like massive barcode (yeh really nice I know).

Eric: I agree, at least he can always wear long sleeves to interviews now he is more conscious of how people may view them.

Edited by Belqis

When I see some of the 20 year olds with them up the side of their necks or with full sleeves, I cringe?.

Ok, let's explore that. Why? What about it makes you cringe? Does the type of tattoo matter?

I'm working on a sleeve. I'm 34.

I have 5 tattoos. I love them. I love getting them. I have no pics of them. I plan of getting more. I love the pain. I know im going to get old but hey at least my wrinkles will be pretty colors.. :rofl:

I have 7 tattoos, here are 6 of them! Its kind of hard to get a good pic. of the one around my right ankle.

But, it is a tribal band.

Upper left arm.

linked-image

Upper right arm.

linked-image

Right forearm.

linked-image

Right forearm.

linked-image

Left forearm.

linked-image

Neck/Back

linked-image

Edited by Vanquish

I have two, a hibiscus flower with tribal vines on my lower back that I got when I was 19 (going to add to it, make it larger soon), and one I got back in October that I've been wanting forever, the fairy that's my profile pic, on the back of my R shoulder. And in the scroll, instead of the name of the fairy, I had the artist put my daughter's first and middle name and DOB. I have pics of both, and was actually going to use the one of the fairy as my profile, but it wouldn't let me upload it (said the file was too big <_< ). When I get home, I'll see if it'll let me this time around. ^_^

As far as discrimination because of them, since they're in easily hidable places, I don't have to worry about them showing at work (in an office), and can choose when to show them outside of work. Everyone who has seen them likes them; my parents weren't thrilled when I got them, but didn't outright say they were horrible or anything.

Edited by FairyJosie23

I don't particularly like mine - objectively as a piece of art, but my brain doesn't even register it at all anymore.

Life is short - I wouldn't worry about keeping myself pristine. For what? Soon everyone will be old and wrinkly and we all know discrimination on the basis of skin colour is wrong.

;)

People do still discriminate - but they shouldn't. I don't think it says that much about you - youre not really identifying with a certain subculture or group anymore. Such a huge range of people have them.

Edited by Belqis

That Mondarian painting reminds me of the partidge family buss.

Anyone else want to share pictures of their ink?

Have any of you inked folks felt descriminated against because of your ink? Or how about given priviledge because of your ink?

I've never gotten any flack over mine (except from my mother, who didn't notice them for almost 10 years, and there's not that much she could do about it). If I have a long-sleeve shirt on, you can't see mine, and I generally do during office hours... but with my job, I'm often at work after 5 and on weekends, and usually wear a t-shirt, so at least once a week I have to sit through "Are those... tattoos? What are they? I wouldn't think /you'd/ get those!" speeches from students, out of town actors or older faculty.

Of course, the students usually have an aneurysm when they see me out at a show or a bar.

--Jaylemurph

I have 7 tattoos, here are 6 of them! Its kind of hard to get a good pic. of the one around my right ankle.

But, it is a tribal band.

Upper left arm.

Upper right arm.

linked-image

mmm is that a hugs??? sooooo thirsty.

Ok, let's explore that. Why? What about it makes you cringe? Does the type of tattoo matter?

I'm working on a sleeve. I'm 34.

Not the tatoo. Since I have them and would like a partial sleeve myself. I am talking about for being able to hide them when it comes to looking for work. The majority of jobs will look down at it if it cannot be covered.

mmm is that a hugs??? sooooo thirsty.

Yep, gotta love kids! lol (They want them hugs.)

Not the tatoo. Since I have them and would like a partial sleeve myself. I am talking about for being able to hide them when it comes to looking for work. The majority of jobs will look down at it if it cannot be covered.

So the hands, neck, face, head, etc?

I suppose as long as you don't mind wearing long sleeves and pants then there should be no problem anywhere

you decide to get a job.

So the hands, neck, face, head, etc?

Exactly. I want to get a least one more.

I saw kid(18 or so). That had one on his cheek. Thats just not smart. Good thing we have lasers now/

or have a B.A. resume. brotha. I wouldn't worry about it. it is not usually the tat unless you got KKK right on your forehead. A persons demeanor and speach style says a lot more about them, but a mean tat could confirm a character flawbad for the company

I suppose as long as you don't mind wearing long sleeves and pants then there should be no problem anywhere

you decide to get a job.

:tu:

or have a B.A. resume. brotha. I wouldn't worry about it. it is not usually the tat unless you got KKK right on your forehead. A persons demeanor and speach style says a lot more about them, but a mean tat could confirm a character flawbad for the company

I disagree with you(even though I don't like to). Everything equal, a person without visible tatoos will always have a leg up and there are alot of poeple with degrees. :)