Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ghostly apparitions the result of time slips?

ghosts time slips

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,027 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

Humanity’s interpretation of the appearance of what we call “ghosts” has largely remained constant throughout history.

In general terms, when the apparent apparition of a person who is, for lack of a better term, “temporally misplaced” occurs (i.e. the apparition appears to be a deceased individual), we presume that what we’ve seen is a spirit, likely stemming from some energetic presence that emanates from the disembodied soul of of a once-living person. Thus, our study of such temporal apparitions has remained what we call “supernatural,” and attempts at communicating with ghosts most often fall under the categorization of conversation with “the spirit world” or “the other side.”

http://micahhanks.co...ange-phenomena/

Posted Image

#2    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

Could be.  After all it is just a jump to the left and a step to the rriiigghhtttt.

#3    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

It actually seems more of a possibility than ghosts being 'spirits'.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#4    Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

• Learn, wonder, smile...

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

This is interesting.  I did cheat a bit and found myself skimming the page as I was getting a little lost in this one :blush: .

The theory put forward would explain why ghost buses and ships are sometimes seen though, and that's something I've thought about when reading 'ghost stories'.  Also the times when people see a ghost of someone who is still alive etc.  And why some are dressed in their natty Sunday best, whilst others are dagging around in nightgowns and bare feet.  Good stuff to mull over, thanks S.W. :tu:

#5    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

Well, I certainly haven't seen any 'ghosts' for myself as yet.

Never too late, I suppose?

#6    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

I like this theory. Makes perfect sense to me.

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#7    whitelight

whitelight

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

Gotta love someone obsessed with something they've never see and do not believe it possible they could exist.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users