Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Iran sends monkey into space

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#16    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Maybe they are developing nuclear physics for some sort propulsion or power.. Yet US and Isreal are saying they are developing nuclear bombs come on not everyone thinks like US and Israel.. Give them a break... they arent threathing anyone like US or Isreal. Leave them alone... On the other hand US had developed nuclear physic just for making weapons of mass destruction and they even used it so... Who is a real threat some lunatic with whole arsenal of missiles or one with noone ...and even if you people think they are making scary bombs ... you think they will use one bomb vs. US or Isreal or any other country no they wont, they aint nothing like your military..
Give me one firm evidence they are making nuclear " warheads " !

Edit: Like China and Russia arent allowing US or Isreal to interfer they wont allow Iran to launch any missiles for that matter...Some people arent all about war...

Edited by Tesla II, 29 January 2013 - 01:12 PM.

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#17    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,460 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

http://www.reuters.c...E75E5I020110615

(Reuters) - Iran has successfully launched a second domestically built satellite into orbit, Iran's Arabic language al-Alam television reported on Wednesday.

The United States and its allies fear Iran is seeking to build nuclear bombs and are concerned that the long-range ballistic technology used to put satellites into orbit can also be used to launch warheads.

"Iran launched a domestically built rocket and the Rasad 1 (satellite) has been put into orbit," al-Alam reported.

In February 2009, Iran launched its first domestically-built satellite, the OMID (Hope) research and telecoms satellite, in what it described as a big step coinciding with the 30th anniversary of its 1979 Islamic revolution.

Iran, which regards its space program as a matter of national pride, says its nuclear program is solely to generate electricity.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#18    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Physically a missile launched from Iran will not hit American soil. Fact. We insist on making it our problem despite this.

I coulda swore I saw the monkey smiling in the video.

#19    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostTesla II, on 29 January 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

Why do people take Iran as threat?
I think probably because they talk mean.

#20    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,228 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

Well maybe there still is hope of ending wars which are ignited by words of people in power...Gotta love those two post about this one! +1 to both!

#21    highdesert50

highdesert50

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

The Iranian politicos, perhaps justifiably, do fear the West in light of events going back to the 50's revolution. These fears are understandable and are certainly perpetuated to political advantage. But, this political ethos that may be often at odds with the general Persian population that is arguably more pro-west than most other Islamic populations. So, given this perspective, the launching of the projectile can certainly be viewed as potentially hostile, or perhaps more benevolently as a scientific endeavor that both demonstrates military might as well as scientific and engineering acumen of "don't tread on me."

#22    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

View Posthighdesert50, on 29 January 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

The Iranian politicos, perhaps justifiably, do fear the West in light of events going back to the 50's revolution. These fears are understandable and are certainly perpetuated to political advantage. But, this political ethos that may be often at odds with the general Persian population that is arguably more pro-west than most other Islamic populations. So, given this perspective, the launching of the projectile can certainly be viewed as potentially hostile, or perhaps more benevolently as a scientific endeavor that both demonstrates military might as well as scientific and engineering acumen of "don't tread on me."
Yea -- everyone sees the world from a different perspective.  It takes work to try to see the world as an Iranian Mullah might see it, though.

#23    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,228 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

People change, times change,... US isnt so much of a superpower as it was.. Back in days America was a good example, even i thought highly about it. But now it went haywire and Bush family started this trend. You people need to fix your own problems first like in country they have too... than maybe help others, and by help i actually mean HELP.. Not destruction and massive troop involvment.. Look at french they sent only a small platoon of soldiers to help locals in their endevaour. You people are sending entire regiments or military " help "...which so far resulted in massive civilian death, that is no help.. thats massacre..

#24    Chooky88

Chooky88

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Better Monkeys than missiles

#25    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

It was a monkey strapped to a missile.

#26    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,228 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

AHahahahha :D :D :D

#27    dharma warrior

dharma warrior

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

• "Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

In related news, Iran announced the invention of color television. This, while Beatlemania sweeps the country. Thousands of Iranian teens are listening to the Fab Four with their transistor radios.

#28    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

I do worry about Iran a lot.  The rhetoric is scary, the Mullahs' rule is touch-and-go (which could lead them to do things they shouldn't) and anyone who believes the nuclear work is for electricity when they have all that oil and natural gas is not being reasonable.

I think they plan to use nuclear weapons for blackmail, but that is just the best interpretation I can put on it; other possible interpretations are much worse.  I can see why Israel may come to do something drastic in the near future, although I fervently hope they don't.

#29    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Israel has its own nuclear missiles so if anything they have helped the paranoia in Iran by having them. As well Pakistan and India are both nuclear powers now and Iran is within striking distance of those 3 nuclear capable nations. Its called an arms race. Nothing will stop it TBH until they burn out there own cold war just like the US and Russia did.

For some reason once you reach the ability to destroy the world 20,000 over the nuke thing becomes not such a funtoy anymore.

#30    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Congratulations Iran!
Welcome to 1948.

This must be the rest of the "Civilized" world that Obama keeps saying we need to join.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users