Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] what do you collect?

mandarine

A friend of mine collects silver icons.He has a small collection, but all icons are astonishing.I have some photos of his collection so you can see them too.Does anybody here collect icons? I don't LoL (I collect friends :lol: ) What do you collect?

post-77636-1220427706_thumb.jpg

post-77636-1220427797_thumb.jpg

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Barnacle Battlefront

• Enigmatic Ghost

• c.sampson

• mandarine

Very cool!!

I collect stones. The funny thing is I don't know what they are for- I just get the pretty ones. Here's a partial picture:

linked-image

Original factory Beatles reel-to-reel tapes. The box is much more important to me than the tape itself.

Original factory Beatles reel-to-reel tapes. The box is much more important to me than the tape itself.

:o like quarter inch? Do you have a Wallensach? (ugh spelling) That is too cool for words!

A friend of mine collects silver icons.He has a small collection, but all icons are astonishing.I have some photos of his collection so you can see them too.Does anybody here collect icons? I don't LoL (I collect friends :lol: ) What do you collect?

i watch lots of DVD'S; i don't actually collect them but since they're piled up, it looks like that....lo

Very cool!!

I collect stones. The funny thing is I don't know what they are for- I just get the pretty ones. Here's a partial picture:

crystals.......nice ones Shera.

i can see tiger's eye and jasper, white quartz and turquoise, spinel, staurolite, carnelian and lots of other stuff that i do not know their names.

are you cleaning them from time to time? they are very precious litlle stones, i used to love them once

crystals.......nice ones Shera.

i can see tiger's eye and jasper, white quartz and turquoise, spinel, staurolite, carnelian and lots of other stuff that i do not know their names.

are you cleaning them from time to time? they are very precious litlle stones, i used to love them once

Clean them? Yes, I was them in water when the holder I use gets dusty? Is that okay?

Clean them? Yes, I was them in water when the holder I use gets dusty? Is that okay?

im not sure how you treat your crystals; if they are just pretty objects to you or mean something more

well, the best way to clean and keep them clean, is not to wash them with tap water but to put them on a window facing the full moon, or by clean them in clean spring water, or clean them with your thoughts.

crystals are very receptive with our thoughts and hold lots of human history in their litlle pieces that you have....

as i said, i dont know how you relate to them but thats pretty much enough for cleaning them

I decided to quit collecting things, but I have to admit I have a lot of stones, rocks and fossils. I get people to bring them to me from places they go.

I collect tokens and other things like marbles and shiney things that appeal to me that I find. I also collect cards. Like old credit cards. Although not so much anymore. I too collect stones.

Very cool!!

linked-image

So beautifffuuuuuuuuuullll stones! :w00t: Maybe i should start to collect stones too.I suggest you to make jeweleries :tu:

I collect animals - just joking LOL!

I had quite a couple of collections: Let's see:

1) Old glass bottles

2) Porcelain Dolls - untill they started freaking me out

3) Barbie Dolls - yes, only the really expensive ones

4) Aromatherapy oils - I do not know why

5) Pocket watches

6) Stones & Crystals

:lol:

Ex-Husbands.

Currently working on #5 divorce.

Have not learned my lesson.

Will probably get married again.

I collect old bottles..My son-in-law works in demolition and is always bringing me very unique ones..I also collect birdhouses..I have them scattered around my house, old ones, new ones. I have them for every season, and leave them out all year round... Just a little quirk I have. :)

I collect Ducks, I have been collecting them since about 1990 and WOW do I have alot of duck figurines, My most prized Duck is what is known as a corn duck, The corn duck is hand made using the husks from the ear of the corn, In all the time I have collected ducks I have only seen two corn ducks and the first one I seen at a yard sale and another colector got to it just before I seen it <_< then I finally found another at a yard sale and I purchased it for just one USD, They are very seldom seen,,

I Love Ducks And I dont Know Why But I Just Do

I too, collect Beatle related stuff. Not like I used to, but I'll still pick up something here and there.

I also collect guitars and amplifiers, mostly Beatle related. I have two Rickenbackers, two Gretschs, two

Fenders, one Gibson, two Epiphones, and a classical nylon string guitar from Mexico. I have a few Vox

amplifiers from the 60's as well. Oh, and two Ludwig drum kits.

Hope to get a Sitar, a banjo and a ukulele this fall.

