Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's the weirdest thing you've eaten?

Bling

I have eaten horse....and I'm still horrified at the fact. I was in France with an ex and he asked if I fancied steak and chips - I did, so I let him order for me. I ate the steak, commenting that it tasted different to the beef I normally have, he informed me that french beef didn't taste like UK beef.....and I fell for it.

After I'd eaten it all he told me I'd just eaten horse meat. That is one of the reasons why he is now my ex!

• Like 4

I've eaten just about everything that could walk or crawl but it would have to be Ox tongue soup with boiled brains, kidney & liver even thinking about it still makes my guts turn. :td:

• Like 2

Dog food is my strangest consumed food.

Just to add Bling, your story reminded me I know a woman who served up a particularly nasty boyfriend of hers a special dish of dog crap smeared onto pork chops. I hope you got a similar revenge...

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 1

I once ate bear meat. I was a field biologist working with an ECO and one of the Native American officers had us over to dinner. The main course was bear.

• Like 1

Dog food...

I don't mind dog food on toast with a cuppa hey maybe we should do lunch sometime. :yes:
  • Like 1

I don't mind dog food on toast with a cuppa hey maybe we should do lunch sometime. :yes:

Sounds good, if get on well we could share a tin of Pal ;)

• Like 1

Last time I went to the San Diego Wild Animal Park(way better than the San Diego Zoo) and I was standing in line for the butterfly tent, people were walking up and down the line offering fried bugs. I had some season grubs of some kind. I found them kind of bland and they made me thirsty.

When I was a kid I ate mud pies and even sampled the dog food. Must more choosey these days about what I put in my mouth.

• Like 1

Crocodile, was kind of tough though

Especially if you have to kill it yourself barehanded... :o

I ate dog food, acorns, and lawn grass as a very young child. If it was in the yard, it was in my mouth. Needless to say I don't do that now.

An alligator pepperette. I ate a worm once on a dare, that's pretty weird I guess..oh and edible flowers. Day lilies taste like lettuce! :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

Tripe is actually one of my fave food's in the world ..

The weirdest thing I've ate is ants .. Right off the floor .. Don't ask me why. :whistle:

Tripe is actually one of my fave food's in the world ..

The weirdest thing I've ate is ants .. Right off the floor .. Don't ask me why. :whistle:

Why? :passifier:

• 2 months later...

i have also eaten dog food and cat food (the dry kind). and i was dared to eat a powdered doughnut covered with chili. it was pretty good actually.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had balut which is pretty popular in a lot of Asian countries. It's a fertilized duck egg so you end up with the embryo, yolk, fluid and sometimes edible egg white depending on the age of the egg. As horrifying as it sounds, it's actually pretty good once you get over the fact that you're some kind of monster.