Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Great movies that weren't so Great, iyo

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Poltergeist

• 3,230 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Yes, I would agree these movies aren't perfect.

Star Trek - first one - doesn't Kirk just walk around the ship for 45 minutes or so?  I saw it as a kid so it's been a while.

Titanic- taped it off the TV, and stil I have not finished watching it.  It had such hype in the 90's.  Some women I know said it was the greatest movie of all time.  What do they know?

Avatar - visually stunning but the dialog was stupid.   Maybe it would be better with the sound off and some rock music playing.

Star Wars is still pretty good though.  I think it still holds up over time.   At least the first 2 movies.

Edited by little_dreamer, 13 April 2013 - 03:57 PM.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#17    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,032 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Citizen Kane: No one ever heard him say 'Rosebud', ergo, there could be no movie, giant plot hole, makes the movie less enjoyable to me.

Edited by Hasina, 13 April 2013 - 04:04 PM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#18    Aaronsmom

Aaronsmom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:14 AM

Not so, Hasina. It's in the first scene. He's on his deathbed, clutching the glass ball with the snow scene inside. He gasps out the word "Rosebud" as he dies and drop the ball and it smashes. There were people with him when he died. That comes out later in some dialogue.

#19    regi

regi

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

I've never seen the original True Grit, but the remake by the Coen brothers was a huge disappointment. :td:

On second thought, maybe that's better as an example of a great movie- I wouldn't know since I haven't seen the original- that shouldn't have been remade.

To me, a lot of movies that win awards aren't anywhere near great.

Edited by regi, 23 April 2013 - 02:27 PM.

#20    ChewiesArmy

ChewiesArmy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 305 posts

• When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. - Cherokee

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 09 April 2013 - 03:00 AM, said:

The Wizard of Oz
I found Dorothy annoying and just could never get into her or any of the other characters.

AMEN! This movie is so boring with so-so acting. I think the only reason why people liked it was because it was half b/w and half color.

"And how do you know God doesn't swear? Especially taking a good look at the human race, it must be a part of his daily ritual" -Lewis Black

#21    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,867 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostChewiesArmy, on 23 April 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

AMEN! This movie is so boring with so-so acting. I think the only reason why people liked it was because it was half b/w and half color.

I liked it because of the flying monkeys ... :yes:

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#22    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's history.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:56 AM

Critics and hipsters loved "Seven Psychopaths". I didn't. I was disappointed by it. The movie didn't match the trailer.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#23    Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:39 AM

The Dark Knight; I am a huge Batman fan, I do love the films, I think it has a phenomenal cast and crew. But I just don't think it warrants such great praise.

Posted Image

#24    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

The Transformers movies... They're just explosions, explosions, explosions, and more explosions...

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#25    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,630 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:27 AM

View PostSterling Archer, on 24 April 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

The Dark Knight; I am a huge Batman fan, I do love the films, I think it has a phenomenal cast and crew. But I just don't think it warrants such great praise.
Interesting. It is my (admittedly subjective) opinion that The Dark Knight is the best super hero movie ever. If anything, it would be The Dark Knight Rises that disappointed me.But I think that had more to do with following on the heels of such a great film that it couldn't possibly reach that same standard. But as said, this is just my opinion.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#26    Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 25 April 2013 - 03:27 AM, said:

Interesting. It is my (admittedly subjective) opinion that The Dark Knight is the best super hero movie ever. If anything, it would be The Dark Knight Rises that disappointed me.But I think that had more to do with following on the heels of such a great film that it couldn't possibly reach that same standard. But as said, this is just my opinion.
The only fault I have with The Dark Knight was how they wrote Two Face and Rachel. Honestly, I think all three films stand on equal footing. But like you said; subjective opinions and all.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users