I collect musical instruments. It's kind of hard to add to my collection because it's hard on me dollar bills. So far I have 2 fender stratocasters, 1 taylor big baby acoustic guitar. 1 alto sax that has seen some more bright and shiny (literally) days. loads of drums of sorts including an electric drumset. A 5-string banjo. An old Austrian (I think) autoharp. A ukranian Balalaika. This weird recorder thing from Mexico and an ocarina. A Piano and at least 2 electric keyboards. I just love fiddling with instruments i can't even play. I forgot to mention I have to violins which were a recent addition (Thanks g-ma).

Ex-Husbands.

Currently working on #5 divorce.

Have not learned my lesson.

Will probably get married again.

Dang girl, you're living in Utah. You could have had all five husbands at once and got it over quicker! LOL

I live in Utah too, 80 miles west of Salt Lake City wayyyyyyyyy out in the remote desert.

I'm just an ol' bachelor desert cat. Always been a bachelor. Will almost certainly die one.

Between you and your five -- seeking a sixth -- husbands and me -- never married and not wanting a wife -- we keep the world in balance!

The Yin and Yang of Yutah, eh? :lol:

I collect American Rifleman magazines. I have an unbroken collection, from December 1928 to last month's issue, about 850 issues.

I'm working on completing my collection of Handloader and Rifle magazines, without about 60 to go to have a complete collection.

I also collect cartridges. My oldest ones predate metallic cased ammunition and are just a tube of paper, filled with gunpowder, and a bullet glued to the end.

I also collect old and collectible books, on a variety of topics but I especially enjoy history. Friends say my house looks like a museum, for all the geegaws I have sitting around: a Roman coin, a couple of old cameras, arrowheads, two naval gun training projectiles, crystal vases and books everywhere.

I'm a bachelor so I can get away with it.

If I were married, much of what I collect would be out the door as the new furniture was being brought in ... lol.

Married friends have warned me about wives: "The first thing to go is your furniture. That comfortable chair you've enjoyed so long, forget it. Out it goes!"

Dang girl, you're living in Utah. You could have had all five husbands at once and got it over quicker! LOL

I live in Utah too, 80 miles west of Salt Lake City wayyyyyyyyy out in the remote desert.

I'm just an ol' bachelor desert cat. Always been a bachelor. Will almost certainly die one.

Between you and your five -- seeking a sixth -- husbands and me -- never married and not wanting a wife -- we keep the world in balance!

The Yin and Yang of Yutah, eh? :lol:

I collect American Rifleman magazines. I have an unbroken collection, from December 1928 to last month's issue, about 850 issues.

I'm working on completing my collection of Handloader and Rifle magazines, without about 60 to go to have a complete collection.

I also collect cartridges. My oldest ones predate metallic cased ammunition and are just a tube of paper, filled with gunpowder, and a bullet glued to the end.

I also collect old and collectible books, on a variety of topics but I especially enjoy history. Friends say my house looks like a museum, for all the geegaws I have sitting around: a Roman coin, a couple of old cameras, arrowheads, two naval gun training projectiles, crystal vases and books everywhere.

I'm a bachelor so I can get away with it.

If I were married, much of what I collect would be out the door as the new furniture was being brought in ... lol.

Married friends have warned me about wives: "The first thing to go is your furniture. That comfortable chair you've enjoyed so long, forget it. Out it goes!"

We should take over the World then. Starting w/ YUtah. I'll marry them & make them throw out all their old stuff & you can take what you need out of that for your collections!

I collect a few things like Marvin the Martian stuff, Halloween stuff, Dracula things, lighthouses, and several more groups of things I can't think of right now because I (since childhood) start 'collecting' one thing or another, then lose interest in it and move on to something else...

We should take over the World then. Starting w/ YUtah. I'll marry them & make them throw out all their old stuff & you can take what you need out of that for your collections!

bonds of friendship :clap::D :D :D:lol: :lol: :lol:

I collect animals - just joking LOL!

I had quite a couple of collections: Let's see:

1) Old glass bottles

2) Porcelain Dolls - untill they started freaking me out

3) Barbie Dolls - yes, only the really expensive ones

4) Aromatherapy oils - I do not know why

5) Pocket watches

6) Stones & Crystals

I like dolls.Maybe you can post some pix of your Babie dolls collection

Edited by mandarine