Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

The United Nations Wants Your Guns America

gun control un united nations arms trade treaty arms treaty

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#46    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

That's what I mean. Even when you are outside and carrying a firearm, how does that help you when somebody wants to mugg you? Try reaching for your gun after you hear: "hands up, it's a stick up!"

#47    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 14 July 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

That's what I mean. Even when you are outside and carrying a firearm, how does that help you when somebody wants to mugg you? Try reaching for your gun after you hear: "hands up, it's a stick up!"
You obviously haven't handled a hand gun before.  Anyway, if my family is with me, I'll still have time to take him down even if I'm hit.  I don't care if I'm the one who would be killed, my family is what I'm protecting.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#48    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

View Postsktm06, on 14 July 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

That's why I love my country.  I don't need someone's approval for me to go out where no one else is around, and fire some rounds at Tannerite targets.  It's fun, I enjoy it, it's my business, and if any pricks think they will take away my 2nd amendment, I see that as a Domestic threat.  They can have my guns, but they will be given bullets first.
Well, I don't love my country, but I am glad we don't have people shooting around in the woods, assuming they are alone. We bang around there differently.

#49    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

View Postsktm06, on 14 July 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

You obviously haven't handled a hand gun before.  Anyway, if my family is with me, I'll still have time to take him down even if I'm hit.  I don't care if I'm the one who would be killed, my family is what I'm protecting.
I've been to the military. Paratroopers.

You have to reach for the gun, take it out, release the safety switch, load the chamber, and then point it at someone. Well, unless you like walking around with an unsafe gun all the time, which is not very responsible.

Edited by FLOMBIE, 14 July 2012 - 03:44 PM.

#50    Sheetz

Sheetz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

The United Nations can get off American soil then, and stop telling Americans and the world what to do....they are ridiculous.  They sit here in our country, trying to pass "world rules".  I would love for them to have to conduct their "sessions" from a 3rd world country or from say a place like North Korea or Libya.  Let's see how safe they feel in mandating those rules and regulations, when at the end of the day, they have to leave that building and get into their diplomatically immune limo to go home for the night....  Then lets see their feelings on gun control (meanwhile how many of them have armed security here in the US)....and yes, they will never get my guns, my permit to carry, or otherwise.   An armed society is a polite society.  Just look at the porblems in places around the world or even in the US that have banned them....crime shoots through the roof, murders still ocurr in record numbers and continue to escalate.  Then look at crime statistic in places that have just enacted the right to carry....crime drops like a lead weight.    What's the place in Africa where the slughters took place not many years ago, killing millions of men women and children?  It wasn't guns, it was machetes that were primarily used - is the UN banning all machetes, kitchen knives?.  Since man got up on two feet, there is conflict, and back then it was who had the biggest stick or rock.  Evil doers will always be walking side by side with men, guns are a modern day tool to even that playing field since evil doers don't play by the rules.  Ban guns, and bad people will still have them....bad guys don't listen to bans, gun control, or regulations/laws - good citizens do, therefore ONLY disarming good people.  Guns are here to stay, so why only give criminals the chance to own them on the black market?  so insane.  man this debate makes me crazy. lol.

#51    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

It's just like the idiots trying to ban cigerrettes.  People need to quit trying to run people's lives.  Mind your damn business and get a hobby.

Edited by sktm06, 14 July 2012 - 04:00 PM.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#52    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

View PostSheetz, on 14 July 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

