Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

NASA: Martians likely lived underground

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16    SCHMITTHEAD

SCHMITTHEAD

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• good things come to those who wait!!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

how come when ever i hear this kind of rant there is neeeeever ever ever any evidence. guess there camera shy.and ya what about fosils?, foot prints, SOMETHING!

#17    mfrmboy

mfrmboy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

• Beam Moo Up!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

Could be mole people...

One man's TOOL is another man's TOY ! :tu:

#18    rdunk

rdunk

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:45 AM

One of the biggest problems for people/beings living underground would be disposal of waste, waste of all types. Just think about how great a problem that would be, for a group, colony, or city of people of any size. Waste disposal would require major major planning, engineering, and 24/7/365 (Earth terms) constant attention and disposition.

One of the questions not yet answered by NASA, is the higher than expected levels of methane gas on Mars. One possible source of methane is from geological activity, and another source is from some type of biological activity. Methane could be an indicator of life on Mars. On Earth, methane gas sources include gas generated by landfillls and human sewer waste, so, a determination of where the methane gas on Mars is coming from should be pretty high on NASA's "things to do" list. If the methane is "life" generated, I suppose that could be from surface life, or from underground life.

A few of months ago, I found a site on a high quality Mars Orbiter photo that, after much study, I decided it looked like what a human sewer waste surface dump would look like. Why did I decide that?? Well, it was a large area, it looked "sprayed", and there was a feature that looked like it could be a source of the spray. As a matter of interest, since then, I have seen a much earlier research finding of a similar, but very different site, posted on another website, and the poster did refer to it as likely industrial waste coming from an underground site.

So, there seems to be numerous indicators on the surface of Mars, that could imply the possibility of "life" under the surface.  The methane gas is old news, but I will include a link for just one article, in case there might be someone here who hasn't read about it before.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ure/7829315.stm

Edited by rdunk, 10 November 2011 - 04:47 AM.

#19    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:50 AM

The methane on Mars can lead to only one possible conclusion;  Martians don't have enough beano.

Posted Image

Or maybe it's something else... :unsure2:

#20    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,602 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:54 AM

View Postrdunk, on 10 November 2011 - 04:45 AM, said:

One of the biggest problems for people/beings living underground would be disposal of waste, waste of all types. Just think about how great a problem that would be, for a group, colony, or city of people of any size. Waste disposal would require major major planning, engineering, and 24/7/365 (Earth terms) constant attention and disposition.

One of the questions not yet answered by NASA, is the higher than expected levels of methane gas on Mars. One possible source of methane is from geological activity, and another source is from some type of biological activity. Methane could be an indicator of life on Mars. On Earth, methane gas sources include gas generated by landfillls and human sewer waste, so, a determination of where the methane gas on Mars is coming from should be pretty high on NASA's "things to do" list. If the methane is "life" generated, I suppose that could be from surface life, or from underground life.

A few of months ago, I found a site on a high quality Mars Orbiter photo that, after much study, I decided it looked like what a human sewer waste surface dump would look like. Why did I decide that?? Well, it was a large area, it looked "sprayed", and there was a feature that looked like it could be a source of the spray. As a matter of interest, since then, I have seen a much earlier research finding of a similar, but very different site, posted on another website, and the poster did refer to it as likely industrial waste coming from an underground site.

So, there seems to be numerous indicators on the surface of Mars, that could imply the possibility of "life" under the surface.  The methane gas is old news, but I will include a link for just one article, in case there might be someone here who hasn't read about it before.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ure/7829315.stm

but those tunnels had been blasted long ago... so how come the recent activity... B)

#21    rdunk

rdunk

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:56 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 10 November 2011 - 04:50 AM, said:

The methane on Mars can lead to only one possible conclusion;  Martians don't have enough beano.

Posted Image

Or maybe it's something else... :unsure
.....................................................................................................................................................

"beano"............................................... and .................................boono (chg y to o) ...............................................would almost rhyme!  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Or names for your next set of twins! :tu:

Edited by rdunk, 10 November 2011 - 05:00 AM.

#22    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,495 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:59 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 10 November 2011 - 04:50 AM, said:

Posted Image

Or maybe it's something else... :unsure2:

Irritable Organelle Syndrome? Perchance...

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#23    rdunk

rdunk

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:10 AM

View Postlost_shaman, on 10 November 2011 - 04:59 AM, said:

Irritable Organelle Syndrome? Perchance...
.....................................................................................................................................................................................
The screenshot might help a few folks!

Attached Files

#24    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:13 AM

Underground is where it's at, there is an endless supply of dirt to eat, though the views are nothing to talk about.

