Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Haunted Collector

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    PrettyAndDead

PrettyAndDead

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:51 AM

I was truly disappointed in that show, and I had alot of respect for John Zaffis but that show sort of made him look like a glory hound. Its no different than GH GA etc only more lame..

#17    Mike G

Mike G

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:27 AM

View PostSilverCougar, on 10 June 2011 - 12:49 AM, said:

Granted next week apparently one of the investigators gets a bloody nose during the case.. heh

Probably got it while trying to walk off with someone's "cursed" fine china or "haunted" piggy bank...

Posted Image

#18    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,954 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:14 PM

It's like a bunch of grown ups playing Warehouse 13.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#19    The Paranormal Skeptic

The Paranormal Skeptic

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

View PostPrettyAndDead, on 10 June 2011 - 03:51 AM, said:

I was truly disappointed in that show, and I had alot of respect for John Zaffis but that show sort of made him look like a glory hound.

I mean its really no secret that Zaffis has been trying to get a show for years.

The only thing worse than a cynic are the close minded believers.

Pork Rhine

Strange Frequencies Radio

#20    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,729 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

View PostMike G, on 06 June 2011 - 08:49 PM, said:

This guy seems like charlatan thief.

He goes into someone's home or business, finds the most expensive antique in the place (rare European hand gun, expensive typewriter), and convinces the owner that it is cursed and needs to be taken away and put into his possession.

Seems like he's got a good schtick going on. Least, that was the first thing that came to my mind while watching the show...

Perfect!

Aren't they all though?

I want to know how these people actually get a paid contract to a TV show?

It has to be a " who you know " thing......

I am still waiting for a call to do a " Ghost Hunters - Hunter " show......I really think it would do well, I can think of a few great teams from this forum alone that would make a great cast.....Put " reality " to where " fantasy " is taking over.....Come on Scifi Channel, call me !

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#21    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,209 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

lol... won't happen Sakari... Spooky is what grabs the ratings.

But I'm right there with ya... I would find a good debunking show really interesting. Or mmm, a neat equipment show would be cool.

#22    PrettyAndDead

PrettyAndDead

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:23 AM

View PostThe Paranormal Skeptic, on 10 June 2011 - 03:16 PM, said:

I mean its really no secret that Zaffis has been trying to get a show for years.

Well he got what he wanted, too bad it is so horrible!!! :huh:

#23    realmcutter

realmcutter

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:54 AM

Why does syfy even keep making these reality shows? I just want to burst into the syfy studio/office building one day and beat all the executives/directors/whomever keeps thinking that these shows are any good. If they are going to keep making reality shows they should realize that taking it seriously would draw in far many more viewers then all this shock and drama goofiness.

#24    happyhippygerl

happyhippygerl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

• On a tombstone:
    Remember man, as you walk by,
    As you are now, so once was I.
    As I am now, so shall you be.
    Remember this and follow me.

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

View PostMike G, on 06 June 2011 - 08:49 PM, said:

This guy seems like charlatan thief.

He goes into someone's home or business, finds the most expensive antique in the place (rare European hand gun, expensive typewriter), and convinces the owner that it is cursed and needs to be taken away and put into his possession.

Seems like he's got a good schtick going on. Least, that was the first thing that came to my mind while watching the show...

I thought the very same thing. What a way to collect free antiques and these people are falling for it. In my opinion he is a con man! he always finds the most expensive things to be haunted, too!

..the night became alive with those stars. And thus was born the Dragons' Heaven - Draco, the last of the dragons

#25    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:14 AM

View PostMike G, on 10 June 2011 - 05:27 AM, said:

Probably got it while trying to walk off with someone's "cursed" fine china or "haunted" piggy bank...

Probably..  Was not impressed he took that family's handed down music box.  

I predict a very short life for this show.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#26    Mike G

Mike G

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

Bump.

Posted Image

#27    xlizen

xlizen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

I met John Zaffis about two years ago at a ghost adventures meet and greet and had him sign Shadows of the Dark. He was not a nice guy and ignored me when I was trying to talk to him and get him to sign the book (he was at his booth mind you). While he was signing it I tried making some small talk and he just said mmhmm and gave me the book back. Definetly a rude guy IMO based on my experience. I later had the Ghost Adventures crew sign the book and they were the nicest guys and talked to me about some of the stories in the book.
I watched one and a half episodes of Haunted Collector and it just put me to sleep and I was really disappointed in the show. Like what you other guys said, it seems like he is stealing some artifacts for "his museum".

I am not running away from you, I am running away from that beast behind you.

#28    GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

A little bit about John Zaffis.

He is related to Ed and Lorraine Warren, the fame deomologists. Upon Ed's death, the family fell apart due to money issues.

John is fondly called by most of your tv ghost shows investigators and internet radio host/hostess"The Godfather of the paranormal."

I have called him myself. A woman approached me about her son. She swore a demon had taken him over. This is not my area of the paranormal so I called John. He directed me to ask certain questions as the first step. He did not jump to the conclusion this boy was controlled by a demon. I did what he recommended, he was right. Kids was on drugs. He became clean & everything was good.

I have the up most respect for John. I have to agree, though he has a great haunted museum in his basement, I think it is wrong. John, I love ya anyway.

[size=14]If the things that are visible to you are obscure to you, how can you hear about the things that are not visible?

#29    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

I have only been able to bear one episode so far, just another charlatan riding the coat-tails of his predecessors.

I think these people are dangerous in how they proclaim to be experts in the paranormal and proceed to give their expert opinions. None of them have been able to give any evidence at all to date and their expertise fully dependent upon a limited few paranormal catchphrases and a pat on the tush "on your way  and please buy my next book" assembly-line operations.

That is an area rife with deceptions and falsehoods, just another snare spiritually speaking.

Edited by dside, 24 June 2012 - 10:13 PM.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#30    devilmaycare

devilmaycare

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

Shows OK. He himself is boooooring. Just like ALL the ghost shows they walk in with a "I'm here to help" when in fact it turns into nothing more than another lame ghost show. Money problems?, I'm sure, as he ain't on tv for free. I know one thing. I'd NEVER call him nor visit his stupid museum. Boooooring garbage

If you have nothing you would die for, then you also have nothing to live for.

"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority. By definition, there are already enough people to do that." G. H. Hardy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users