The United Nations can get off American soil then, and stop telling Americans and the world what to do....they are ridiculous.  They sit here in our country, trying to pass "world rules".  I would love for them to have to conduct their "sessions" from a 3rd world country or from say a place like North Korea or Libya.  Let's see how safe they feel in mandating those rules and regulations, when at the end of the day, they have to leave that building and get into their diplomatically immune limo to go home for the night....  Then lets see their feelings on gun control (meanwhile how many of them have armed security here in the US)....and yes, they will never get my guns, my permit to carry, or otherwise.   An armed society is a polite society.  Just look at the porblems in places around the world or even in the US that have banned them....crime shoots through the roof, murders still ocurr in record numbers and continue to escalate.  Then look at crime statistic in places that have just enacted the right to carry....crime drops like a lead weight. What's the place in Africa where the slughters took place not many years ago, killing millions of men women and children?  It wasn't guns, it was machetes that were primarily used - is the UN banning all machetes, kitchen knives?.  Since man got up on two feet, there is conflict, and back then it was who had the biggest stick or rock.  Evil doers will always be walking side by side with men, guns are a modern day tool to even that playing field since evil doers don't play by the rules.  Ban guns, and bad people will still have them....bad guys don't listen to bans, gun control, or regulations/laws - good citizens do, therefore ONLY disarming good people.  Guns are here to stay, so why only give criminals the chance to own them on the black market?  so insane.  man this debate makes me crazy. lol.
That is simply not true. I will dig out the statistics later on, I am a bit busy atm.

#53    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,528 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

Posted Image

[36]http://www.justfacts.../guncontrol.asp

Edited by Michelle, 14 July 2012 - 04:26 PM.

#54    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:28 AM

Sports shooting is another thing. I quite understand it: there is great skill in hitting the desired target at great range, and not to forget the primal thrill of blasting off rounds.

I have no problems with that at all. You can get a sports shooter licence, and have your weapons stored at the range. No need to have them at home where an accident can happen.

View Postpreacherman76, on 14 July 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Whats wrong with being allowed to shoot exposive targets in the woods? Im grown. I shouldnt have to have big brother holding my hand telling me what I can and cant do. I dont need anyone to protect me from myself. So long as you follow proper safty standards, there is no harm in it at all.

Aye, and that's the rub. There are far too many who don't follow the necessary safety standards.

Edited by Obviousman, 15 July 2012 - 01:41 AM.

#55    Wandering

Wandering

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:32 AM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 14 July 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

In Australia, the only people that get a gun in their face during a robbery are people at nightclubs or servos. People with guns here (since they are relatively hard to get illegally) don't waste them on sticking people up in the street. Most use knives or group numbers to intimidate.

If I had my weapon concealed on myself in such a situation I would have ample time to grab it out. I have never had to do this before and indeed have even talked my way out of a situation without resorting to this action.

I was always taught 'everything in the human kneecap can be replaced'. Anyone else remember that? ;)

#56    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 14 July 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

Of course. I do lots of things with my kids (who are no where near old enough to drive) But I find nothing wrong hunting, or target practicing. And unless you never eat animals, the cow that was killed so you can BBQ some burgers in the back yard was just as inocent. Difference is you didnt have to kill it. The results are the same though.

And you hunt what? Food for your table? Or your own sense of satisfaction that you can kill something that is no threat to you.

#57    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

View PostMichelle, on 14 July 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

Funny how the spike coincides with the crack epidemic and was already falling when the law was overturned.

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#58    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,528 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

View PostCradle of Fish, on 16 July 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

Funny how the spike coincides with the crack epidemic and was already falling when the law was overturned.

It's helpful to look at the entire site and not just at this one example.

I've heard many theories about the cause of rising crime rates in DC, in the eighties, and in Chicago but I've never heard the crack epidemic. Could you provide more information and why there is no longer a crack problem? A link or two would be nice. I was under the impression crack use was as strong as ever, if not more so than in the eighties.

#59    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostCradle of Fish, on 16 July 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

I'd also like to point out, that the murder rate stayed about the same for over ten years after the introduction of the ban, then suddenly took a high rise and dropped significantly again before the ban was abolished. I see no connection.

#60    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,528 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 16 July 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

I'd also like to point out, that the murder rate stayed about the same for over ten years after the introduction of the ban, then suddenly took a high rise and dropped significantly again before the ban was abolished. I see no connection.

Maybe the criminal element took a few years to realize how vulnerable their victims had really become.
One theory, that I've often heard about the downturn, is the upstanding citizens got tired of all of the crime and went out and got their own illegal guns. B)

Not saying it's true...just throwing it out there for speculation, which is all we can really do...speculate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users