Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Witnesses baffled by UFOs over Michigan

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#46    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

• Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

View PostHazzard, on 18 January 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

Oh quit whining,... Hawaii, freakin cold, my butt. You should try Sweden in January, now THAT is cold.
I moved here to get away from weather like that.  :yes:

There it is,... thats just the thing, how it starts. Quillius jumps in somewhere flaiming shooting his mouth and then slowly backs out doing the "I never said it was ET" routine.

Wont fall for that one again. :D
ROFL ... good point.  Now if the rest of the crew would show up it'd be like old times.

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#47    brainiac

brainiac

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

For me slow moving that is man made, very fast, an alien made.

#48    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

View Postbrainiac, on 19 January 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

For me slow moving that is man made, very fast, an alien made.

Wow, you sure have set the bar high when it comes to the evidence. :rolleyes:

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#49    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,699 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Cool - It does sound like black triangles again...

ExoPaul - Interesting points & questions....

Others going on about the 'lights' - What if the lights are the mode of propulsion?... No choice...

Mega zombie - I WISH!!! Not in Australia though :(

#50    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,683 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

Is there concrete evidence that proves the Big Bang created the universe and an Asteroid impact killed the Dinosaurs?
making a point.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much skepticism
can make you narrow minded to all possibilities no matter how unconventional.

#51    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,276 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostMag357, on 19 January 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

Is there concrete evidence that proves the Big Bang created the universe and an Asteroid impact killed the Dinosaurs?
making a point.

Smart man! Not looking at some scientific speculation ( like in ufology ) but rather looking at whole picture. You made a damn good point! +1

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#52    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

View PostNuke_em, on 19 January 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

Smart man! Not looking at some scientific speculation ( like in ufology ) but rather looking at whole picture. You made a damn good point! +1

Questioning woo woo claims (instead of looking for the stuff that supports your preconceived notion) is a good thing.

Why dont you try it sometime.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#53    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,741 posts

• Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

making a point.
We have only hearsay evidence you are male and live in the Midwest.  Your point being?

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#54    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,631 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

making a point.

That is the very reason that theories change with new evidence. So far the evidence uncovered supports the Big Bang theory at least. The asteroid impact killing off the dinosaurs is actually being contested by a few other interesting, and more likely in my opinion, theories. Alien visitation has yet to move beyond the hypothesis stage yet as the evidence just isn't solid enough, regardless of how some might think it is.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#55    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

at 2:06 in the video the guy describes the triangle with lights. Im fairly certain thats ours . The rumor mill has it that its a triangular blimp type craft. Its been seen all over America and Ive seen it close up myself over my property although it didnt look the stuff in the video completely.

That said thing about the UFO conspiracy is that our government is doing much stuff now filed under "Top Secret" its very difficult to pick whats just them or whats a truly "UFO" sighting.

I mean it amazes me where our government has gone as far as techno advances This one has been misidentified as UFO in a couple cases on the West Coast:   http://www.huffingto..._n_2473906.html

#56    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

any news yet guys or updates?

#57    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

can someone please help me keep as updated as possible ill do my part of course and keep myself as updated but can someone else send me more info just case i missed something important

#58    Wolfman 1993

Wolfman 1993

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

It's hard saying exactly what it is, especially with how secretive the government is. personally, I believe that if the government was testing planes that they plan on keeping SECRET, they'd do it some where out in the desert, where the whole world wouldnt see the planes and be all "oh! hey! governement plane!"

#59    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,111 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 19 January 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

That is the very reason that theories change with new evidence.So far the evidence uncovered supports the Big Bang theory at least.

Are you sure that you chose the correct example of 'scientific superiority over eyewitness interpretation' S2F?....I agree with you about many things my friend, including the cause of the dinosaur extinction, but though I am not a religious man ,  I will post this link anyway as Duane Gish perfectly encapsulates the dangers of making statements such that.....

http://www.icr.org/a...eory-collapses/

...and a couple of the many supporting links....

http://www.indianexp...er-stars/756519

http://www.conservap...tific_Criticism

http://www.bigbangneverhappened.org/

...contrary to popular belief by 'some' posters on this forum, I am by no means closed-minded to the absolute wonders   of science and it's  necessity for man's progress, but I also recognise the limitations of contemporary-man's  knowledge, and that much of what we are taught in today's science class is no more than 'current-scientific speculation' that is just as likely to become tomorrows mocking-fodder as our ancestors religious beliefs.

Cheers buddy.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
...I found the Smoking Gun at last!!!!!!!!.....https://www.youtube....h?v=fGKOcuANNQo

#60    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,631 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

View Post1963, on 19 January 2013 - 11:40 PM, said:

Are you sure that you chose the correct example of 'scientific superiority over eyewitness interpretation' S2F?....I agree with you about many things my friend, including the cause of the dinosaur extinction, but though I am not a religious man ,  I will post this link anyway as Duane Gish perfectly encapsulates the dangers of making statements such that.....

http://www.icr.org/a...eory-collapses/

...and a couple of the many supporting links....

http://www.indianexp...er-stars/756519

http://www.conservap...tific_Criticism

http://www.bigbangneverhappened.org/

...contrary to popular belief by 'some' posters on this forum, I am by no means closed-minded to the absolute wonders   of science and it's  necessity for man's progress, but I also recognise the limitations of contemporary-man's  knowledge, and that much of what we are taught in today's science class is no more than 'current-scientific speculation' that is just as likely to become tomorrows mocking-fodder as our ancestors religious beliefs.

Cheers buddy.

I know the Big Bang theory isn't universally popular (if you'll pardon the pun) however being a theory means it is open to change via new evidence. If new evidence is found to challenge BB or even disprove it then I consider that a good thing, in the name of progress and all that. I know that science isn't all seeing and there are considerable gaps in our knowledge, in that sense every scientific theory is very much a work in progress. We have to draw a line somewhere though and apply what we know against what we don't and so far the BB explains more than any other theory put forth. That doesn't necessarily mean that the BB theory is absolutely correct however it is the best answer going...so far. :tu:

Edit: BTW, good to see you around '63, I always enjoy your views on a lot of the topics around here and although we may not agree from time to time I still value your participation and insight. :tu:

Edited by Slave2Fate, 20 January 2013 - 12:37 AM.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users