#25    rdunk

rdunk

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:17 AM

View Postmcrom901, on 10 November 2011 - 04:54 AM, said:

but those tunnels had been blasted long ago... so how come the recent activity... B)
........................................................................................
Mcrom, I am not ignoring your question, but I don't know anything about "tunnels", not sure what you are referring to.

#26    ohoake

ohoake

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

• A lumbering soul learning to fly

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:23 AM

I'd be surprised if this article has some degree of truth to it. However its obvious that Mars suffered some gnarly cataclysmic event that evaporated the oceans and sent some of its crust into space. Let alone created Mt Olympus.

#27    rdunk

rdunk

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:40 AM

View Postohoake, on 10 November 2011 - 05:23 AM, said:

I'd be surprised if this article has some degree of truth to it. However its obvious that Mars suffered some gnarly cataclysmic event that evaporated the oceans and sent some of its crust into space. Let alone created Mt Olympus.
.......................................................................................................................................
Hey ohoake, I am not sure actually what you meant with your comment. But, since you may have questioned the "truth" of the news article I posted, then I will post a similar report directly from NASA. Maybe that will make it more clear.

http://www.nasa.gov/...arsmethane.html

Edited by rdunk, 10 November 2011 - 05:46 AM.

#28    crystal sage

crystal sage

Telekinetic

• 7,369 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:47 AM

A possible opening to a subsurface cave system on Mars. Scientists say these structures could be a possible safe haven for Mars-bound astronauts. They could also preserve any evidence of potential Martian life.

http://www.space.com...astronauts.html

And we have been successfully growing crops underground for some time. They found that they can grow more crops in a shorter time with no concerns for pests or weeds... so often harvest is doubled...

http://www.plantphar...re-of-pharming/

Then if the underground cave system is anything like Earth... there'd be many tunnel systems linked to caverns large enough to house cities...  with underground lakes ...

http://www.360cities....82,-8.43,102.9

They certainly look otherwordly...
http://www.environme...akes-river/2190

http://pruned.blogsp...s-of-tokyo.html

MARS "GLASS TUBES": Who built them???

Edited by crystal sage, 13 November 2011 - 10:58 AM.

#29    crystal sage

crystal sage

Telekinetic

• 7,369 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:59 AM

An interesting perspective !!!!

http://www.ancientmo...m/marstubes.htm

Also ...

Controlled Pharming Ventures offers a scalable, cost-effective controlled environment that accelerates the development and production of value added agricultural goods on a year-round basis. Our proprietary control system offers enhanced production of a wide variety of crops in a customized, repeatable environment that helps developers get their products to market faster, cheaper and with less risk.

We are located in a 100 acre underground facility, and we leverage this unique setting to deliver a reliable, cost-effective agricultural production solution, regardless of necessary containment and/or isolation needs.

http://www.controlledpharming.com/

And there is no concern of us living underground... it would be similar to living in a high rise... Most of us already spend all our time inside anyway... with controlled atmospheres... artificial lighting... indoor gyms... pools... shopping centres... entertainment centres...   As long as there was proper Iphone coverage... computer access most of our teens would be happy...

http://www.hort.purd...l/research.html

The Mitchell Lab is the lead group for the crop focus area of the NASA Specialized Center of Research and Training in Advanced Life Support (ALS NSCORT). Our work focuses on minimizing energy requirements and equivalent system mass (ESM) for crop growth in an Advanced Life-Support System. In addition, we are working on optimizing cultivation practices for ALS crops and selecting cultivars of some of the target crops. Finally our work carries over into the area of controlled environment agriculture (CEA) research, and we have embarked on collaborative research to develop better, safer ways to produce pharma crops.

Edited by crystal sage, 13 November 2011 - 11:07 AM.

#30    rdunk

rdunk

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:03 PM

View Postcrystal sage, on 13 November 2011 - 10:59 AM, said:

An interesting perspective !!!!

http://www.ancientmo...m/marstubes.htm

Also ...  

http://www.controlledpharming.com/

And there is no concern of us living underground... it would be similar to living in a high rise... Most of us already spend all our time inside anyway... with controlled atmospheres... artificial lighting... indoor gyms... pools... shopping centres... entertainment centres...   As long as there was proper Iphone coverage... computer access most of our teens would be happy...

http://www.hort.purd...l/research.html
........................................,..........................................................................................................
Thanks crystal, that is a lot of interesting information. What you have shared will become a lot more interesting, and pertinent, when the "powers that be" decide to stop the "smoke-screening" about life on  Mars. There is a "mountain" of evidence of signs of life being there, either now, or in the past, or both. And the evidence of life, underground, such as you presented, is there too. So, the truth will come out, hopefully sooner than later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users